#1 September 2nd, 2005 07:08 AM

theconia2

Question for Head or Shannon

Why was my comment to Marti/Red Herring edited?  There was nothing profane or derogatory in my remark.  Like others I praised her tits and nipples.

#2 September 2nd, 2005 08:50 AM

SCSIgirl

Re: Question for Head or Shannon

theconia2 wrote:

Why was my comment to Marti/Red Herring edited?  There was nothing profane or derogatory in my remark.  Like others I praised her tits and nipples.

I've been censored for similar reasons.  It seems to be the rules.  Or maybe there are certain forbidden words ala George Carlin.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#3 September 2nd, 2005 12:03 PM

shannon
Administrator

It's a fairly fluid policy, and often depends on context and tone, - and sometimes how much coffee i've had - but the yardstick I would use is don't type anything you wouldn't say to their face.

It's kinda difficult to use the word 'tits' respectfully.

#4 September 2nd, 2005 01:10 PM

nagaloo

Does that make me one if I use it? How many ways can I say I love you, let me count the ways. Tits!! So do we use the latin or some medical terms.

mammary >adjective relating to the human female breasts or the milk-secreting organs of other mammals. >noun (pl. mammaries) informal a breast.
-ORIGIN from Latin mamma 'breast'.

My cat secretes milk but I never refer to them as tits. I think tits is better than hooters, boobs, baggos, headlights, fun bags, knockers and no doubt many others.

How many are there that we can use? I guess if tits is out that wont leave many.

Quote George
Potatoe Tits, Cheese Tits!!! Bet you cant eat just one!!!!!!!!!
He refers to them as snacks. I agree

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#5 September 2nd, 2005 03:07 PM

shannon
Administrator

nagaloo wrote:

Does that make me one if I use it? How many ways can I say I love you, let me count the ways. Tits!! So do we use the latin or some medical terms.

mammary >adjective relating to the human female breasts or the milk-secreting organs of other mammals. >noun (pl. mammaries) informal a breast.
-ORIGIN from Latin mamma 'breast'.

My cat secretes milk but I never refer to them as tits. I think tits is better than hooters, boobs, baggos, headlights, fun bags, knockers and no doubt many others.

How many are there that we can use? I guess if tits is out that wont leave many.

Quote George
Potatoe Tits, Cheese Tits!!! Bet you cant eat just one!!!!!!!!!
He refers to them as snacks. I agree

Stew

OR you could get all wild and experimental and talk about the images rather than just complimenting her cans.   But this manoeuvre isn't for the novice commenter.  maybe you could practice on a friend at home first? ... preferably under professional supervision.

#6 September 2nd, 2005 07:27 PM

liandra_dahl

nagaloo wrote:

Does that make me one...?

if the cap fits...

#7 September 2nd, 2005 08:04 PM

theconia2

In the United States, many women use the word "tits" when refering to their own anatomy.  I personally have never used the word in a negative way and ALWAYS use it when describing breasts, boobs or cans.  If I met you face-to-face, Shannon, and your anatomy warranted it, I'd probaly comment on your beautiful tits.

#8 September 2nd, 2005 09:07 PM

nagaloo

theconia2 wrote:

In the United States, many women use the word "tits" when refering to their own anatomy.  I personally have never used the word in a negative way and ALWAYS use it when describing breasts, boobs or cans.  If I met you face-to-face, Shannon, and your anatomy warranted it, I'd probaly comment on your beautiful tits.

Exactly!!!!

Stew

The universe is unfolding as it should, and so are the girls on ISM. I love them all.

#9 September 2nd, 2005 09:12 PM

nagaloo

shannon wrote:

OR you could get all wild and experimental and talk about the images rather than just complimenting her cans.   But this manoeuvre isn't for the novice commenter.  maybe you could practice on a friend at home first? ... preferably under professional supervision.

If you notice I dont comment much. I am at a loss for words most times at the wonderful folios. Its hard to come up with original comments that were not already spoken. I dont like using cliches there.

Liandra I will be your boob any day He He!! All you have to do is ask.

Stew

#10 September 2nd, 2005 11:50 PM

wantingscott

my view on it comes from my wife's life experience:

before age 11, all she was known for was her tomboy/athleticism. she would even pitch softball to her dad's team on Sundays. the NEXT summer, it all changed- those same guys were acting funny around her, staring at her (everyone- say it...)

then in high school, she still got the leads in plays, like she did in grammar school, cos she has a cool singing voice. except now, she played the more risque roles, the foil to the lead, all because of her large (say it-)

so, even now, at 34, we're walking down the boardwalk together, hand-in-hand, and all the guys that pass by STARE at her (you know you'd be guilty, too...)

it's pretty much only a close group of male friends and me that look her in the eyes when they talk to her... and even me not even all the time, and she gets pissed "my eyes are HERE!!!"

BUT- when we're alone, and undressed, i do say to her, and she enjoys hearing "Christine, you really do have amazing tits. what a body on you" as i look in her eyes.

Scott

#11 September 3rd, 2005 12:55 AM

SCSIgirl

wantingscott wrote:

my view on it comes from my wife's life experience:
>>>   snipped for brevity  <<<

BUT- when we're alone, and undressed, i do say to her, and she enjoys hearing "Christine, you really do have amazing tits. what a body on you" as i look in her eyes.

Scott

Well, see, it goes the other way too!!  I cringe at really large.... headlights.  I think they must be painfull and require additional upkeep. 

A previous girlfriend had my favs:  she didn't even own a bra as she "had nothing to put in it".  She made an ideal figure model for my photography because you could look at the figure as a whole rather than be drawn to one feature.  I managed to convince my teen daughter that smaller is sexier so she's got at least one feature she's proud of.  (You know all early teens think they are ugly).

As my brother says: "The best ones can pass the pencil test",  so you see, weirdness runs in my family........  it practically gallops.....

Hey!!!  I managed to write this whole thing without using the word "tits" once!!  Ooops.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#12 September 3rd, 2005 01:01 AM

Head

theconia2 wrote:

I'm curious as to how often you slip that into conversation?  Are they ever very long?

#13 September 3rd, 2005 02:32 AM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

Well, see, it goes the other way too!!  I cringe at really large.... headlights.  I think they must be painfull and require additional upkeep. 

A previous girlfriend had my favs:  she didn't even own a bra as she "had nothing to put in it".  She made an ideal figure model for my photography because you could look at the figure as a whole rather than be drawn to one feature.  I managed to convince my teen daughter that smaller is sexier so she's got at least one feature she's proud of.  (You know all early teens think they are ugly).

As my brother says: "The best ones can pass the pencil test",  so you see, weirdness runs in my family........  it practically gallops.....

Hey!!!  I managed to write this whole thing without using the word "tits" once!!  Ooops.

Igoring your last sentence, because I actually hate that word as a inverted euphemism for the female breasts, your comments prove what has been said in many different ways already in this forum, i.e. there is no universally acceptable shape for either male or female.

I often watch in wonderment at guys who's eyes are glued to a passing female's thorasic region, simply because it is endowed with large protuberances and it isn't just males who make a point of staring; the female has been know to aknowledge a larger than normal bulge in the male's pelvic area. What is so facinating about big bumps in specific areas?

I'm one of those boring people who actually tries to sense at the whole person and not just the physical bits that "stand out".

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#14 September 3rd, 2005 08:09 AM

theconia2

Head wrote:

I'm curious as to how often you slip that into conversation?  Are they ever very long?

My point being that I WOULD say it to somone's face which Shannon somehow doubted.  All I'm trying to say is that some people say boobs, others say tits.  Why does Shannon consider one term acceptable and the other not.

#15 September 3rd, 2005 11:22 AM

nagaloo

Big small I love 'em all. When I stop looking I will be dead so sorry ladies if you got 'em I will be looking as you walk by or chat with me. No matter what you call 'em.
Stew

#16 September 3rd, 2005 11:54 AM

centrevom

theconia2 wrote:

My point being that I WOULD say it to somone's face which Shannon somehow doubted.  All I'm trying to say is that some people say boobs, others say tits.  Why does Shannon consider one term acceptable and the other not.

I guess because when you call someone a booby, it's not quite as derogatory as when you call them a tit.

#17 September 3rd, 2005 01:06 PM

liz

centrevom wrote:

I guess because when you call someone a booby, it's not quite as derogatory as when you call them a tit.

Ugh, your sense of humour is so fowl...

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#18 September 3rd, 2005 02:34 PM

nagaloo

centrevom wrote:

I have never used the tit offensivly!! Now a dickhead is another thing.

Stew

#19 September 3rd, 2005 11:07 PM

liandra_dahl

nagaloo wrote:

Liandra I will be your boob any day He He!! All you have to do is ask.

Stew

If I ever feel the urge to trade mine in, I'll give you a call. ;-)

#20 September 7th, 2005 08:13 AM

theconia2

What's up Shannon?  We can't even say that we dislike a folio?  If we do, you delete our comments?  What kind of sh_t is that?  I'm referring to the Raspberry folio where I said I didn't like artists who smeared food all over their bodies.

#21 September 7th, 2005 08:40 AM

vadek28

theconia2 wrote:

What's up Shannon?  We can't even say that we dislike a folio?  If we do, you delete our comments?  What kind of sh_t is that?  I'm referring to the Raspberry folio where I said I didn't like artists who smeared food all over their bodies.

I remember reading your comment, mainly because I agreed with it.  I just checked and it's been removed, as you say.  It's a shame if there's no free speech on this site.  I can understand removing inflammatory comments, but just stating a negative opinion doesn't qualify.  I posted a slightly negative comment (regarding piercings) on one portfolio.  (I don't know if it's still there as I don't remember which one).

Movie reviews don't get removed from IMDb if they say the film is rubbish.  Surely there's nothing wrong with negative opinions if it gives The Management a better idea of what is and is not appreciated.

#22 September 7th, 2005 10:28 AM

shannon
Administrator

vadek28 wrote:

I remember reading your comment, mainly because I agreed with it.  I just checked and it's been removed, as you say.  It's a shame if there's no free speech on this site.  I can understand removing inflammatory comments, but just stating a negative opinion doesn't qualify.  I posted a slightly negative comment (regarding piercings) on one portfolio.  (I don't know if it's still there as I don't remember which one).

Movie reviews don't get removed from IMDb if they say the film is rubbish.  Surely there's nothing wrong with negative opinions if it gives The Management a better idea of what is and is not appreciated.

yeah i can see why you might get surly about your opinion being removed, but what you have to remember is that the women that post these folios are not a film or a product.  They are real live humans who, in most cases, have never done anything like this before. 

This site isn't about catering to any individual or groups opinion or predilections, it's about celebrating and appreciating diversity.    If it wasn't, you could tell by my being bored into a coma right now.

You can not like a set all you want. Just be a bit polite about it.  Telling someone how you think they should look or shoot themselves is contrary ethos of the site.

#23 September 7th, 2005 01:04 PM

nagaloo

shannon wrote:

They are real live humans who, in most cases, have never done anything like this before. 

This site isn't about catering to any individual or groups opinion or predilections, it's about celebrating and appreciating diversity.    If it wasn't, you could tell by my being bored into a coma right now.

Mom says if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all.

But there is a limit to words describing breasts. I mean one of the points to the site is to lift up the female body to where it can be admired as it should. Give some who lack confidance more of it. Some of the shots of the breasts are glorious. I mean I would rather hear nice dick/cock then you have a nice penis. I would think my Dr. was complimenting me. Ewwwwwwwww

Stew

#24 September 7th, 2005 07:32 PM

vadek28

shannon wrote:

This site isn't about catering to any individual or groups opinion or predilections, it's about celebrating and appreciating diversity. If it wasn't, you could tell by my being bored into a coma right now.

nagaloo wrote:

Mom says if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all

I agree absolutely.  You're both quite correct.  As Spock once said: "The joy of creation is in its infinite diversity". Having declared my geekness, I shall now go into hiding.

By the way, contrary to my wowser credentials I usually do put complimentary comments against the portfolios.  After all, there's no point in biting the bum that feeds me (as it were).  smile

Sense of humour restored - let's move on...

#25 September 8th, 2005 12:31 AM

liandra_dahl

theconia2 wrote:

vadek28 wrote:

I remember reading your comment, mainly because I agreed with it. I just checked and it's been removed, as you say. It's a shame if there's no free speech on this site. I can understand removing inflammatory comments, but just stating a negative opinion doesn't qualify. I posted a slightly negative comment (regarding piercings) on one portfolio. (I don't know if it's still there as I don't remember which one).

Movie reviews don't get removed from IMDb if they say the film is rubbish. Surely there's nothing wrong with negative opinions if it gives The Management a better idea of what is and is not appreciated

I know we're all done with this now, but I've got to say. The models are on here reading what you say. It's not just dissapearing off into obscurity. Don't you think that rates as an important component of the site? Do you think they would get many contriubtors if they allowed you lads to say any thing you liked, in any way you liked?.

Board footer