#1 July 22nd, 2005 01:43 AM

junkkllord

Tattoos Like or Not

hello
i am new to this site. i want to talk about tattoos... myself i love tattoos on anyone and love getting them... i am wounding what the world of ISM think about tattoos...

Junk Lord

#2 July 22nd, 2005 08:29 AM

No1Steelerfan

Re: Tattoos Like or Not

I like them in moderation. I don't like the big, gaudy ones or whole body tattooing. Small, well-placed tattoos are a turn-on. My particular favorite spot is on the back, at or below the waist. Seeing a nice, well-done tattoo peeking out of the waistband on a woman is so inviting.

I once dated a rather large-breasted woman who had the words 'Pride' and 'Joy' tattooed above each breast.

#3 July 22nd, 2005 02:14 PM

SCSIgirl

junkkllord wrote:

hello
i am new to this site. i want to talk about tattoos... myself i love tattoos on anyone and love getting them... i am wounding what the world of ISM think about tattoos...

Junk Lord

I think that if you are going to decorate yourself,  show it off!!!   If a model has tats,  I usually get close-ups or get a clear shot somehow.  You want it,  it's a part of you,  I think a clear shot should be in every portfolio.

There is a photo running around the net of a very beautiful woman with unusually large and dangling inner lips.  She has the devil's face tattooed on her lower belly,  and her lips are the Devil's mouth.  It's incredibly beautiful,  but as much as I love playing with large lips,  I'd have a problem staring that Devil in the face during a serious "make-out" session.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#4 July 22nd, 2005 02:55 PM

liandra_dahl

junkkllord wrote:

hello

Junk Lord

I luuurve tattoos. I keep hoping that some stroke of fortune will cause me to befriend an asutralian tattooist who will use me as her/ his canvas. As yet I don't know any tattooist in australia, apart from the one who did the work on my right hip for the cost of a chicken dinner from Red Rooster, he was fresh out of jail then and now he's back in. I don't want to cover my entire body, I wouldn't get them on my face, hands or feet, I wouldn't get block peices like full sleeves, or legs but I have seen some great work done like that. My Ex-husband had his leg tattooed from hip to ankle, it was a brilliant peice of work, and all the more so because it was done under bizaare conditions, in prison with a homemade gun and a sharpened staple for a needle. There's a guy I know in Melbourne who has full sleeves and it looks really f**king sexy, but then, he's really f**king sexy too, which helps, I suppose.

I've made a few mistakes with tatts, and that is a serious downside, but luckily there are some excellent cover up artists, I just need to find enough cash to engage their services.

Mademoiselle has a few folios on here, she has a beautiful tattoo across her lower and mid back.

#5 July 22nd, 2005 05:10 PM

SCSIgirl

junkkllord wrote:

hello

Junk Lord

For example, today's model, Tiny.  Her tat works well with her.  I'd love to see the whole pic in detail.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#6 July 23rd, 2005 01:16 AM

wantingscott

liandra_dahl wrote:

apart from the one who did the work on my right hip for the cost of a chicken dinner from Red Rooster,

that's fkking amazing. one of the best tattoos i have ever seen for the price of a chicken dinner. amazing.

what would he have done for steak and eggs? or lobster?

Scott

#7 July 25th, 2005 02:51 AM

SCSIgirl

junkkllord wrote:

hello

Junk Lord

So this complicates the issue:

I just finished "Sound of the Underground" concert at Shoreline.  One of the production girls had shaved armpits and a tatoo in her pits.  I don't know what it was of;  I only saw it from a distance when she was gesticulating to someone.  And I didn't have the crass to go up to her and ask.

So,  if she was a "lovely hairy woman out there",  I would have never known about the hidden arttwork.  Like Zille's "hairs" it has to be shaved to be seen.

#8 July 25th, 2005 02:21 PM

roxxie

I love 'em!! I really into bod mods in general. Mark your bodies and claim them as your own!! I wish I could afford more tattoos. I dated a tattoo artist for a while, but we had a tragic ending.

#9 July 25th, 2005 03:01 PM

junkkllord

roxxie wrote:

I love 'em!! I really into bod mods in general. Mark your bodies and claim them as your own!! I wish I could afford more tattoos. I dated a tattoo artist for a while, but we had a tragic ending.

hello

so i am guessing alot of poeple like tattoos.. what is that people don't like about tattoos?

#10 July 25th, 2005 07:55 PM

EricaStarr

• * I don't like the trend aspect of tattoos. A while ago it was butterflys and then it was Celtic arm bands and now it seems to be those twirly things on the lower back
    * I feel like they cover perfectly good skin with what is usually a fairly average picture
    * They fade and skin stretches.
    * They're permanent but not because you wanted them to be. Anyone can get a tat that is there for life but I'm much more impressed with someone who decides to do something permanently and sticks with it.
    * A tat is an easy way for someone to say, "I'm an individual"

junkkllord wrote:

hello

so i am guessing alot of poeple like tattoos.. what is that people don't like about tattoos?

#11 July 26th, 2005 01:03 AM

liz

EricaStarr wrote:
  • * They're permanent but not because you wanted them to be.

Umm...this doesn't quite make sense to me.  As a lady with quite a few tattoos, and more to come, part of it is the permanence.  Yeah, some people may get one of those trite and trendy tattoos, on a whim or whatever, and may come to regret it, may not really think through the fact that this will be with you for the rest of your life.  But most of the people that I know who have tattoos have them for very deep and meaningful reasons.  They chose them because they specifically wanted them to be a permanent part of their lives, their bodies.

"They're permanent but not because you wanted them to be" seems silly to me, and obviously some people just don't get it, for some people it will never be their thing.  Because a tattoo by nature is permanent, the choice to get one is because you want something permanent.

As for "A tat is an easy way for someone to say, "I'm an individual"", yeah?  So is pretty much anything else people choose to do to express themselves, from hairstyle to clothing choices, to what music you listen to, books you read, art you consume, etc.  Loads of people have tattoos, it is not in the getting one that you express your individuality, it is in the design choice, the meaning behind it, the placement, etc.  Never have I thought "Oooh, I'm unique and an individual because I have tattoos," it is that I'm unique and and individual because of the things I've chosen to permanently put on my body, to live with forever, and the personal meanings behind those, along with all my other life choices.

I live my life outside of the "mainstream" for the most part (whatever the hell that even means), and that does include body modification choices, but it also includes not being a capitalistic consumer, it includes opposing suffering and exploitation in all its many forms, it includes making choices that positively impact mother earth and all our brothers and sisters, human and non.

I certainly don't mean to attack you, but I think your interpretation of tattoos is very short sighted and close-minded.  Maybe take a look at the ways in which you express your individuality and why you choose those, and examine if, at the core of it, they're all that different ...

peace,
l

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#12 July 26th, 2005 12:26 PM

ilana

liz wrote:

As for "A tat is an easy way for someone to say, "I'm an individual"", yeah?  So is pretty much anything else people choose to do to express themselves, from hairstyle to clothing choices, to what music you listen to, books you read, art you consume, etc.  Loads of people have tattoos, it is not in the getting one that you express your individuality, it is in the design choice, the meaning behind it, the placement, etc.  Never have I thought "Oooh, I'm unique and an individual because I have tattoos," it is that I'm unique and and individual because of the things I've chosen to permanently put on my body, to live with forever, and the personal meanings behind those, along with all my other life choices.

Oh Liz, I always look forward to your posts, they're like that bright, sparkly beacon in a sea of aspiring male nudists.

I think EricaStarr was horribly generalising everyone who has tattoos.  Sure there are going to be some people out there who have come to regret the Chinese symbol they got put on their hip five years ago when they find out that it actually means 'monkey' instead of 'love', and others who got it done on a whim or to fit in with a crowd and didn't take the time to think about the repurcussions of getting inked for life.  But those people are few and far between.  Most people who get tattoos do it not so they'll seem cool, unique, trendy or edgy - but for personal reasons: as tributes to people, to be walking peices of artwork and brighten up the boring monotony of business suits, as daily affirmations, to express themselves in a way that words can't.

I find it terribly offensive when people attack my integrity by saying I got my tattoos to stick out from the crowd and be different.  Every single person is different.  No one is justified in making that comment because every single person is an individual and will be no matter what they do.  If we put ink on our bodies to stick out from the crowd, for fashion purposes or to be more unique - don't you think everyone would be getting temporary tattoos because they know the novelty will wear off?  Or better yet, sticking on those tatts you get in packets of bubblegum?  Tattoos are merely an extension of my body and self in ways that are purley personal.  One is a reminder of good things to come, and the other one is a celebration of people close to me.  They have been designed by a close friend and family, not picked out of a book in the waiting room of a tattoo parlour.

#13 July 26th, 2005 03:44 PM

SCSIgirl

[QUOTE=ilana]Oh Liz, I always look forward to your posts, they're like that bright, sparkly beacon in a sea of aspiring male nudists.

I think EricaStarr was horribly generalising everyone who has tattoos.    But those people are few and far between.  Most people who get tattoos do it not so they'll seem cool, unique, trendy or edgy - but for personal reasons:
>> snipped for brevity <<<

I have to disagree.  I have no tats and will probably go to the grave a virgin,  but I like to see good ones.  I like to see ones that are creative and different.  (spider webs on the elbows are too common).

However:  laser tattoo removal is big business here in the States.  It is a big thing amoung the Hispanics to get gang markings and later remove them when they mature.  Girls are constantly getting boyfriend names that later piss off the next boyfriend.  I have several friends in the show business that got them in the service while drunk.  I disagree that MOST people think about what they are doing.  A lot of people get them because they are trendy or they are bored.  My daughter wants one.  She doesn't know why or what or where she wants it ;  she just wants it.

#14 July 26th, 2005 05:21 PM

capiango

With Tats I think generally less is more. I just hear from many people that they are addicting and once you get one it takes restraint from getting another. I guess its the patchwork tats that Im not fond of, scattered unrelated tats carelessly placed. If youre going to cover a large area I prefer the larger pieces. I have yet to get one but Im not against it if I can come up with a original idea or concept big_smile

#15 July 26th, 2005 08:17 PM

liandra_dahl

SCSIgirl wrote:

I have to disagree.  I have no tats and will probably go to the grave a virgin,  but I like to see good ones.  I like to see ones that are creative and different.  (spider webs on the elbows are too common).

However:  laser tattoo removal is big business here in the States.  It is a big thing amoung the Hispanics to get gang markings and later remove them when they mature.  Girls are constantly getting boyfriend names that later piss off the next boyfriend.  I have several friends in the show business that got them in the service while drunk.  I disagree that MOST people think about what they are doing.  A lot of people get them because they are trendy or they are bored.  My daughter wants one.  She doesn't know why or what or where she wants it ;  she just wants it.

My ex-husband had some fantastic big peices, like the one on his leg I've mentioned before. He also had three different girls names on his chest and arms which were badly done really abhorent to me. My friend Emily has a boys name on her bum who was actually the other half of the worse relationship she has ever endured. Nice reminder.

I love three of my tattos, and but I am disastisfied with the other three. I got them when I was young, 16 - 17, I wanted a tattoo, I didn't know why or what I wanted I just wanted one. Luckily for me I still want to have tattoos and a some decent cover up work will fix me up. The small peices I want incorporated into bigger peices, to avoid the patch work effect.

My daughter is five, she wants tattoos, she has drawn them over most of her baby dolls, and herself when she gets a moment alone with a pen. I'd like to think she'll tell me when her first ink experience is imminent, and she will consider carefully what she gets, though I think it's doubtful she'll want my advice by that time.

#16 August 5th, 2005 05:16 AM

Merricat

I love tattoos, if they're well done and unique. I do sometimes get annoyed by some of the more "trendy" tattoos, but then I do realize that sometimes people just happen to like an image, even if it's been done by a lot of people.

I've got seven tattoos and have many more planned, and I adore all of them.

#17 August 5th, 2005 11:12 AM

trebora

Tattoos tell a story.  Even the “badly done while drunk in the Philippines on liberty” tats have something to say about the person and their life.  How well done they are tell how important that image and story is to them.

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

#18 August 12th, 2005 09:47 AM

eroseyes

Asking most/many activity-oriented boppers on this site if they like tattoos is kinda like asking people in a soccer arena if they like soccer. Or maybe try asking people on a fishing boat if they like fishing. It's not that I am without tattoos, because I am not. My concern is how few persons are without them, such that someone without a tattoo now becomes more interesting. Why don't they have one (or more)??? Don't they understand how "cool" they make you appear to be? What the hell are they thinking? I find people without tatooes of interest. They look clean and like they have a brain. Not such a bad look in my humble opinion. I even think more people should try it. Of course, I reolize this opinion can't fly...

Board footer