#1 August 25th, 2005 06:04 AM

Belgareth

Consi's Video

I couldn't just leave a comment for Consi's video. It is so very different from anything ever seen in ISM, yet it is such a wonderful, intimate work that I had to bring my comments into the forum.

We talk about having guts to contribute to ISM. Her video goes way beyond that. It opens a window into how it feels to suffer a sense of loss, hurt, anger and all of the other emotions that we usually keep hidden from view.

I've only been truly blown away by two of the contributor's videos, Consi's and the series from Liandra and for very different and yet very similar reasons. The differences are obvious but the similarity is the complete honesty portrayed by both people.

Herein lays the reality of ISM.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#2 August 25th, 2005 08:17 AM

SCSIgirl

Re: Consi's Video

Belgareth wrote:

I couldn't just leave a comment for Consi's video. It is so very different from anything ever seen in ISM, yet it is such a wonderful, intimate work that I had to bring my comments into the forum.
>>>>    snipped for brevity  <<<<

For those of us not fluent in Deutsch,  is she mourning the loss of a loved one?

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#3 August 25th, 2005 09:24 AM

zille

I am totally with you, Belgareth.  This is unlike anything I have ever seen on the internet.

My German is pretty feeble, so I have not really comprehended what was behind the pain, but I don't actually think you need to know, to feel it with her; in fact, knowing the details could perhaps distract from the pureness of the emotion.

That bold honesty (of emotional epresssion) and "fuck it all" brashness that she displayed ... ah, there are no words for that! 

(And this beats "The Sorrows of Young Werther" by a long shot! -- and as someone who will always be a goth in her soul, I never thought I'd say that!)

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#4 August 25th, 2005 09:42 AM

samquentin

Hey, folks!

Zille, it's not surprising me that you responded to this contribution, as I judged you (without knowing you) as someone pretty deep and interested in - well - depth. Consi's video is really different to all other previous contributions - as far as I can tell.

I won't translate all of the content because it would ruin the intention and feel of it, but she doesn't mourn anyone. She is just pissed at her lover as he betrayed her. And therefore, she seeks temporary relief from her new friend "Absolut". What she writes on her breasts and tummy with her lipstick reads "Fuck you, jerk!". And that's all I will reveal - as her expression speaks for itself - true or not, which is always the game with a platform like "ishotmyself".

Zille, I don't believe that her feelings add up to the multiple pains of "Werther" as there are so many young German "Werthers" out here (when I dare to look out the window, me being a slightly bit older "Werther" myself - haha!), but most of them have given in to their pain and channeled it to more obvious and superficial expressions. Does that make sense, dear?

Anyway: Gute Nacht & süße Träume, y'all!

#5 August 25th, 2005 01:22 PM

zille

samquentin wrote:

Zille, it's not surprising me that you responded to this contribution, as I judged you (without knowing you) as someone pretty deep and interested in - well - depth. Consi's video is really different to all other previous contributions - as far as I can tell.

Wow, Sam -- thank you!  I had not really seen you around much before, but I will keep my eye out for you in future!  ( [grins] Esp. if you keep complimenting me in such lovely ways!)

samquentin wrote:

I won't translate all of the content because it would ruin the intention and feel of it, but she doesn't mourn anyone. She is just pissed at her lover as he betrayed her. And therefore, she seeks temporary relief from her new friend "Absolut". What she writes on her breasts and tummy with her lipstick reads "Fuck you, jerk!". And that's all I will reveal - as her expression speaks for itself - true or not, which is always the game with a platform like "ishotmyself".

I guessed a lover had pissed her off and ... I got the "fuck you" part, and all the "scheisse" (what German I have is pretty low...)  I couldn't read the "jerk" part very well:  what is German for "jerk?" 

samquentin wrote:

Zille, I don't believe that her feelings add up to the multiple pains of "Werther" as there are so many young German "Werthers" out here (when I dare to look out the window, me being a slightly bit older "Werther" myself - haha!), but most of them have given in to their pain and channeled it to more obvious and superficial expressions. Does that make sense, dear?

Yes, Sam, it does.  But that's actually why I'd credit her pain more than so many others.  She did something constructive and beautiful with it -- and something original, which so many of those "Werthers" do not do these days!

#6 August 25th, 2005 04:21 PM

Belgareth

zille wrote:

I am totally with you, Belgareth.  This is unlike anything I have ever seen on the internet.

My German is pretty feeble, so I have not really comprehended what was behind the pain, but I don't actually think you need to know, to feel it with her; in fact, knowing the details could perhaps distract from the pureness of the emotion.

That bold honesty (of emotional epresssion) and "fuck it all" brashness that she displayed ... ah, there are no words for that! 

(And this beats "The Sorrows of Young Werther" by a long shot! -- and as someone who will always be a goth in her soul, I never thought I'd say that!)

Clearly you were as affected by Consi's video as I was so, out of courtesy, I will reply to you Zille but it looks like I've been beaten to the post by Samquentin (what a fantastic pseudonym), who clearly has a greater understanding of German than I (or maybe who's English is a better second language than my German). I think we both should keep an eye out for him in the future.

I hope you didn't take offence because I only mentioned Consi and Liandra. I still think you are a wonderful lady and I adore you work in ISM, as well as your very honest contributions to the forum.

#7 August 25th, 2005 05:14 PM

samquentin

Zille, just as a short and sweet lesson in German and to answer your question: I would translate "jerk" into "Wichser" (spoken: "viks-err"), which is what Consi wrote on her belly - if a jerk is someone who jerks off a lot (and is condemned for this in a disrespectful way, which I must say is nothing I can support - for obvious reasons, heh-heh...). It sure can be helpful to know a few curse words in different languages, huh?

Belgareth, thanks for the compliment on my "name" - I somehow stole the idea from the movie "Alien Nation" (aren't we all?), where one of the aliens is named "Sam Francisco", which I considered a bit too tame and stole the basics.

Join in next time, when we encounter such friendly expressions like "Arschloch", "Drecksack", "Hackfresse" and "Scheißhaufen". Thank you for your attention, class dismissed.

#8 August 25th, 2005 11:26 PM

wantingscott

i learned a bit of German early-on from my beloved aunt Tilly, who called my pathetic father (this is all phoenetic, sorry!!! i was only 5 years old...) "scheissen-gaeven" "dumas ein dumas aissel."

even at 5 i translated that to "shit head" and "dumb asshole".  although i don't think he ever got it...

Scott

#9 August 25th, 2005 11:44 PM

samquentin

Thanks Scott, I am not quite sure whether I can translate the first phonetic childhood memory of yours, but it's the intention that counts. ;o) I just hope that my humble contribution to this thread does not turn out to become a learning course for calling people names in German...

Einen wunderschönen Tag euch allen! ("Eye-nan woon-dare-sho-nan tuhg oich ull-un" - A lovely day to y'all!) - Whew, that's better - and now I shall stop this phonetic nonsense for the sake of everyone. Greets.

#10 August 26th, 2005 01:28 AM

SCSIgirl

samquentin wrote:

Thanks Scott, I am not quite sure whether I can translate the first phonetic childhood memory of yours, but it's the intention that counts. ;o) I just hope that my humble contribution to this thread does not turn out to become a learning course for calling people names in German...

Einen wunderschönen Tag euch allen! ("Eye-nan woon-dare-sho-nan tuhg oich ull-un" - A lovely day to y'all!) - Whew, that's better - and now I shall stop this phonetic nonsense for the sake of everyone. Greets.

Danke

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#11 August 26th, 2005 03:18 AM

Belgareth

samquentin wrote:

Belgareth, thanks for the compliment on my "name" - I somehow stole the idea from the movie "Alien Nation" (aren't we all?), where one of the aliens is named "Sam Francisco", which I considered a bit too tame and stole the basics.

Join in next time, when we encounter such friendly expressions like "Arschloch", "Drecksack", "Hackfresse" and "Scheißhaufen". Thank you for your attention, class dismissed.

Perhaps I should join in the concept and change my name to Sam Andreas - I'm usually at fault anyway!

Entschuldigen Sie mich, ich sind dumm, aber ich verstehe nicht das Wort Hackfresse

#12 August 26th, 2005 06:53 AM

zille

Belgareth wrote:

Clearly you were as affected by Consi's video as I was so, out of courtesy, I will reply to you Zille but it looks like I've been beaten to the post by Samquentin (what a fantastic pseudonym), who clearly has a greater understanding of German than I (or maybe who's English is a better second language than my German). I think we both should keep an eye out for him in the future.

You are quite right!  Samquentin should definately being invited to join the "It Crowd" here in the ISM forums [looks far-too-cool, then kills it with a grin]

Belgareth wrote:

I hope you didn't take offence because I only mentioned Consi and Liandra. I still think you are a wonderful lady and I adore you work in ISM, as well as your very honest contributions to the forum.

Good lord, Belgareth, what you must think of me!  No, no -- I can handle a compliment handed out without going, "Where's mine?!"  I know that none of my work shown on this site comes close to Consi's, because mine was not made with the same passion, I mean, hell, my video was about how to shave your pussy!  Not in the same league!!!

And I bow to the gorgeous and talented Liandra the same as everyone else!

#13 August 26th, 2005 06:56 AM

SCSIgirl

Belgareth wrote:

Perhaps I should join in the concept and change my name to Sam Andreas - I'm usually at fault anyway!

Entschuldigen Sie mich, ich sind dumm, aber ich verstehe nicht das Wort Hackfresse

That cracks me up!!  Or, as we say here in Santa Cruz,  "Shift Happens".

#14 August 26th, 2005 07:09 AM

SCSIgirl

samquentin wrote:

Zille, just as a short and sweet lesson in German and to answer your question: I would translate "jerk" into "Wichser" (spoken: "viks-err"), which is what Consi wrote on her belly - if a jerk is someone who jerks off a lot (and is condemned for this in a disrespectful way, which I must say is nothing I can support - for obvious reasons, heh-heh...).
>>> Snipped for brevity <<<.

I believe the word "jerk"  comes from the Soda Jerk of the '30s.  They got it from "jerking" the handles.  It used to be a term of "loving appreciation"  but has morphed into a negative personna over the years.  Just as Geek was a negative term for skinny people, and is now a term of appreciation.  Jerk is also a kinda "light-weight" negative term,  as opposed to "asshole' or "bastard".

Do you think "Wicher" would have a stronger translation?

#15 August 26th, 2005 07:11 AM

zille

samquentin wrote:

Zille, just as a short and sweet lesson in German and to answer your question: I would translate "jerk" into "Wichser" (spoken: "viks-err"), which is what Consi wrote on her belly - if a jerk is someone who jerks off a lot (and is condemned for this in a disrespectful way, which I must say is nothing I can support - for obvious reasons, heh-heh...). It sure can be helpful to know a few curse words in different languages, huh?

Ah, that was what she put on her (beautiful) tummy! 

I don't think "jerk' means "someone who jerks off a lot" the way "wanker" does...  I think maybe it has more to being someone who "jerks one around," that is,  is full of bullshit.

I would myself be quite a hypocrite if I was to insult anyone for frequent masturbation!  wink

Okay, with some tranlsation help, I came up for the new vocab as:
asshole, dirtbag, shit-heap -- but I have no idea what "Hackfresse" means!  (Swearing in other languages is good, must more satisfying than swearing in your native tongue!)

#16 August 26th, 2005 07:36 AM

Belgareth

zille wrote:

You are quite right!  Samquentin should definately being invited to join the "It Crowd" here in the ISM forums [looks far-too-cool, then kills it with a grin]

Good lord, Belgareth, what you must think of me!  No, no -- I can handle a compliment handed out without going, "Where's mine?!"  I know that none of my work shown on this site comes close to Consi's, because mine was not made with the same passion, I mean, hell, my video was about how to shave your pussy!  Not in the same league!!!

Hey Zille, I wasn't inferring that I thought you may be jealous, or anything of that nature. You are a clearly competent, confident person. As for your work not being in the same league as Consi's because of the lack of passion, well really, you are quite passionate about the way in which you shave your pussy. I just thank heaven that you are not as passionate whilst shaving it as you are when you play with it (see BA) ;-)

#17 August 26th, 2005 07:44 AM

samquentin

WORD, Belgareth, Wielder of the Magic Wand - thank you for that last sentence, it really cracked me up!

Hey, y'all, I feel deeply touched to be invited to become a member of the "In-crowd". Sniff.

Zille, "wanker" as a translation of "Wichser" is perfect - I somehow did not come up with this word as I considered it as more British than American, and as my main language influence stems from the U.S. I simply oversaw it. Thank you, cutie-pie.

And to lift the long awaited secret of the strange and mysterious word "Hackfresse": here, the appropriate translation would be "pizza-face" - well, actually "Hack" is a German short expression for "minced meat", but the effect of both ingredients visually should prove the same, I guess (as I am quite a decent cook). Arigato gosaimasu, folks.

(How about a club motto or a secret code? - Kidding!)

#18 August 26th, 2005 08:31 PM

Belgareth

samquentin wrote:

WORD, Belgareth, Wielder of the Magic Wand - thank you for that last sentence, it really cracked me up!

Wayhey! Recognition of my handle at last! Sadly, my German is not good now (20 years lack of practice) and my last sentence is the best I could manage but hoped that it would be read as I intended it.

Hey, y'all, I feel deeply touched to be invited to become a member of the "In-crowd". Sniff.

It's refreshing to have someone who can bring a different viewpoint but being touched by being asked to join the "in-crowd" with a dubious bunch such as we are is a compllment in itself ;-)

And to lift the long awaited secret of the strange and mysterious word "Hackfresse": here, the appropriate translation would be "pizza-face" - well, actually "Hack" is a German short expression for "minced meat", but the effect of both ingredients visually should prove the same, I guess (as I am quite a decent cook)

No wonder I couldn't work out the meaning of the word! That's about as coloquial as a German I work with who was referred to, by his team, in English, as "rag" because his name was Hanke and he was their boss - hence .... Hanke - Chief ...... hankerchief .... snot-rag ... rag!

Arigato gosaimasu

Hai karamasan

#19 August 26th, 2005 09:53 PM

liandra_dahl

Belgareth wrote:

We talk about having guts to contribute to ISM. Her video goes way beyond that. It opens a window into how it feels to suffer a sense of loss, hurt, anger and all of the other emotions that we usually keep hidden from view.

I've only been truly blown away by two of the contributor's videos, Consi's and the series from Liandra and for very different and yet very similar reasons. The differences are obvious but the similarity is the complete honesty portrayed by both people.

Thanks B for the compliment.

I haven't seen Consi's vid but I'll make an effort considering it comes so highly reccommended. I'm on dial up and it takes me hours to download these damn videos...I might add that they generally turn out to be well worth it.

#20 August 26th, 2005 10:03 PM

liandra_dahl

zille wrote:

That wasn't low enough Zille, the deeper the bow the more respect, I want you kissing the floor boards!

Na seriously, just stop it, you're all so nice to me, then you send me out into the real world with this inflated sense of self worth, it's not healthy! Consi's vid sounds like it was really moving, passionate and heartfelt; where as I just romped around on the bed with a camera, fiddling with myself, and letting my mouth run off the hook. I don't think it quite equates in quality, but I am grateful for the prestige by association.

#21 August 26th, 2005 10:11 PM

liandra_dahl

SCSIgirl wrote:

Just as Geek was a negative term for skinny people, and is now a term of appreciation.

I thought geek was a term for fanatical people, or grossly over intelligent people, or anyone that was ostracised at high school for being eccentric. I didn't think it had anything to do with body size.

#22 August 26th, 2005 11:21 PM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

That wasn't low enough Zille, the deeper the bow the more respect, I want you kissing the floor boards!

Na seriously, just stop it, you're all so nice to me, then you send me out into the real world with this inflated sense of self worth, it's not healthy! Consi's vid sounds like it was really moving, passionate and heartfelt; where as I just romped around on the bed with a camera, fiddling with myself, and letting my mouth run off the hook. I don't think it quite equates in quality, but I am grateful for the prestige by association.

I am now laughing, rather noisily to myself Liandra but I couldn't help but associate two words in your reply. It wasn't until I read "fiddling with myself" that I dissociated the "bow" from the previous paragraph and changed it's pronunciation. It now adds a whole new meaning to "the deeper the bow the more respect" :-D

Having gotten my warped sense of humour out of the way I'll address the other issue.

I think that self-worth cannot be underestimated. It's not inflation that causes problems, it's over-inflation that causes problems and I, for one, don't pay compliments where compliments are not due. So please accept any compliments that are paid and let them make you feel good. What's unhealthy about that?

#23 August 26th, 2005 11:23 PM

wantingscott

i think geek started out as a freak-show term for people who bit the heads off live animals.  hows that for an idea for Jing's next vid, SCSI? still swimming?

#24 August 26th, 2005 11:26 PM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

I thought geek was a term for fanatical people, or grossly over intelligent people, or anyone that was ostracised at high school for being eccentric. I didn't think it had anything to do with body size.

I understand the term "geek" to mean the same thing as you Li but maybe it has also developed an association with skinny persons because a lot of obsessives tend to be thin. It has a similar connotation to referring to someone as an "anorak".

#25 August 27th, 2005 02:38 AM

Manring

Geek is originally, according to most etymologists, the word first coined to describe those who, in carnival side-show tents, would chomp the head off live chickens or snakes for a paying crowd.

liandra_dahl wrote:

Board footer