#1 February 25th, 2005 04:50 PM

SCSIgirl

Does Freud Rule?

OK,  since everyone is into exploring their inner sanctums at the moment,  howz this for a grey (gray?) matter quiz:

Is the men and motorcycles and the women and horses thing really sexual or is it just that we all like to have fun?  Or is it that we just like to Freudiate everything and feel compelled to explain EVERYTHING sexually?  (I know:  I made that word up).

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#2 February 26th, 2005 04:57 AM

voyeur2

Re: Does Freud Rule?

SCSIgirl wrote:

OK,  since everyone is into exploring their inner sanctums at the moment,  howz this for a grey (gray?) matter quiz:

Is the men and motorcycles and the women and horses thing really sexual or is it just that we all like to have fun?  Or is it that we just like to Freudiate everything and feel compelled to explain EVERYTHING sexually?  (I know:  I made that word up).

Freud is a fraud, women love motocycles for many of the same reason men do.  The aesthetics of the architecture, the chrome, the spare design.  Probably also has to do with the good vibrations. 

Harleys vibrate best.

An ex gf once told me my Norton Commando was the best vibrator she ever rode.

As for horses - no chrome, the exhaust is lumpy and smelly, and feeding the blessed things?  Eats like a horse is a well known phrase. 

Do women also love mucking out stables, bucking around taming wild horses - or is it the fun ride that counts.

Sowing the oats is more fun than feeding them to a horse.

Zen and motorcycle maintenance.

So y'all - stay tall in the saddle.

Have I ever lied to you before?

#3 March 1st, 2005 09:48 PM

philos

Re: Does Freud Rule?

SCSIgirl wrote:

...Is the men and motorcycles and the women and horses thing really sexual or is it just that we all like to have fun?  Or is it that we just like to Freudiate everything and feel compelled to explain EVERYTHING sexually?  (I know:  I made that word up).

Freud believed that being a woman was a form of neurosis, so I'd be careful how you mention him around here!  Luckily, as a scientist he was total crap, so there's no need to believe a word he said about anything.  Surely the appeal of vehicles and horses is the sense of freedom and the thrill of speed.  But I'll make an exception for the E-type Jaguar - remember that one? - a huge metal penis if ever I saw one!

Board footer