#1 December 13th, 2004 02:22 PM

Rabban5667

Download managers?

Is it possible at all to use a download manager to get the zips? It's exceedingly difficult to download any amount of material when one is stuck on a 28.8 modem and can't queue up the downloads for perusal later.

#2 March 4th, 2005 10:55 PM

hallux

Re: Download managers?

Rabban5667 wrote:

Is it possible at all to use a download manager to get the zips? It's exceedingly difficult to download any amount of material when one is stuck on a 28.8 modem and can't queue up the downloads for perusal later.

I asked tech support: and the answer was a disappointing NO. It is a damn nuisance as I don't have much time. Usually download with a download manager when I am asleep. I got fed up and cancelled my subscription.

I feel sorry for you as I am on ADSL and got tired of downloading. It felt like going back to the old times. So am going back to the other sites where I can use it.

Pity. I do enjoy the pics!

#3 March 5th, 2005 08:04 AM

GusTheMynahBird

Rabban5667 wrote:

I managed to download a fair number of folios on a 28.8k modem last year, just using an ordinary web browser. Though I would sometimes leave a few folios downloading overnight. I never had problems, other than the inherent slowness of a 28.8k modem.

#4 March 7th, 2005 12:53 PM

shannon
Administrator

Rabban5667 wrote:

This was covered in a video thread a while back, and some memmers posted download managers that work nicely with ism.  http://www.ishotmyself.com/forums/showt … ht=manager

Board footer