#1 August 26th, 2004 05:21 AM

gtrvox

artists' statements

Why, oh why, do the girls feel they have to provide profound philosophical insights to go along with their folios? Here is one sentence from a recent contributor: "In the history of humanity, major organisations, through it's control of public opinion, have mislead the ideas behind nudity" Huh?? Which major organizations would that be? The International Monetary Fund? The UN? Ford Motors? I can just see it now: Horst Koehler, Kofi Anan and W.C.Ford discussing ways in which to mislead the public's ideas about nudity. Not to be unfair to this particular contributor - many succumb to the urge to provide this fatuous, pseudo-intellectual prattle. Please!! You have fun taking the pics and we have fun looking at them. No more - no less! No need for the psychobabble, people!

#2 August 26th, 2004 08:15 AM

Belgareth

Re: artists' statements

gtrvox wrote:

Why, oh why, do the girls feel they have to provide profound philosophical insights to go along with their folios? Here is one sentence from a recent contributor: "In the history of humanity, major organisations, through it's control of public opinion, have mislead the ideas behind nudity" Huh?? Which major organizations would that be? The International Monetary Fund? The UN? Ford Motors? I can just see it now: Horst Koehler, Kofi Anan and W.C.Ford discussing ways in which to mislead the public's ideas about nudity. Not to be unfair to this particular contributor - many succumb to the urge to provide this fatuous, pseudo-intellectual prattle. Please!! You have fun taking the pics and we have fun looking at them. No more - no less! No need for the psychobabble, people!

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. I know the site is called "I Shot Myself" but I enjoy reading the brief synopses that the contributors provide, simply because that brief sojourn into their thought processes helps me to understand their folios a little more and lets me see how they view the wider world in relationship to themselves.

OK, maybe I'm philosophising too!

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#3 August 26th, 2004 03:23 PM

Head

Re: artists' statements

gtrvox wrote:

What about, say the News Corporation?  They're one of, if not the biggest media company in the world, and you'd have to say that's a major organisation.  And most definitely with an agenda (sell lots of stuff.)

Board footer