#1 May 12th, 2005 12:55 PM

SCSIgirl

All you self-indulgent people

I have a curiosity question since 'where words come from' (etamology) has always interested me.  The main posters to this forum come from all over the world and speak many languages.  Let's face it,  the people in NYC don't speak the same language as us Santa Cruzians.

What expressions do you use for playing with yourself.  I only know the male ones around here:
Spanking the monkey
pulling the putz
milking the lizard
stroking off
shooting for distance
shower joy
raising handy herman

I'm sure these more, especially in other languages/regions.  Please translate if necessary.

How about the girls?  What cute expressions do you have?

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#2 May 12th, 2005 02:02 PM

liz

Re: All you self-indulgent people

I'm a fan of "jilling off" or just plain "jerking it."

SCSIgirl wrote:

I have a curiosity question since 'where words come from' (etamology) has always interested me.  The main posters to this forum come from all over the world and speak many languages.  Let's face it,  the people in NYC don't speak the same language as us Santa Cruzians.

What expressions do you use for playing with yourself.  I only know the male ones around here:
Spanking the monkey
pulling the putz
milking the lizard
stroking off
shooting for distance
shower joy
raising handy herman

I'm sure these more, especially in other languages/regions.  Please translate if necessary.

"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
            -Emma Goldman

#3 May 12th, 2005 03:44 PM

Manring

Sounds like you're asking for local colloquialisms, which, unfortunately, are rapidly disappearing as movies, literature, television and the ever-increasing blending of various cultures creates an increasingly homogenized world. It is even more apparent in countries where media plays such a huge role.

In my wide wanderings I've heard:

wanking
beating off
pulling your pud
stroking the bishop
fucking the five sisters
whacking off
jerking off
etc

The most memorable, though, has more to do with having an erection than playing with oneself. The first (and only, though I have used it many times myself when the occasion arises) time I heard it from someone else was from a Sears and Roebuck long-haul truck-driver in Cincinnati, as in:

"Man, I had a hard on so bad I didn't have enough skin left to close my eyes..."

I'd be more interested, as a person interested in etymology as well, in where the various words or terms originated and how they were modified and changed over time. No doubt some go back to middle English.

Manring

SCSIgirl wrote:

What expressions do you use for playing with yourself. 

#4 May 12th, 2005 04:36 PM

SCSIgirl

Manring wrote:

Sounds like you're asking for local colloquialisms, which, unfortunately, are rapidly disappearing as movies, literature, television and the ever-increasing blending of various cultures creates an increasingly homogenized world. It is even more apparent in countries where media plays such a huge role.

wanking
beating off
pulling your pud
stroking the bishop
fucking the five sisters
whacking off
jerking off
etc

The most memorable, though, has more to do with having an erection than playing with oneself. The first (and only, though I have used it many times myself when the occasion arises) time I heard it from someone else was from a Sears and Roebuck long-haul truck-driver in Cincinnati, as in:

"Man, I had a hard on so bad I didn't have enough skin left to close my eyes..."

I'd be more interested, as a person interested in etymology as well, in where the various words or terms originated and how they were modified and changed over time. No doubt some go back to middle English.

Manring

FYI - I remember that farm boy joke about not having enough skin.........eyes from the '60s.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#5 May 12th, 2005 05:41 PM

Manring

Yep, that's when I heard it, though told in first person by the truck driver, soon followed by "man, I was just pole-vaulting around the room!"

SCSIgirl wrote:

FYI - I remember that farm boy joke about not having enough skin.........eyes from the '60s.

#6 May 12th, 2005 11:27 PM

wantingscott

SCSIgirl wrote:

Let's face it,  the people in NYC don't speak the same language as us Santa Cruzians.

hahaha!!!  wink

um, we just say "doing a one-off" or "solo run". the people i know, anyway...

wscott

#7 May 12th, 2005 11:29 PM

wantingscott

for oral-sex (female) it's "giving a girlie". male it's "getting the special"...

#8 May 13th, 2005 09:27 AM

zimbonies

I cannot believe that everyone has missed the quote from Gone in Sixty Seconds:

"Yo, so check out my new move, I call it 'The Stranger'.  What I do is I sit on my hand for like 15, 20 minutes, until it goes numb, no feeling at all. And then I rub one out"

A totally horrible American film, but a quote that everyone in my office uses!  "What'd you do last night?  Rub one out?"

smile

"Look at da Chort?!  He's gone mad wit power!"

#9 May 13th, 2005 11:51 AM

SCSIgirl

Manring wrote:

wanking
beating off
pulling your pud
stroking the bishop
fucking the five sisters
whacking off
jerking off
etc

Manring

Jerking off and wanking off!!!  How could I have ever forgotten those???  I must not be "up to it" tonight.  :-}

#10 May 14th, 2005 04:48 AM

voyeur2

and last week from an Aussie:
The breakfast of champions - where you don't even get out of bed.

And in Canada

flog the log.
beat the meat

Have I ever lied to you before?

#11 May 14th, 2005 09:44 AM

SCSIgirl

liz wrote:

I'm a fan of "jilling off" or just plain "jerking it."

My wife belongs to a book writing circle and she posed the question.

'Playing with the goddess'  is all they could come up with.   They believe that women are more romantic and therefore have a straighter view of sex.  it's men that need to distort or re-name things to give them sly innuendo.

Is this true?

#12 May 15th, 2005 01:17 AM

voyeur2

SCSIgirl wrote:

My wife belongs to a book writing circle and she posed the question.

'Playing with the goddess'  is all they could come up with.   They believe that women are more romantic and therefore have a straighter view of sex.  it's men that need to distort or re-name things to give them sly innuendo.

Is this true?

If some womman asked if I wanted to see her playing with her goddess, I would start looking around for the doll collection.  Now if she was going to play with her pink pearl . . .I think I would look elsewhere fer sure.

#13 May 15th, 2005 01:32 AM

Belgareth

voyeur2 wrote:

If some womman asked if I wanted to see her playing with her goddess, I would start looking around for the doll collection.  Now if she was going to play with her pink pearl . . .I think I would look elsewhere fer sure.

There is a lovely expression in a small area of the UK, which I find adorable and it is used by one of my friends. She speaks to "watering her flower" when referring to sexual intercourse and "opening the petals of her flower" when masturbating. Quite poetic I think.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#14 May 17th, 2005 06:10 AM

nwas6uk

My personal favourite is 'shaking hands with the unemployed'. I have to say I prefer 'saying hello to Mrs. Palm and her five lovely daughters' preferable to 'fucking Mrs. Palm'. I had a girlfriend who found the term 'choking your chicken' extremely amusing.

#15 May 17th, 2005 06:27 AM

Gimme_Danger

no one mentioned 'tossing off' or 'pulling the wire'

#16 May 17th, 2005 07:00 AM

wantingscott

did anyone mention "waxing the dolphin"?
or "punching the monkey"?
or "unloading the gun"?
or plainly "stroking it"?

#17 June 2nd, 2005 05:40 AM

trebora

I personally Like beat the little sailor til he pukes

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

#18 June 3rd, 2005 12:09 AM

MrPicMe

churn The Butter!

#19 June 3rd, 2005 12:28 AM

wantingscott

Trebora,

does cum freeze? that would be an interesting experiment...

wscott

BTW: "shakin the penguin"  wink

#20 June 3rd, 2005 03:19 AM

Belgareth

wantingscott wrote:

Trebora,

does cum freeze? that would be an interesting experiment...

wscott

BTW: "shakin the penguin"  wink

Heaven help the Penguins and the Polar Bears at the other end of the world if it freezes before it gets to the outside! Mmmmm - now I know what brass monkeys have to put up with!

#21 June 3rd, 2005 05:35 AM

voyeur2

sperm banks know cum not only freezes, it thaws in working condition even years later.

The balls in brass monkeys are cannon balls.  During the days of sail, they were stored on deck as ready ammunition useing cast iron pyramid frames called 'monkeys'.  Fancier ships used brass monkeys because they shined up so well.  But when extremely cold brass shrinks more than cast iron and the balls fall out.  Hence 'cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.'

rubbing the bacon
pulling the pud

#22 June 3rd, 2005 07:11 AM

Belgareth

voyeur2 wrote:

sperm banks know cum not only freezes, it thaws in working condition even years later.

The balls in brass monkeys are cannon balls.  During the days of sail, they were stored on deck as ready ammunition useing cast iron pyramid frames called 'monkeys'.  Fancier ships used brass monkeys because they shined up so well.  But when extremely cold brass shrinks more than cast iron and the balls fall out.  Hence 'cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.'

Yup, like I said. I know what brass monkeys have to put up with - their balls fall off!

rubbing the bacon
pulling the pud

#23 June 5th, 2005 07:47 PM

DavidBaird

"Bashing The Bishop" is an old favourite in the UK

#24 June 5th, 2005 10:42 PM

Belgareth

DavidBaird wrote:

"Bashing The Bishop" is an old favourite in the UK

Would that be the one from Bath and Wells ;-)

#25 June 24th, 2005 05:26 AM

wantingscott

i was just watching "the chapelle show".
here's a great one:

i beat my dick like it owes me money.

Board footer