#1 June 20th, 2017 11:02 PM

ashmedi

I'm liking the new change :)

I like the new addition of putting the Artist's Statements for each Folio at the top of that page for the folio ...

I was a bit surprised this morning since I don't speak German,  took me a moment to realize I was seeing the artist's statement and not some glitch lol wink Now it will be easy to always be able to read them regardless of when or how long ago they were uploaded...

Kudos for the addition, and this change works better than the last one when it showed up in a bubble...

Last edited by ashmedi (June 20th, 2017 11:07 PM)

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#2 June 21st, 2017 01:25 PM

Ivy_Jean

Re: I'm liking the new change :)

Hi Ashmedi!

I'm so glad. I've been waiting to see if anyone notices smile small changes for now, but we're getting there!

~ ISM Editor ~

#3 June 21st, 2017 09:47 PM

mori910a

I liked it too once I'd realisd what it was.

Something I'd also like to see, and I've raised before on the forum - could we have a more responsive way to vote on new folios? Personally I'd like to see more folios from most if not all of the new contributors, and would be happy to see those that didn't appeal to me as much again as well - it's a matter of personal taste.

So, could we have a system to rate a folio when it first appears and/or from the current list, by some more flexible rating method?

Even something such as "like, it was ok, didn't appeal to me" would seem to me to be fairer to us who, if they're like me, loved all the contributors folios on the whole and can't decide on just one, and also to the contributors themselves. There must be lots of times when we think the contributor is lovely but the folio isn't that great for instance.

Last edited by mori910a (June 21st, 2017 09:49 PM)

#4 August 18th, 2017 02:10 PM

_hyperballad_

I think a way to engage & express feedback is a good idea. But it's a catch 22... Once you start voting for things there's the inevitable feeling of being judged on your looks. For example I have an extremely wide arse, I think it's an excellent arse & it's epic proportions are nothing but pure glorious-ness BUT it took me a really long time to get to the point where I felt that way. I first contributed to the ISM project 13 years ago & believe it or not I was a very tender, self conscious tiny hyperballad - a 'down voted' folio or any sort of negative feedback would have likely really hurt my oh so very vulnerable feelings.

The inherent flaws of a flexible rating method has the capacity to harm contributors & that's pretty much the opposite of the kind of environment ISM is trying to engender.

I don't know if any sort of rating system fits a business model that aims to empower the contributor.

But.

How else can we encourage feedback/clicks/likes & engagement? When I was first doing folios here there would be dozens of comments & it was suuuuuuuper fucking awesome to go read the words people all over the world wanted to say about ME. I'd love to see that happening again...

#5 August 18th, 2017 04:59 PM

redbird

What I'd like to see (and I think would encourage people to comment more) is a notification system for when someone comments on your shoot or a comment you made on another shoot. I know on the forums you can see when someone has commented, but a more personal alert system would be rad. Pretty much just like facebook I guess. I've got a billion shoots on the site and it makes me anxious when a new one goes up and I find myself obsessively checking it to see if anyone has commented and then get disappointed when no-one has. sad

#6 August 19th, 2017 08:19 AM

ashmedi

redbird wrote:

... but a more personal alert system would be rad. Pretty much just like facebook I guess. (

I have always wished I could just click Like or Love etc just to show someone I had been here, read sometning, and express a quick sentiment wink

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#7 August 23rd, 2017 04:22 PM

_hyperballad_

100% agree. I think a <3 & comments notification would be awesome redbird & ashmedi.

Board footer