#26 August 27th, 2005 02:39 AM

SCSIgirl

Re: Consi's Video

liandra_dahl wrote:

I thought geek was a term for fanatical people, or grossly over intelligent people, or anyone that was ostracised at high school for being eccentric. I didn't think it had anything to do with body size.

The '50s song "Pencil-Neck Geek", by Fred Blassie and the Charles Atlas ads of the day both describe geeks as skinny.  The suped brights were reffered to as Nerds.  But since English is probably the most dynamic of languages,  we all get different definitions from different cultures and even local regions. 

A new twist of words creeping into my daughter's vocabulary is "evil".  "He's really evil"  meaning he's pretty cool.  (Gawd,  I have no idea what she is talking about sometimes!!!  But i think that's the intent.)   Just as:  How did US Americans get to be known as septics?

Yankee  -  yank  -  tank  -  septic!  Sure it all makes sense now!!

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#27 August 27th, 2005 02:47 AM

SCSIgirl

wantingscott wrote:

i think geek started out as a freak-show term for people who bit the heads off live animals.  hows that for an idea for Jing's next vid, SCSI? still swimming?

Oh,  you had to bring that up, didn't you?  I just did the Ozzy concert last weekend.  I think his head biting days are over...  we practically had to prop him up with a 2x4 on stage.

Jing's too sweet and loves her animals too much to do any head biting.  So I guess I'll have to do the orals.....  on her!!!!  Besides,  we got that camping thing to play out....  ;-}

Still swimming,  and the water's getting colder.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#28 August 27th, 2005 02:52 AM

SCSIgirl

Manring wrote:

Geek is originally, according to most etymologists, the word first coined to describe those who, in carnival side-show tents, would chomp the head off live chickens or snakes for a paying crowd.

My dictionary agrees with you.  My, how words drift. 

I was just thinking  (sorry it happens when I'm not paying attention)  that one corrupted word that has stood the test of time and barriers and languages is "cool".

#29 August 27th, 2005 03:44 AM

wantingscott

SCSIgirl wrote:

Just as:  How did US Americans get to be known as septics?

Yankee  -  yank  -  tank  -  septic!  Sure it all makes sense now!!

yeah, Guy Richie's film "Lock Stock" DVD came with a funny cockney rhyme dictionary.

#30 August 27th, 2005 03:48 AM

wantingscott

Manring wrote:

Geek is originally, according to most etymologists, the word first coined to describe those who, in carnival side-show tents, would chomp the head off live chickens or snakes for a paying crowd.

very different, then, from US Special Forces SEALS. aka "snake eaters". i'd give $100 to see someone call one of 'em a geek, even in a Aussie bar.

BTW- is it true that if you turn your beer mug over in an Aussie bar, it means you think you're the toughest man there?

#31 August 27th, 2005 08:56 AM

zille

liandra_dahl wrote:

That wasn't low enough Zille, the deeper the bow the more respect, I want you kissing the floor boards!

[bows until she is touching her toes, decides that's not good enough, kneels before The Great Liandra and kowtows, decides that's not good enough and prostrates herself on the floor and bangs her forehead repeatedly.  All this while naked.]

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#32 August 27th, 2005 05:39 PM

Gimme_Danger

zille wrote:

[bows until she is touching her toes, decides that's not good enough, kneels before The Great Liandra and kowtows, decides that's not good enough and prostrates herself on the floor and bangs her forehead repeatedly.  All this while naked.]

** Gimme_Danger gently pulls the splinters from Zilles lips **

Oh my Zille, you've got splinters all over you!! Shall I get those out too?
--

My sub has expired and there is a Soraya video coming up and a Leteitia reload....aargh!!

#33 August 28th, 2005 12:36 AM

SCSIgirl

zille wrote:

(Genuflecting, bowed head, fiddling w/rosary):  "Dear Lord, pleae let me come back in the next life as a floorboard in ANY ISM girl's house.  And if you could place me a few feet in front of the TV,  where she would spend hours of nude contact,  I would try to be worthy of her."

#34 August 28th, 2005 02:04 AM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

(Genuflecting, bowed head, fiddling w/rosary):  "Dear Lord, pleae let me come back in the next life as a floorboard in ANY ISM girl's house.  And if you could place me a few feet in front of the TV,  where she would spend hours of nude contact,  I would try to be worthy of her."

Now I know what he expression "thick as two short planks" REALLY means.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#35 August 28th, 2005 01:17 PM

SCSIgirl

Belgareth wrote:

Now I know what he expression "thick as two short planks" REALLY means.

Well,  that's one we don't have over here in the colonies.

#36 August 28th, 2005 04:11 PM

Markk02474

I've been busy entertaining a cousin visiting from Germany (Naehe von Heidelburg) to respond sooner. Here's a photo for the topic: Wanker.jpg

One feedback message amused me - wanting more drama! What? Some wrist slashing? SG is another site, and the wanker isn't worth it! Germany needs Oprah and Maurry - so she dumps the chump the first mistake! The water dripping was great - I got my first Einstuerzende Neubauten vinyl over 25 years ago, complete with natural microphone techniques and metalic sounds. My cousin has been treating me to the (earthy) rap music from Berlin and enriching my vocabulary...

#37 August 28th, 2005 09:33 PM

liandra_dahl

zille wrote:

ok, so you naked, prostrate, frenzied, bloodied face, in front of me and then what happens... I feel like I must definitely return the show respect... so perhaps we could prostrate ourselves together, banging our heads against the floor. Now that could make an interesting video.

#38 August 29th, 2005 01:28 AM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

ok, so you naked, prostrate, frenzied, bloodied face, in front of me and then what happens... I feel like I must definitely return the show respect... so perhaps we could prostrate ourselves together, banging our heads against the floor. Now that could make an interesting video.

You do that and you'll hve us all in a frenzy. Zille and Liandra banging naked on the floor!!

#39 August 30th, 2005 05:06 AM

zille

SCSIgirl wrote:

Really, Oh Scuzzy One, if you are going to pray to come back as anything, my mattress is a far better aspiration (as I sit on my bed to watch movies, sleep naked, and well, that other thing that beds are good for.  Things, actually....

#40 August 30th, 2005 05:10 AM

zille

Belgareth wrote:

You do that and you'll hve us all in a frenzy. Zille and Liandra banging naked on the floor!!

Belgareth is quite right, Liandra -- and let's just skip the bit with the foreheads and get to the good kind of banging!  I assure you I could show you my worship and adoration that way -- certainly with even greater enthusiasm and zeal!

#41 August 30th, 2005 01:49 PM

SCSIgirl

zille wrote:

Really, Oh Scuzzy One, if you are going to pray to come back as anything, my mattress is a far better aspiration (as I sit on my bed to watch movies, sleep naked, and well, that other thing that beds are good for.  Things, actually....

Oh, Z, now you're really confusing me...  What kind of matresss should I be??  A Mancini mattress?  A Sleep Train mattress?  How about the newcomer: 1-800-Mattress?  What about a Swedish DUX bed....  that sounds pretty suggestive.  Should I be a water bed?  Will I have to learn to slosh?  Maybe I should be one of those new fangled duo adjust Air Beds...  Of course I would then have to blow.....  excuse me, INFLATE.     

OOOOOh, I got it!!!!  How about Magic Fingers mattress with Inflation feature?????.....   I could make you a VERY happy woman....  ;-]

#42 August 30th, 2005 09:27 PM

liandra_dahl

zille wrote:

Belgareth is quite right, Liandra -- and let's just skip the bit with the foreheads and get to the good kind of banging!  I assure you I could show you my worship and adoration that way -- certainly with even greater enthusiasm and zeal!

Ok, so lets set a date, and SCSI can be the mattress.

#43 August 31st, 2005 02:46 AM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

Ok, so lets set a date, and SCSI can be the mattress.

Dammit - foiled again - by the man with the Small Computer Systems Interface :-(

I'd make a great pillow - albeit a low one!!

#44 September 1st, 2005 02:11 AM

SCSIgirl

Belgareth wrote:

Dammit - foiled again - by the man with the Small Computer Systems Interface :-(

I'd make a great pillow - albeit a low one!!

I'm just trying to figure out how to inflate in two places at once..........

#45 September 1st, 2005 02:52 AM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

I'm just trying to figure out how to inflate in two places at once..........

I thought that you were going to leave the "inflating" to the mattress but if you really want to inflate in two places at once - a kilogram or so of baked beans should get you well on the way!

I can't guarantee the girl's reactions but you will definitely have enough wind to blow up Fort Knox!

#46 September 4th, 2005 03:45 AM

zille

Belgareth wrote:

I thought that you were going to leave the "inflating" to the mattress but if you really want to inflate in two places at once - a kilogram or so of baked beans should get you well on the way!

I can't guarantee the girl's reactions but you will definitely have enough wind to blow up Fort Knox!

Belgareth -- Ewwwwww gross!

#47 September 4th, 2005 04:26 AM

Belgareth

zille wrote:

Belgareth -- Ewwwwww gross!

I think I must have had an off day ;-)

#48 September 4th, 2005 05:48 AM

vadek28

Remind me what all this has to do with Consi's video?

#49 September 4th, 2005 06:23 AM

Belgareth

vadek28 wrote:

Remind me what all this has to do with Consi's video?

Ah! You've noticed that the threads in this forum tend to drift. I used to try to pull them back but I've given up on that now. I just wander wherever the thread goes - well almost ......

#50 September 4th, 2005 10:04 AM

cle

hard to throw in two cents when I'm not even able to throw in two sense, I shall try to keep up with all the shenanigans, you are an entertaining bunch, soooooooo much fun to read big_smile

Board footer