#26 September 8th, 2005 03:43 AM

Belgareth

Re: Question for Head or Shannon

liandra_dahl wrote:

I know we're all done with this now, but I've got to say. The models are on here reading what you say. It's not just dissapearing off into obscurity. Don't you think that rates as an important component of the site? Do you think they would get many contriubtors if they allowed you lads to say any thing you liked, in any way you liked?.

I'm all for constructive criticism; something which may highlight a negative but has a positive associated with it.

As has been said many times before, the contributors are not just shooting themselves tor our enjoyment, or otherwise. I would guess that for many, judging from their own initial folio statements, are also trying to prove something to themselves and I would not want to destroy their efforts by thoughtless remarks. I believe that I also made a comment about the "props" which Raspberry used but I was careful to try and couch it in reasonable terms because I wasn't criticising her as a contributor.

Any comment which criticises body parts, is very unfair because the contributor has presented herself as she is, without photographic enhancement and therefore without deception.

If any member doesn't like a particular folio - say nothing and preserver the girls' dignity.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#27 September 8th, 2005 03:54 AM

Belgareth

Belgareth wrote:

I'm all for constructive criticism; something which may highlight a negative but has a positive associated with it.

As has been said many times before, the contributors are not just shooting themselves tor our enjoyment, or otherwise. I would guess that for many, judging from their own initial folio statements, are also trying to prove something to themselves and I would not want to destroy their efforts by thoughtless remarks. I believe that I also made a comment about the "props" which Raspberry used but I was careful to try and couch it in reasonable terms because I wasn't criticising her as a contributor.

Any comment which criticises body parts, is very unfair because the contributor has presented herself as she is, without photographic enhancement and therefore without deception.

If any member doesn't like a particular folio - say nothing and preserver the girls' dignity.

As an addition to my previous post, I know how sensitive people can be, because there are times when I feel slightly upset by comments made in the "who I'd least like to see shoot themselves" section of the contributors profile, particularly when it is along the lines of "old people" or really old people" and I wonder for someone, of 18/19 years of age, where the "old people" boundary starts - 30, 40, 50???????

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#28 September 8th, 2005 06:03 AM

theconia2

liandra_dahl wrote:

Do you think they would get many contriubtors if they allowed you lads to say any thing you liked, in any way you liked?.

Thanks Liandra Dahl.  I never looked at it that way before.  You expressed your thoughts quite eloquently and made me realize how inconsiderate I was.

#29 September 8th, 2005 01:12 PM

SCSIgirl

shannon wrote:

yeah i can see why you might get surly about your opinion being removed, but what you have to remember is that the women that post these folios are not a film or a product.  They are real live humans who, in most cases, have never done anything like this before. 

This site isn't about catering to any individual or groups opinion or predilections, it's about celebrating and appreciating diversity.    If it wasn't, you could tell by my being bored into a coma right now.

You can not like a set all you want. Just be a bit polite about it.  Telling someone how you think they should look or shoot themselves is contrary ethos of the site.

And in that vein,  I would like to point out that Doggie's remark in today's Gigi folio is out of line.  Not only is it not true,  it's just rude.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#30 September 8th, 2005 07:24 PM

vadek28

liandra_dahl wrote:

I know we're all done with this now, but I've got to say. The models are on here reading what you say. It's not just dissapearing off into obscurity. Don't you think that rates as an important component of the site? Do you think they would get many contriubtors if they allowed you lads to say any thing you liked, in any way you liked?.

I agree absolutely.  I've realised the error of my ways and I hope I made that clear with my last post.  One reason I like this site is the interaction with the "models".  I don't really think of them as models in the usual sense as they're regular people taking a chance and having fun for the benefit of us lesser (older, uglier and male) mortals.  Please consider my wrist well and truly slapped.

Board footer