#1 May 20th, 2005 05:10 AM

wantingscott

the ISM mixtape :)

i'd like to download some songs for the perfect ISM mixtape.
any suggestions? here's mine:

1. Stella was a Diver (she was always down)- INTERPOL

#2 May 20th, 2005 05:34 AM

wantingscott

Re: the ISM mixtape :)

then:

2. "Bubble Toes" by Jack Johnson

#3 May 20th, 2005 07:25 AM

wantingscott

maybe:

3. "Cooking Wine" - Alkaline Trio

#4 May 20th, 2005 10:54 AM

catt

I think theda made a post on something similar not too long ago, which would be worth referencing, but for now my suggestions would be Living Dead Girl (Rob Zombie), Never Gonna Come Back Down (Mike Doughty And BT), Strict Machine (Goldfrapp) and St. Louise Is Listening (Soul Coughing) - all rather perfect songs for strip bars (as they're rather upbeat and/or raunchy), and therefore of remote relevance to this idea of yours as well.
That being said, there are many other songs suitable for a different ISM mood, and i'm sure there'll be suggestions of them to come...
With music downloading being what it is, you should have no problem finding these *S*

the beauty of simplicity is the complexity it attracts.

#5 May 20th, 2005 01:02 PM

pixen

I think some Peaches would be a good addition to the mix.

Conjures up images of good, old fashioned dirty sex.

Piracy is the only option.

#6 May 20th, 2005 07:38 PM

zimbonies

catt wrote:

Never Gonna Come Back Down (Mike Doughty And BT), ... St. Louise Is Listening (Soul Coughing) - all rather perfect songs for strip bars (as they're rather upbeat and/or raunchy), and therefore of remote relevance to this idea of yours as well.

I see you're a fan of Soul Coughing!  Very interesting stuff...Doughty is a genius -- in his own mind!  I hear that he has a new album out...

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#7 May 20th, 2005 10:18 PM

wantingscott

catt wrote:

Living Dead Girl (Rob Zombie)

now THAT song brings back a memory!!!!! my wife had that CD queued (American Made Music to Strip By) the morning my in-laws babysat the kids. she gave me the lap-dance of my LIFE to that song!!!! ahhhhhh.... sweet memories... Victoria's Secret green satin teddies....  freckles... long brown hair....   that grrrl can grrrrrind ....I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

wscott
(she snoops the boards but never writes... wink

#8 May 20th, 2005 10:24 PM

wantingscott

zimbonies wrote:

I see you're a fan of Soul Coughing!  Very interesting stuff...Doughty is a genius -- in his own mind!  I hear that he has a new album out...

5. of course then "Super Bon Bon"

#9 May 20th, 2005 11:47 PM

Gimme_Danger

catt wrote:

I think theda made a post on something similar not too long ago, which would be worth referencing, but for now my suggestions would be Living Dead Girl (Rob Zombie), Never Gonna Come Back Down (Mike Doughty And BT), Strict Machine (Goldfrapp) and St. Louise Is Listening (Soul Coughing) - all rather perfect songs for strip bars (as they're rather upbeat and/or raunchy), and therefore of remote relevance to this idea of yours as well.
That being said, there are many other songs suitable for a different ISM mood, and i'm sure there'll be suggestions of them to come...
With music downloading being what it is, you should have no problem finding these *S*

Theres something very sexy for me about a girl who knows her music. This links back to that 'what turns you on?' thread

#10 May 21st, 2005 12:10 AM

MrPicMe

pixen wrote:

YEAH! "Fuck The Pain Away"
"AA XXX"

ORGY "Fetisha"

SUGAR CUBES "Hit"

CURE "Pictures Of You"

#11 May 21st, 2005 01:35 AM

wantingscott

14. "Aisha" -Death in Vegas
15. "Jennifer" -Brian Jonestown Massacre

#12 May 21st, 2005 03:03 AM

zille

"I want to take some dirty pictures of you," covered by Die Toten Hosen!

Pussy Round (aka "the Show Me Your Pussy song") by Lords Of Acid

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#13 May 21st, 2005 08:23 AM

zimbonies

Moonchild -- by Cibo Matto

#14 May 21st, 2005 09:41 PM

MrPicMe

DEATHCAB FOR CUTTIE "Lightness"

#15 May 23rd, 2005 10:30 AM

catt

zimbonies wrote:

I LOVE Soul Coughing.  They never really made it big over here in Australia, and are an underrated band in general.  As for Doughty being a genius (in his own mind), I think that certain arrogances can be supported by just the right amount of charisma *S*.

#16 May 23rd, 2005 10:40 AM

catt

Gimme_Danger wrote:

Theres something very sexy for me about a girl who knows her music. This links back to that 'what turns you on?' thread

I also know my horror movies and Rock And Roll Wrestlers *winks*.

But seriously, life is nothing without music.  I also feel that the world could stop producing art, literature and music right now, and we'd still never have enough time to dig back into the archives and appreciate all that came before what we listen to/look at/read today...which influenced it in the first place.  So, as good as some new music is right now, i'm also doing a fair bit of backtracking into what inspired my favourite artists of today.  Throwing on an old Birthday Party/The Descendants record, dusting off The Femmes and falling asleep to Jesus And Mary Chain on the headphones at night brings on a delicious nostalgia which is impossible to replicate.

#17 May 23rd, 2005 10:44 AM

catt

wantingscott wrote:

now THAT song brings back a memory!!!!! my wife had that CD queued (American Made Music to Strip By) the morning my in-laws babysat the kids. she gave me the lap-dance of my LIFE to that song!!!! ahhhhhh.... sweet memories... Victoria's Secret green satin teddies....  freckles... long brown hair....   that grrrl can grrrrrind ....I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

wscott
(she snoops the boards but never writes... wink

Perhaps it's time for a revisit?

I was never really a huge White/Rob Zombie fan (it must be the Virgo in me, but I always wanted to give Rob a bath and trim), but there's something grimy and dirty and animal about the song, and you gotta dig the raw energy of it.

Now if you want a classier song for stripping, with several peaks and troughs, go with my favourite - This Is Hardcore, Pulp.  Jarvis Cocker = sex.

#18 May 23rd, 2005 07:45 PM

zimbonies

catt wrote:

I LOVE Soul Coughing.  They never really made it big over here in Australia, and are an underrated band in general.  As for Doughty being a genius (in his own mind), I think that certain arrogances can be supported by just the right amount of charisma *S*.

They never made it big over here in the states either, but me and my friends were followers!

Charisma equals illegal drugs?!  smile  Some of Doughty's lyrics are -- well, lets just say -- "Off center" sometimes....

Gotta love it!
Zim

#19 May 24th, 2005 12:23 AM

Gimme_Danger

catt wrote:

I also know my horror movies and Rock And Roll Wrestlers *winks*.

But seriously, life is nothing without music.  I also feel that the world could stop producing art, literature and music right now, and we'd still never have enough time to dig back into the archives and appreciate all that came before what we listen to/look at/read today...which influenced it in the first place.  So, as good as some new music is right now, i'm also doing a fair bit of backtracking into what inspired my favourite artists of today.  Throwing on an old Birthday Party/The Descendants record, dusting off The Femmes and falling asleep to Jesus And Mary Chain on the headphones at night brings on a delicious nostalgia which is impossible to replicate.

**swoon** Don't tease me, I would be putty in your hands.

I bought my first vinyl in 1975 and I haven't looked back since...I am a confirmed music addict but it is my drug of choice. There is never enough good current music to keep me satiated so I have to look farther back. At the moment I am buying a lot of lo-fi American music on the web because the £/$ is almost 2 for 1. Lately I've been listening to Antony & the Johnsons and Beehive & the Barracudas.

Anyway, back on topic I suppose I'd better nominate some tunes for the tape

1) the cramps - I can't hardly stand it
2) andre williams - the dealer, the pealer and the stealer
3) paul westerberg - silver naked ladies
4) hard corps - dirty
5) johnny otis show - country girl

#20 May 24th, 2005 10:47 AM

catt

pixen wrote:

I haven't heard much Peaches (besides the song she did with darlin' Iggy and some zombies) - you're going to have to enlighten me!

#21 May 24th, 2005 11:37 AM

catt

zimbonies wrote:

They never made it big over here in the states either, but me and my friends were followers!

Charisma equals illegal drugs?!  smile  Some of Doughty's lyrics are -- well, lets just say -- "Off center" sometimes....

Gotta love it!
Zim

I'm a bit of a fan of Left Of Field, whatever the motivator *S*

#22 May 24th, 2005 11:43 AM

catt

Gimme_Danger wrote:

**swoon** Don't tease me, I would be putty in your hands.

I bought my first vinyl in 1975 and I haven't looked back since...I am a confirmed music addict but it is my drug of choice. There is never enough good current music to keep me satiated so I have to look farther back. At the moment I am buying a lot of lo-fi American music on the web because the £/$ is almost 2 for 1. Lately I've been listening to Antony & the Johnsons and Beehive & the Barracudas.

Anyway, back on topic I suppose I'd better nominate some tunes for the tape

1) the cramps - I can't hardly stand it
2) andre williams - the dealer, the pealer and the stealer
3) paul westerberg - silver naked ladies
4) hard corps - dirty
5) johnny otis show - country girl

I still love the sound of vinyl.  You just can't beat it, especially with some Edith Piaf, or the War Of The Worlds soundtrack.  Brilliant.

#23 May 24th, 2005 10:39 PM

wantingscott

one LP i just  LOVE on vinyl is Jane's Addiction "Kettle Whistle". it was VERY hard to find.
"oh... BUMP BUMP BUMP <pop> What a night!!! -pop- -crackle-..."

i successfully burned it to CD and captured all the hisses, pops and crackles by bringing up the levels so i could hear it in my car!!!

wscott

BTW- to this day, i regret leaving all my Depeche Mode LP's at home when I moved away... they're long gone... "Oh god it's raining <hissssss> but i'm not complaining... It's filling me up with new life..."   the anthem of my 16th birthday.

#24 May 25th, 2005 10:25 PM

wantingscott

in terms of flat-out stripper music, what's great to strip to?
a club oldie i always liked on when  tangling with my girl was "Rapture" by Iio, the 15:00 cut...

#25 May 26th, 2005 07:30 AM

wantingscott

Zille and Catt,
coming through with the Lords of Acid and the Peaches was barry!!!!
i just D/L'd a bunch, very nice. baby's gonna move dat body!!!

also, the Sugarcubes, had never been iinto them, but "Fucking in Rhythm & Sorrow", nice, that.

-wscott

Board footer