#1 August 28th, 2016 02:47 PM

trevor

Editing comments

Dear Head, with respect to posting comments on the folios, I wish one could edit one's comments, mainly to make minor corrections. It is nice to be able to do so in the Forum.

#2 August 31st, 2016 03:27 PM

sondrine

Re: Editing comments

Hey Trevor, thanks for the feedback ! We're currently making plans to update the site (huuuuge job !!) and any suggestions from members are most appreciated.

#3 August 31st, 2016 05:27 PM

Head

If you send in a Help form, we can do that for you.

#4 August 31st, 2016 11:55 PM

trevor

Sondrine, I do appreciate how much work is involved in making changes/additions to software programs.  And Head, I did as you suggested and sent in the Help form.  As I noted there, I don't consider this a significant problem.  I'm appreciative of all the staff does.

#5 September 1st, 2016 10:53 AM

Head

trevor wrote:

Sondrine, I do appreciate how much work is involved in making changes/additions to software programs.  And Head, I did as you suggested and sent in the Help form.  As I noted there, I don't consider this a significant problem.  I'm appreciative of all the staff does.

I actually meant we can edit individual posts for you if you request it via a Help form.

#6 September 1st, 2016 06:57 PM

trevor

Ah, thank you for the clarification.  May I assume that this applies also for when I write a comment for a folio that won't post; that I can send it via the Help support and one of the Feck staff will post it for me?

#7 September 8th, 2016 01:08 PM

sondrine

Hi Trevor,

The reason your comments won't post is probably to do with the words you chose to use. Words such as slut, fat, lick, taste, cunt, ugly, tasty, shave, wet, should, tits, lips, labia, pussy, ass, bitch, titties are all greylisted, which means the comments go into a quarantine filter so we can check up on them before they can be seen. Some of these words may be harmless in the right context, but can be used in negative ways.

For example, something like "You should visit Italy, you would love it" is totally fine, but "You should shave your pussy" is absolutely not. This also applies to the context in which words referring to the vulva are used. Here is a useful insight on the use of the word 'cunt' from Laney on the IFM forum.

Laney wrote:

In my opinion, people who own cunts also own the usage of the word, so I'm most interested to hear from you. People who don't own cunts are also welcome to comment.

As an Aussie, I most often hear this word used as a joking, slang term of endearment eg. "that DJ is a sick cunt".

Secondly, I hear it used as an insult, usually aimed at men eg. "that DJ is a selfish cunt".

Thirdly, I hear it used by women in a sexy/reclaimed sense, to refer to their cunt, eg. "that DJ makes my cunt so wet".
I rarely ever hear/see it used by men to refer to lady bits, or to women generally, but I guess it must happen.

Personally I find its slang usage (sick cunt) funny and cute, not offensive at all. I don't find it offensive when women refer to their pussies as cunts, actually I find it stronger, more of an active term than "pussy", and it's hot. Used by men in reference to women in a neutral (eg. "she touched her cunt") or positive way (eg. "I worship your cunt") isn't offensive to me either.

Used as an insult it is, of course, insulting, but it looks like it's slowly losing its offensive connotations, at least from where I'm standing.

What do you think?

Further reading
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/lauri … -cunt-hint

#8 September 8th, 2016 06:24 PM

trevor

Sondrine, I was just about to post a reply to your comment about blocked forum comments but then thought to check the concerned folios again and discovered that my comments for Bleu and Lola K were in fact finally released from quarantine.  Thank you, very much, pussycat.  You are the best.  You are sunshine and always make me smile.

Last edited by trevor (September 8th, 2016 06:38 PM)

#9 September 13th, 2016 06:51 AM

trevor

Sandrine, Head, what word or phase could possibly be regarded as questionable in my post, Anastasia_L?

#10 September 14th, 2016 03:26 PM

sondrine

Meow, you're welcome.

The phrase "I should think that every man worthy of you" - should. I'd suggest also, that when this happens to avoid opening a post highlighting a problem with the site. It's so flattering and exciting for a contributor to find a forum post dedicated solely to her - best keep it that way.

#11 September 15th, 2016 12:45 AM

trevor

I opened with noting the problem so that the lovely contributor would know that I tried to share the comment with all those who might view her folio.  But in future I will take you advice and then also send in a Help form asking one of your colleagues to add the questioned post.  Thanks again, Sondrine.

Board footer