#1 August 23rd, 2005 09:14 AM

jayhammer

Question for head?

There was a new folio today "Nature Kisses" that was what you call an overload, I think I remember somewhere reading where overloads not quite good enough for a main folio? Is that correct? and if it is how in the world would Nature Kisses not qualify for a regular folio!!. Beautiful set, it's artistic, has the obligatory mirrors, natural hairy bush, and big natural titties!!  all the qualities that makes for a good set right? , or is there other criteria that I am not aware of? Thanks for any response P. S. Is shannon on the staff too? she seems to know a lot about peoples folios?

#2 August 23rd, 2005 10:16 AM

shannon
Administrator

Re: Question for head?

jayhammer wrote:

There was a new folio today "Nature Kisses" that was what you call an overload, I think I remember somewhere reading where overloads not quite good enough for a main folio? Is that correct? and if it is how in the world would Nature Kisses not qualify for a regular folio!!. Beautiful set, it's artistic, has the obligatory mirrors, natural hairy bush, and big natural titties!!  all the qualities that makes for a good set right? , or is there other criteria that I am not aware of? Thanks for any response P. S. Is shannon on the staff too? she seems to know a lot about peoples folios?

yep.  I'm running the show now.  see:  <a href="http://ishotmyself.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440"><b>Bow to your sensei! </b></a> for the details

I wouldn't say overloads are folios that are not 'good enough' to be primary folios, some of the overloads we post have some excellent images in them - Nature Kisses being a fine example.  The editors pic this week is from an overload.  There are losts of reasons a set might not be put up as a primary - poor exposure, camera problems, or there simply weren't enough useable images.  This was the case with muse, who's set was a bit thin, but really good.

#3 August 24th, 2005 12:55 AM

wantingscott

shannon,
we would all like to bow to the TALENTS of our sensei... why don't you post/promote your photography site as a link on the main page anymore. it's a great site, one of my bookmarks.

scott

#4 August 24th, 2005 09:06 AM

jayhammer

Thanks for your quick response Shannon. One of the reasons I like the forum and this web site is the way many of the artists interact with us in the forum, and it is also good to hear explanations of what happens here when we have questions.  thanks again.

#5 August 24th, 2005 05:27 PM

shannon
Administrator

wantingscott wrote:

shannon,
we would all like to bow to the TALENTS of our sensei... why don't you post/promote your photography site as a link on the main page anymore. it's a great site, one of my bookmarks.

scott

aw shucks thanks scott.  I haven't really been updating it much so i deem it unworthy of shameless promotion right now.  I'm working on a related one of my pin up work, so i'll be sure to keep you informed of its status.

jayhammer wrote:

Thanks for your quick response Shannon. One of the reasons I like the forum and this web site is the way many of the artists interact with us in the forum, and it is also good to hear explanations of what happens here when we have questions. thanks again.

No problem.  I'll attempt to field any ISM related inquiry with ninja-like speed and accuracy.

#6 August 25th, 2005 02:20 AM

wantingscott

shannon wrote:

I'm working on a related one of my pin up work, so i'll be sure to keep you informed of its status.

self portraiture? from the ISM sensei, maybe? we won't just bow, we will lie down before you...

#7 August 26th, 2005 03:09 PM

shannon
Administrator

wantingscott wrote:

self portraiture? from the ISM sensei, maybe? we won't just bow, we will lie down before you...

Well we can't have that.  I would much prefer you upright and chained to your mouse slash keyboard poring over ISM.   

Also, im fairly useless in front of a camera unless i am faking my own death.

#8 August 26th, 2005 10:53 PM

wantingscott

Shannon,

yes. bondage. of course.

and faking your own death? could bring "ishotmyself" to a whole new level...

yikes.

Scott

Board footer