#1 June 28th, 2004 11:56 AM

alexis

g'day alexis here! :)

well howdy doody doo... how is everyone?

i'm pleased to say that my folio is now on ISM, so those who were previously wondering when i'd appear, go on and take a peek. smile  for those whom i haven't spoken to as yet, sit back, relax and enjoy smile

i hope you're not all freezing like i am.. CRIKEY it's cold here!  i'm busy busy busy today as i've just moved home, got myself a schmicko 3 bedroom house in the country, about 5 minute's drive from the beach.  yay!  now to get that broadband connection running so i can get up to mischief...  i'm quite innocent really.  i promise.  (yeah, the 'X' rating on my folio really backs that up now doesn't it??)

i'd love to hear if anyone has suggestions for my future folios.. i'm a creature of habit, so no doubt i'll be back wink

mwah and see you 'round smile

#2 June 28th, 2004 10:53 PM

eagler

Re: g'day alexis here! :)

alexis wrote:

i'm pleased to say that my folio is now on ISM, so those who were previously wondering when i'd appear, go on and take a peek. smile  for those whom i haven't spoken to as yet, sit back, relax and enjoy smile

i hope you're not all freezing like i am.. CRIKEY it's cold here!  i'm busy busy busy today as i've just moved home, got myself a schmicko 3 bedroom house in the country, about 5 minute's drive from the beach.  yay!  now to get that broadband connection running so i can get up to mischief...  i'm quite innocent really.  i promise.  (yeah, the 'X' rating on my folio really backs that up now doesn't it??)

i'd love to hear if anyone has suggestions for my future folios.. i'm a creature of habit, so no doubt i'll be back wink

Hi there Alexis!

I would just like to say that I love your piercing!  It is the first time I have seen one in that position, and I am in love with it!  I think it looks great!

Great folio, can't wait to see more of you and that little silver barbell!

#3 June 30th, 2004 01:52 AM

trickywicked

Hello there...

I can only add what i am sure has been a pretty lengthy bunch of ulogies abuot your contribution since you started.. you haveone of the wickedest kick arse attitudes of all time my girl.. fabulous post, top bird, brill girl.. all those and so much more.. so I've been drinking, it all adds to the fun!

alexis wrote:

#4 July 4th, 2004 08:43 PM

alexis

trickywicked wrote:

so I've been drinking, it all adds to the fun!

nothing wrong with the occasional drinkies wink

by the way, that little silver barbell fell out a few days later... one of the beads came off... so no metal in the downstairs dept. for now.  i actually used to have a triangle piercing, which is like a clitoris piercing, but it actually goes *behind* the clit.... i jumped about 6 feet off the table when they pierced that one, i swear!  ...unfortunately it was removed recently for medical reasons, and i'm too scared to go through the procedure again.

but i'm sure you wanted to know that wink

how is everyone?

#5 July 4th, 2004 09:07 PM

Belgareth

alexis wrote:

nothing wrong with the occasional drinkies wink

by the way, that little silver barbell fell out a few days later... one of the beads came off... so no metal in the downstairs dept. for now.  i actually used to have a triangle piercing, which is like a clitoris piercing, but it actually goes *behind* the clit.... i jumped about 6 feet off the table when they pierced that one, i swear!  ...unfortunately it was removed recently for medical reasons, and i'm too scared to go through the procedure again.

but i'm sure you wanted to know that wink

how is everyone?

Shame about the barbell Alexis, perhaps a tighter screw next time may keep it in place. I do know where you're coming from with the "triangle" piercing, I had the misfortune of being the recipient of a vasectomy where the surgeon forgot to administer the local anaesthetic before he started on me. I think I broke the Olympic high jump record!!

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#6 July 5th, 2004 04:23 AM

1cheratu5

alexis wrote:

how is everyone?

Honestly?

Still squirming after reading about the triangle piercing! I'm a guy: I shouldn't be able to appreciate the pain getting that done caused, but still, ouch!

BTW, if you're looking for ideas for new folios, I'd love to see a video of you talking about your piercings - why you decided on that particular one, rather than another type, when you got them done, how they feel etc... It'd also be interesting to hear your views on the piercing scene in general - I love your piercings (shame the barbell's gone), but do struggle with the BM thing sometimes - certainly some of the people on bmezine.net looked more like jewelery display racks...

Looking forward to more pics of you soon!

#7 July 5th, 2004 11:16 AM

alexis

1cheratu5 wrote:

BTW, if you're looking for ideas for new folios, I'd love to see a video of you talking about your piercings - why you decided on that particular one, rather than another type, when you got them done, how they feel etc... It'd also be interesting to hear your views on the piercing scene in general - I love your piercings (shame the barbell's gone), but do struggle with the BM thing sometimes - certainly some of the people on bmezine.net looked more like jewelery display racks...

Looking forward to more pics of you soon!

Cheers for the idea, that's a pretty good one actually.  I just wish I had more of them left, lol!

I'd be interested to hear from some of the other ISM girls as to why they chose the modifications that they did - for me it's purely an aesthetic thing, but others do it for the sensation, cultural reasons etc.  I'm sure there are as many reasons as there are fingerprints smile

On the topic of BMEzine, you may have noticed that one of my hip tattoos is a little tribal-alien-type-thing -- that's actually one of BME's logos (hi-res image available  here).  A little something to get the mind pondering!

Anyhow, one must get off one's beanbag, brush off one's suit and head into town to collect one's bolts & screws to put one's computer desk together (put simply, while moving house I grabbed my dissassembled computer desk and conveniently forgot to grab the bits to put it back together!).  Ciao for now!

#8 July 7th, 2004 06:44 AM

russell

alexis wrote:

hiya alexis,
first off thanks for such a great folio, just re-signed up with ISM after a break and it's your type of folio that brought me back. Lovely photography, great fun and one very beautiful woman! (Also I think that's the most innovative use of a clip coat-hanger I've ever seen ;0)
In terms of ideas for a possible future folio, I'll leave the ideas to you,  I just wanted to say I especially loved those shots where you had a strong single light source, like the brilliant #58, and #34!
Hope you do choose to do another set & thanks again for this one, cheers!
PS - #98 is a gem ;0)

#9 July 14th, 2004 05:19 AM

1cheratu5

All gone a bit quiet round here, hasn't it?

So I've been pondering the tattoo thing, and it's official. I'm thick. Can't figure the link you're trying to make, so go on, put me out of my misery, puhleese ;-)

BTW, since everyone seemed to like your use of the clothes hanger, here's an idea for a 26 shot folio (52 if you're feeling like showing off) - "Alexis' A to Z of novel uses for household objects on a beautiful body"...

#10 July 14th, 2004 11:45 AM

Kitsune

Hmm... let's try this again (accidentally created new thread before).

Hey Alexis, just dropped in to say 'Hi!'.  Hope your house moving went well. 

I suppose this is a question for everyone who's got a body mod... how do you decide 'this is it, I'm gonna get that pierced/tattooed?'  I *imagine* that piercing are alittle easier, they leave a scar but it's not like you have to have 'em for life.  Been contemplating a tatt for years now, but not committed yet.

#11 July 14th, 2004 12:40 PM

alexis

Kitsune wrote:

Hey Alexis, just dropped in to say 'Hi!'.  Hope your house moving went well. 

I suppose this is a question for everyone who's got a body mod... how do you decide 'this is it, I'm gonna get that pierced/tattooed?'  I *imagine* that piercing are alittle easier, they leave a scar but it's not like you have to have 'em for life.  Been contemplating a tatt for years now, but not committed yet.

Hi Kitsune! Lovely to 'see' you.  I've actually been hiding in a big dark hole for a few weeks, having some communication problems (phone company hiccups and a mobile phone that isn't receiving calls for some reason).  Phone appears to be fixed now, thankfully.  I had at least a dozen voice messages!  and as for email... don't go there.

with my tattoos, they all had significant thought and meanings behind them.  this isn't the same for everyone, sometimes people see a great design in a window... that's purely their decision.  mine came about this way:

fire tattoo: a culmination of a few things, the most significant being my time as a firefighter.  it stands for the indescribable emotions i've felt over those years.  it is also in recognition of my love of japanese culture.

BME tattoo: standing for my passion and involvement with body modification practices and theory.  it is also a site-cum-community that has spawned many, many lasting friendships.  (the body modification community is basically one big, protective family.  quite amazing really.)

'A' hand tattoo: bet you couldn't see that one in my folio!  it's in white ink on my ring finger, and barely visible.  stands for my love for a special someone.  (let's not forget that 'A' can also stand for Alexis. hmmm.....)

oh, and 1cheratu5 -- thanks for the brilliant idea.  humour is one of my favourite attributes, and the ability to incorporate it into a folio.... yum! hehe.  stay safe, everyone.  MWAH!

#12 July 14th, 2004 12:57 PM

alexis

alexis wrote:

oh, and 1cheratu5 -- thanks for the brilliant idea.  humour is one of my favourite attributes, and the ability to incorporate it into a folio.... yum! hehe.  stay safe, everyone.  MWAH!

having said that, i just had the craziest thought of myself with a saucepan on my head, or something to that effect.  maybe i could add a bit of war paint as well. LOL!

#13 July 17th, 2004 05:15 AM

1cheratu5

alexis wrote:

having said that, i just had the craziest thought of myself with a saucepan on my head, or something to that effect.  maybe i could add a bit of war paint as well. LOL!

Hmmm, not necessarily what I had in mind, but then who am I to question your artistic integrity? :-P

<surprise>I had no idea you could get white tattoos!!</surprise> There's some really cool designs on bmezine.com - any chance you could post a pic to this forum of yours?

#14 July 17th, 2004 02:36 PM

malice

Kitsune wrote:

Hi Kitsune, you are right, I find piercings to be a little easier aswell, because I can always just take it out if I don't like it, removing a tatt is a wee bit more complex.
My tatt... well- I thought about it for about 6 months, spent a further couple designing it, and then carried the design in my wallet for about a year before I actually had it inked onto my body. And I'll do the same for every other tatt I get.
Its obviously not something I enter into lightly. wink

#15 July 18th, 2004 09:32 AM

alexis

I'm not sure if this will work -- by memory, Head has disabled attachments (probably a good idea!!)... but here we go.

If the photo uploads correctly, its of my hand tattoo about an hour after it was done.

Board footer