#1 June 14th, 2004 05:14 AM

gtrvox

piercings etc

man, I must say I've had it up to here with all the piercings and the tattoos and various other mutilations. What the heck is going on? Beautiful girls, lovely, luscious young bodies deformed by nipple rings, belly button rings, labia piercings, tattoos on butts and shoulders and arms. Am I in a total minority on this? Just recently - a lovely blond girl, would be a delight to look at *except* - a ring through her lip!!! ENOUGH already...your bodies are a gift. A gift that you have chosen to share with us and for that I am grateful. Stop defacing the gift, it's just plain ugly

#2 June 14th, 2004 05:35 AM

nickm78

Re: piercings etc

gtrvox wrote:

man, I must say I've had it up to here with all the piercings and the tattoos and various other mutilations. What the heck is going on? Beautiful girls, lovely, luscious young bodies deformed by nipple rings, belly button rings, labia piercings, tattoos on butts and shoulders and arms. Am I in a total minority on this? Just recently - a lovely blond girl, would be a delight to look at *except* - a ring through her lip!!! ENOUGH already...your bodies are a gift. A gift that you have chosen to share with us and for that I am grateful. Stop defacing the gift, it's just plain ugly

I could care less. Whatever bits of metal they shove through themselves, whatever parts they decide to shave or not shave, doesn't matter to me-- it's still fun to look at.

#3 June 15th, 2004 07:17 PM

alexis

in which case, wouldn't cutting ones hair, painting ones nails, piercing ones ears, wearing bras (that defy the gravity that would normally pull breasts downward!), so on and so forth be considered "mutilations"?

the site is titled ishotMYSELF.com - myself meaning each person's individuality shining through in the form of photography. (if i were to remove my piercings etc. for a shoot, i wouldn't be portraying myself as i have grown to become now would i...? and i consider my modifications to be enhancing and adorning the gift that is my body.)

remember, a labia/belly/nipple/etc piercing is simply an ear piercing in a spot other than an ear, usually with better quality jewellery too. and ear piercings are pretty darn common and 'acceptable'.  of course, there's plenty of lovely ladies on here to suit anyone's fancy... so each to their own.

(i'm certainly not looking to argue the issue - merely putting it in a different perspective!)

speaking of modifications...i have surgery tomorrow! so i'll have stitches in! it's elective surgery, so that could be a modifi..... okay, shut up alexis i hear you say! smile

blah wink have a great day all... see you once i'm back out of hospital. please don't assume i'm being nasty - i'm not!

#4 June 16th, 2004 05:50 AM

Merricat

gtrvox wrote:

A tattoo or piercing is not a "mutilation", it's a personal choice that often means a lot to a girl. Obviously it's not for you, but to insult girls who have them or imply that they are "ruined" is pretty rude, IMHO. Just accept that you won't be into that particular look and move on.

Me, I think tattoos and piercings make a girl all the more hot.

#5 June 16th, 2004 06:13 PM

nightvigil

Merricat wrote:

A tattoo or piercing is not a "mutilation", it's a personal choice that often means a lot to a girl. Obviously it's not for you, but to insult girls who have them or imply that they are "ruined" is pretty rude, IMHO. Just accept that you won't be into that particular look and move on.

Me, I think tattoos and piercings make a girl all the more hot.

Mutilations are when third world country females are forced by tradition to insert large items in their ears or remove portions of their genitalia.... As for the rest of it? Many can go too far with tats and piercings, but, that is their decision. Get used to it!

#6 June 17th, 2004 02:44 AM

aloysius

alexis wrote:

in which case, wouldn't cutting ones hair, painting ones nails, piercing ones ears, wearing bras (that defy the gravity that would normally pull breasts downward!), so on and so forth be considered "mutilations"?

the site is titled ishotMYSELF.com - myself meaning each person's individuality shining through in the form of photography. (if i were to remove my piercings etc. for a shoot, i wouldn't be portraying myself as i have grown to become now would i...? and i consider my modifications to be enhancing and adorning the gift that is my body.)

remember, a labia/belly/nipple/etc piercing is simply an ear piercing in a spot other than an ear, usually with better quality jewellery too. and ear piercings are pretty darn common and 'acceptable'.  of course, there's plenty of lovely ladies on here to suit anyone's fancy... so each to their own.

(i'm certainly not looking to argue the issue - merely putting it in a different perspective!)

speaking of modifications...i have surgery tomorrow! so i'll have stitches in! it's elective surgery, so that could be a modifi..... okay, shut up alexis i hear you say! smile

blah wink have a great day all... see you once i'm back out of hospital. please don't assume i'm being nasty - i'm not!

Well I don't know you yet but I hope your op went Ok.  Are you going to tell us what?  And are you going to contribute to ISM?

#7 June 19th, 2004 04:15 AM

djalien

gtrvox wrote:

To an extent I agree with you.  Some tatoos are fine, some piercings are fine.  But when a girl goes overboard it is a real turn off. 
Like you said bodies are a beautiful thing and no modifications are needed.  Cutting hair and painting nails are not what I would concider modifications.  But I guess that's just my opinion.
But when I see a beautiful girl I love to look at her of course....but if she has three lip peircings 20 ear piercings 2 belly button piercings, and a clit piercing I think it takes away from my enjoyment.
Tatoos don't annoy me as much except, again, when they go overboard with them.

Ahh well, I realize I am the minority in this opinion.  Just thought I'd share my two cents.

This post was not intended to spark a flame war or make anyone feel bad.

#8 June 19th, 2004 08:46 PM

WaltW

gtrvox wrote:

Beautiful girls, lovely, luscious young bodies deformed by nipple rings, belly button rings, labia piercings, tattoos on butts and shoulders and arms.

I can definitely tell you that when I look at Tayla's "gone_bush 57" that hood piercing has SO much attitude that it just takes my breath away. I do not see deformity, I see artistry -- some of its God's doing in the beauty of Tayla, and some of it Tayla's doing in taking what she has been given and embellishing it. 

And, of course, in the history of women, working with their bodies as the basis for further artistry goes back all the way to the beginning of recorded art.

Having said that, would Tayla, or any of the many other wonderful contributors to ISM, be just as lovely without their various tats and piercings?  Of course they would. 

But tastefully done (i.e., NOT self mutilation), tats and piercings can add a whole new dimension to the experience of viewing them.  (I can not speak to the experience of making love with them, never having been with a pierced or painted woman, yet.)

"Deformed"  I think that they word might be a bit too strong for 95% of the women pictured on this site.

Just my opinion.  Glad to have heard yours as well.

-- Walt

#9 June 19th, 2004 11:14 PM

gtrvox

my original post came off sounding too strong and p...d off. It was not meant to start a flame war - and to the credit of all here - it hasn't. To explain a bit further: I love the female body unadorned: a few extra pounds do not bother me, nor does the presence or absence of body hair. Naturally, I'm fine with small earrings. All other piercings and tattoots simply detract from the wondeful female form. To me it's like seeing a gorgeous painting with unsightly stains on it. To each his own, of course. Mine is obviously a minority opinion. But what strikes me is how many girls do actually have tats and piercings which leads me to believe it's just a fashion phase. And any fashion looks silly and outdated  once it passes. I - for one - am hoping this fad passes fast.
This post is not meant to offend and despite everything I enjoy all ISM models tremendously - thank you for your contributions

#10 June 20th, 2004 06:19 AM

Tinker

gtrvox wrote:

I accept that everyone has the right to their own opinion but homo sapiens has been "defacing" itself for a very long time! Clothes, facial shaving, hair colouring, makeup, sun tanning, head shaving, body shaving, alcohol, tobacco et al. Your own body is about as personal as you can get and it is the choice of the individual as to how they "decorate" it. The beauty of a person is made up of more than physical looks and I, for one, do not judge by eye alone. The adornments, although some of them are not my idea of an improvement, are an expression of preference, just as your statement is an expression of your individual preference.

#11 June 20th, 2004 05:12 PM

alexis

Wow... I leave for a weekend and look at the amount of posts!! heh.  It's refreshing to see that regardless of personal opinion on the topic, that so many people can offer valuable perspectives on an issue without getting grumpy smile mwah all!

aloysius - op went very well thank you, just had my stitches out today.. and yes, I have contributed to ISM, I'm in that dark void (model quarantine?) somewhere prior to being posted online wink

#12 June 20th, 2004 06:06 PM

terryb45

Just thought I would add my two pennyworth! I too am not the greatest fan of the more elaborate piercings and sometimes I just have to ask Why? People can do what they like with their bodies and it is no business of mine. I find that I am becoming less against them as familiarity brings acceptance. For example I used to think that nipple, belly and labial piercings were awful but now find them attractive but I am not sure that I will ever be comfortable with tongue and lip piercings and as for septum and penis piercings. . . well they just bring tears to my eyes at the thought. It is just a phase and they can easily be removed but unfortunately the same can't be said of tattoos.

#13 June 29th, 2004 12:02 PM

catrina

My penny's worth is:Other body art has nothing to do with you and doesn't hurt you in any way so what's your issue? WHo knows why any does anything but i find your attitude far more unnattractive than you could ever find body art to be.
That was my annoyed rant bit. Now let me say ofcourse they're not for everybody or else everyone would have them! SO tralala let us all be happy and free and just let others do with their body as they will. And remember, I wouldn't tell someone they were unattractive to me because they DIDN'T have body mods, because that's RUDE!

#14 June 30th, 2004 04:03 PM

terryb45

catrina wrote:

My penny's worth is:Other body art has nothing to do with you and doesn't hurt you in any way so what's your issue? WHo knows why any does anything but i find your attitude far more unnattractive than you could ever find body art to be.
That was my annoyed rant bit. Now let me say ofcourse they're not for everybody or else everyone would have them! SO tralala let us all be happy and free and just let others do with their body as they will. And remember, I wouldn't tell someone they were unattractive to me because they DIDN'T have body mods, because that's RUDE!

Another ha'penny worth! Calm down Catrina, if you read what I wrote again you will see that it is more against my own prejudices than against body art. It is also not unreasonable to ask 'why' about something that you don't understand. Having suffered a lot of ill health in my life and had a lot of surgery it is hard to understand why people chose to inflict pain on themselves. Peace xxx

#15 July 1st, 2004 06:30 AM

Merricat

terryb45 wrote:

Another ha'penny worth! Calm down Catrina, if you read what I wrote again you will see that it is more against my own prejudices than against body art. It is also not unreasonable to ask 'why' about something that you don't understand. Having suffered a lot of ill health in my life and had a lot of surgery it is hard to understand why people chose to inflict pain on themselves. Peace xxx

It's not really painful though. None of my tattoos have hurt, and I had a bridge piercing for a while that didn't really hurt much at all. So, no pain inflicted on myself smile Just pretty artwork.

#16 July 1st, 2004 12:58 PM

catrina

Lol yeah i get feisty!

#17 July 2nd, 2004 12:29 AM

malice

terryb45 wrote:

It is also not unreasonable to ask 'why' about something that you don't understand. Having suffered a lot of ill health in my life and had a lot of surgery it is hard to understand why people chose to inflict pain on themselves. Peace xxx

I have several ear rings, a nose ring and a tattoo. The pain for all of them was fleeting, and the rush of endorphins that followed were more than enough to make up for momentary fleeting pain. I've also had ill health and surgery, and so I put forth this way of looking at it to you;

For a lot of people (everyone I know anyway) has gotten past the brief pain factor and chosen to get their modification for the end result, not the pain of the modification process itself.

And for Everyone I know who has had surgery, they have gotten past the pain and risk factor and chosen to go through surgery for the end result, not the pain of the surgery procedure itself.

Somethnig to think abuot, perhaps big_smile

#18 July 2nd, 2004 07:12 PM

spykke

The original poster is missing the point. Who are we to criticise the choices made by those who produce folios? Having a tattoo or piercing is a personal choice and what others think of that choice is irrelevant.

#19 July 3rd, 2004 12:26 AM

gtrvox

spykke wrote:

The original poster is missing the point. Who are we to criticise the choices made by those who produce folios? Having a tattoo or piercing is a personal choice and what others think of that choice is irrelevant.

agreed: it's irrelevant to the same degree that movie reviews are irrelevant and expressing a point of view is irrelevant. It is not meant to change the mind of those who choose to induldge their "personal choice"  It is simply an expression of my opinion, no more and no less important than the expression of your opinion (above). Therefore, it cannot "miss the point" anymore than saying I like a certain soccer club or dislike a certain movie is "missing the point". Though I did admit in a subsequent post that my original comment was unnecessarily harsh!!

#20 July 4th, 2004 05:48 PM

terryb45

malice wrote:

I have several ear rings, a nose ring and a tattoo. The pain for all of them was fleeting, and the rush of endorphins that followed were more than enough to make up for momentary fleeting pain. I've also had ill health and surgery, and so I put forth this way of looking at it to you;

For a lot of people (everyone I know anyway) has gotten past the brief pain factor and chosen to get their modification for the end result, not the pain of the modification process itself.

And for Everyone I know who has had surgery, they have gotten past the pain and risk factor and chosen to go through surgery for the end result, not the pain of the surgery procedure itself.

Somethnig to think abuot, perhaps big_smile

Thank you for that. Unfortunately sometimes the pain or discomfort endures after some surgery (and I am not talking about cosmetic sugery obviously). I think it is probably rare if people modify their bodies purely for their own satisfaction and I am sure that most would be very disappointed if they produced no reaction in others. Think how disappointed the Punks would have been if everyone had said "Oh yes very nice, I like that" Do you agree?

#21 July 5th, 2004 11:38 PM

perkie

gtrvox wrote:

man, I must say I've had it up to here with all the piercings and the tattoos and various other mutilations. What the heck is going on? Beautiful girls, lovely, luscious young bodies deformed by nipple rings, belly button rings, labia piercings, tattoos on butts and shoulders and arms. Am I in a total minority on this?

Stop defacing the gift, it's just plain ugly

I certainly hope you're not a minority. I for one, completely agree with you gtrvox. Although it is ofcource everybodies free choice, but its also my free choice to not like all this so-called body art. Same is true for pubis shaving. Why this urge to look like a baby? I rather see the full growth of a mature woman, than cuts and abrasions, and ingrown stubbles.....

Another on the "hardware girls"... ever wonder what it will look like when getting older? Same for tats. A pair of roses will look rather sad on a 70 year old belly i gues......

For all the natural girls.... stay beautiful!

#22 July 6th, 2004 10:00 AM

alexis

and the moral of this story/thread is:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.   smile

peace, love & mung beans baby!

-a

#23 July 17th, 2004 02:34 PM

malice

terryb45 wrote:

Thank you for that. Unfortunately sometimes the pain or discomfort endures after some surgery (and I am not talking about cosmetic sugery obviously). I think it is probably rare if people modify their bodies purely for their own satisfaction and I am sure that most would be very disappointed if they produced no reaction in others. Think how disappointed the Punks would have been if everyone had said "Oh yes very nice, I like that" Do you agree?

I can assure you that everyone of my piercings and my tattoo are there puerly for my own satisfaction. And I would argue that a lot of people are the same. Of course there are going to be people who get a piercing because its trendy or whatnot, but for me and many others I know its just such a personal thing- that what other people think doesnt enter into it at all. *shrug*

#24 July 19th, 2004 08:27 AM

terryb45

malice wrote:

I can assure you that everyone of my piercings and my tattoo are there puerly for my own satisfaction. And I would argue that a lot of people are the same. Of course there are going to be people who get a piercing because its trendy or whatnot, but for me and many others I know its just such a personal thing- that what other people think doesnt enter into it at all. *shrug*

Thanks Malice and everyone who argued their case so reasonably. I am enlightened. (But I won't be sticking anything through my bits <laughter>) terry

#25 August 2nd, 2004 03:28 AM

noodleArt

terryb45 wrote:

Thanks Malice and everyone who argued their case so reasonably. I am enlightened. (But I won't be sticking anything through my bits <laughter>) terry

Personally I can't see the point of questioning someones' right to body mofify with such personal augmentations as tatts and piercings when so many of the nudes we see these days have a kilo or more of silicon sewn into them.  The kind of body mod I've seen on this site makes perfect sense to me as an element of personal expression.  Seeing it as ugly is just not accepting the person behind the body.

Board footer