music + sex

What's the best music to have sex to?

My picks...

My Bloody Valentine
Mazzy Star
Slowdive
Pavement
Bjourk

Eric Erlandson said the best song to have sex to was Spirtualized "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space"

So list your favourite songs/artists to make lurrrrrve to and I'll make a sex mix tape. Mind you though you won't get to hear it, it's for my own selfish benefit only!

#2 February 1st, 2005 03:25 PM

thylacine

Re: music + sex

theda wrote:

Anything, just as long as it's not Ravel's 'Bolero'!

#3 February 1st, 2005 03:54 PM

anouchka

thylacine wrote:

Anything, just as long as it's not Ravel's 'Bolero'!

hehehe

My picks are:

Dresden Dolls
Love of Diagrams
Velvet Underground
Interpol
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

#4 February 2nd, 2005 03:09 AM

liz

anouchka wrote:

hehehe

My picks are:

Dresden Dolls
Love of Diagrams
Velvet Underground
Interpol
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Mmmm...Dresden Dolls...excellent choice...

I like some of the sort of cliche' ones - like Barry White, Marvin Gaye, or Sinatra
but, also fab are:

Tracy Chapman (esp. Baby Can I Hold You - sigh)
Tom Waits
Rufus Wainwright
Psychedelic Furs
Prince
the soundtrack to Rent
Bob Dylan
Hedwig and the Angry Inch

and Tom Jones has this song called "Sex Bomb" that is laughable to some, but I LOOOVE it...  smile

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#5 February 2nd, 2005 04:16 AM

sweston

[QUOTE=theda]What's the best music to have sex to?

Joshua Tree by U2. 

Starts off with three good make out and oral sex songs, then boom, right into Bullet in the blue sky.  From there you are off to the races.  Then finish off with Exit and Mothers of the disapeared.  Mellow cool down songs.

Fantastic.

#6 February 2nd, 2005 05:27 AM

wantingscott

i'd nominate The Junior Boys, for electronica fans. the album: "Electronica for the Bedroom"

second, i'd say Diana Krall, for when your soaking in a tub of bubbles with your luvvie on a Saturday morning...

#7 February 2nd, 2005 07:33 AM

capiango

theda wrote:

So many!
Old Old Old School like Classical; Beethoven, Mozart, Debussy, Samuel Barber (Adagio for Strings is awesome!)
Old Old school like Motown era stuff for sure.
Old School like Pink Floyd, Zepp, Eagles, Doors, Sade wink
Modern; Radiohead, Muse, U2.
I like to make mix CDs as well or just make an MP3 playlist for those long nights, hehe. I havent had a reason to make on for a while though. sad

#8 February 2nd, 2005 09:35 AM

theda

liz wrote:

Mmmm...Dresden Dolls...excellent choice...

I like some of the sort of cliche' ones - like Barry White, Marvin Gaye, or Sinatra
but, also fab are:

Tracy Chapman (esp. Baby Can I Hold You - sigh)
Tom Waits
Rufus Wainwright
Psychedelic Furs
Prince
the soundtrack to Rent
Bob Dylan
Hedwig and the Angry Inch

and Tom Jones has this song called "Sex Bomb" that is laughable to some, but I LOOOVE it...  smile

Good choice with the Furs...isn't sheee pretty in pink?

#9 February 2nd, 2005 10:01 AM

ruby

recently i have been listening to lots of early gospel music- and altho it can be claimed to be highly sacrilegious I think it is great to get jitty to!

The rising voices, which are so convinced of the glory of god etc just gets me going………….

Don’t mention it to grandma, as a good Methodist she would be mortified!

#10 February 4th, 2005 06:40 AM

bxminorthreatr

i dont like music drugin sex but if  the other person insists id probally play

blood for blood- bitch called hope
slapshot- 16 valve hate
misfits- die die my darling

#11 February 4th, 2005 10:47 AM

jimmioz

theda wrote:

My picks...

My Bloody Valentine
Mazzy Star
Slowdive
Pavement
Bjourk

Eric Erlandson said the best song to have sex to was Spirtualized "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space"

So list your favourite songs/artists to make lurrrrrve to and I'll make a sex mix tape. Mind you though you won't get to hear it, it's for my own selfish benefit only!

theda - i don't often 'bonk' to music but i have some suggestions...

- devo
- massive attack
- jeff buckley
- isaac hayes - hot buttered soul - 3 of the 4 songs go for approx 9, 12 and 18 minutes respectively which can help sustain a decent rhythm when having some fun in the sack.

#12 February 4th, 2005 01:13 PM

theda

jimmioz wrote:

theda - i don't often 'bonk' to music but i have some suggestions...

- devo
- massive attack
- jeff buckley
- isaac hayes - hot buttered soul - 3 of the 4 songs go for approx 9, 12 and 18 minutes respectively which can help sustain a decent rhythm when having some fun in the sack.

you dont have sex with music on? even accidently? i guess i listen to music for 95 percent of my day so its ineveitable. can't recall if I put sonic youth on my list but sonic youth is fantastic to have sex to, especially daydream nation.
i do love devo but i can't imagine taking sex 'seriously' listening to devo...
"I can't get no satisfaction". What a brilliant cover.

#13 February 4th, 2005 03:59 PM

jimmioz

theda wrote:

you dont have sex with music on? even accidently? i guess i listen to music for 95 percent of my day so its ineveitable. can't recall if I put sonic youth on my list but sonic youth is fantastic to have sex to, especially daydream nation.
i do love devo but i can't imagine taking sex 'seriously' listening to devo...
"I can't get no satisfaction". What a brilliant cover.

i do have sex while listening to music but it might only be a few times a month. don't know why that is as i don't mind music playing. i've had sex while listening to all those on my list except devo but threw it in there for novelty value. daydream nation is a great album - the only sonic youth album i have actually. listening to it again now and i'll have to try it out next time...

#14 February 4th, 2005 04:15 PM

theda

jimmioz wrote:

i do have sex while listening to music but it might only be a few times a month. don't know why that is as i don't mind music playing. i've had sex while listening to all those on my list except devo but threw it in there for novelty value. daydream nation is a great album - the only sonic youth album i have actually. listening to it again now and i'll have to try it out next time...

if thats the only album you have you should get Goo, its my favourite SYouth album. It's fantastic, every track is great.

#15 February 4th, 2005 04:53 PM

jimmioz

theda wrote:

if thats the only album you have you should get Goo, its my favourite SYouth album. It's fantastic, every track is great.

thanks for the tip! that's the album with the track kool thing? i've borrowed it  from a mate a few times but should get off my arse and get it myself. cheers!

#16 February 4th, 2005 05:01 PM

theda

jimmioz wrote:

thanks for the tip! that's the album with the track kool thing? i've borrowed it  from a mate a few times but should get off my arse and get it myself. cheers!

yep Kool Thing and Dirty Boots and My Friend Goo. They released a video which has just been re-released on dvd along with a bunch of other great stuff, of film clips for every single song. They gave a bunch of filmmakers 500 each to make them videos for each song. Todd Haines (Poison) did a track but it was so bad it had to be re-edited by another director. Todd wasn't happy. But I don't like his films so..meh. The clip for Titanium Expose is fantastic, it ends with a group of people impersonating Sonic Youth and Kim and Thurston making out on their bed.

#17 February 4th, 2005 06:10 PM

jimmioz

another you can try is the french group - Les Sans Culottes. perhaps in the devo category as listening could induce laughter. favourite song is ecole de merde (school of shit)

#18 February 4th, 2005 06:48 PM

Gimme_Danger

jimmioz wrote:

another you can try is the french group - Les Sans Culottes. perhaps in the devo category as listening could induce laughter. favourite song is ecole de merde (school of shit)

If we are talking French try Noir Désir....a damned good band till Bertrand cantat decided to murder his actress girlfriend and spoil it. 'Les Figures Des Visages' is a good place to start

#19 February 9th, 2005 10:01 AM

GusTheMynahBird

theda wrote:

My picks...

My Bloody Valentine
Mazzy Star
Slowdive
Pavement
Bjourk

Yes, Slowdive would be brilliant, for slow, languid lovemaking with someone you really connect with; and/or the moments of spent bliss afterward.

A while ago, I discovered that Stereolab's Emperor Tomato Ketchup  makes good boudoir music.

#20 February 9th, 2005 10:10 AM

GusTheMynahBird

The Paradise Motel's version of The Triffids' Raining Pleasure would have to be in the list. It goes for about 10 minutes and builds from a slow smoulder to an intense climax. The lyrics ("salty lips to taste, skin to touch / nothing matters very much / in your arms it's raining pleasure") are overtly erotic too. That song is pure, intense, primal sex.

They only did it live, though they did perform it on a JJJ Live At The Wireless once. I once had a copy taped off the radio (I probably still do, somewhere.)

#21 February 9th, 2005 07:41 PM

Head

GusTheMynahBird wrote:

The Paradise Motel's version of The Triffids' Raining Pleasure would have to be in the list. It goes for about 10 minutes and builds from a slow smoulder to an intense climax. The lyrics ("salty lips to taste, skin to touch / nothing matters very much / in your arms it's raining pleasure") are overtly erotic too. That song is pure, intense, primal sex.

They only did it live, though they did perform it on a JJJ Live At The Wireless once. I once had a copy taped off the radio (I probably still do, somewhere.)

The best debut CD by a band, ever, and the best Australian band in their genre, ever.  That's what I say! I have a poster signed by Merida in the ISM office in fact, from her side project Seaville, which was almost as good in a different way (but only had one release and played 4 gigs).  I'm pretty sure "raining pleasure" is on one of the PM's EP's, I'll check.  But for me, "watch aluminum" or "german girl" are hard to beat.

#22 February 10th, 2005 10:28 AM

GusTheMynahBird

Head wrote:

The best debut CD by a band, ever, and the best Australian band in their genre, ever.  That's what I say! I have a poster signed by Merida in the ISM office in fact, from her side project Seaville, which was almost as good in a different way (but only had one release and played 4 gigs).  I'm pretty sure "raining pleasure" is on one of the PM's EP's, I'll check.  But for me, "watch aluminum" or "german girl" are hard to beat.

The only Australian band in the genre, weren't they?

Some Deaths Take Forever (my favourite of their EPs) has a track titled "Raining Pleasure (1)", but it's a remix with most of the vocals cut away, the remainder distorted beyond recognition, and the intense climax replaced by a steady distorted drum loop. It's not a patch on the legendary live version.

(No poster signed by Merida in my digs, but I do have an autographed copy of Please Keep Me Safe.)

#23 February 10th, 2005 11:58 AM

liandra_dahl

GusTheMynahBird wrote:

The only Australian band in the genre, weren't they?

Some Deaths Take Forever (my favourite of their EPs) has a track titled "Raining Pleasure (1)", but it's a remix with most of the vocals cut away, the remainder distorted beyond recognition, and the intense climax replaced by a steady distorted drum loop. It's not a patch on the legendary live version.

(No poster signed by Merida in my digs, but I do have an autographed copy of Please Keep Me Safe.)

Well I hardly know half the bands your mentioning but I am resolved to discover them. Depending on the mood and the partner and the location choice of music can vary but I don't know if it was the music or the columbian man between my legs but I had the best sex ever to the Dummy albumn by Portis Head.

#24 February 11th, 2005 10:07 AM

meristim

liandra_dahl wrote:

Well I hardly know half the bands your mentioning but I am resolved to discover them. Depending on the mood and the partner and the location choice of music can vary but I don't know if it was the music or the columbian man between my legs but I had the best sex ever to the Dummy albumn by Portis Head.

...widespread panic...

#25 March 1st, 2005 06:36 AM

jdvorak

sweston wrote:

[QUOTE=theda]What's the best music to have sex to?

Joshua Tree by U2. 

Starts off with three good make out and oral sex songs, then boom, right into Bullet in the blue sky.  From there you are off to the races.  Then finish off with Exit and Mothers of the disapeared.  Mellow cool down songs.

Fantastic.

hear hear.  a perfect choice for the "love of your life" tumble.

as for general sensuality here are my picks:
nina simone
miles davis,
bjork (oh yea!)
sigur ros
and orbital's epic song, "one perfect sunrise"

Board footer