#1 April 17th, 2016 10:14 PM

Ivy_B

Newbie contributor!

My name is Ivy, and my folio just went live today big_smile I've been so excited about this. It was such a great experience! I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself smile

#2 April 18th, 2016 11:51 AM

Laney
Administrator

Re: Newbie contributor!

Welcome to ISM Ivy!

I love how you expressed different sides of yourself in your shoot - your outgoing, nature loving side on the hiking trail, as well as yourself in your sanctuary, surrounded by plushies, fairy lights and all of your comforts. So unique and beautiful. Thanks for being a part of project ISM! xx

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#3 April 18th, 2016 02:28 PM

Ivy_B

Laney wrote:

Welcome to ISM Ivy!

I love how you expressed different sides of yourself in your shoot - your outgoing, nature loving side on the hiking trail, as well as yourself in your sanctuary, surrounded by plushies, fairy lights and all of your comforts. So unique and beautiful. Thanks for being a part of project ISM! xx

Thank you! I had an amazing time smile I'm glad people are enjoying my folio

#4 April 19th, 2016 01:25 PM

Aven Frey

Hi Ivy!

Great folio! As a fellow hiker I thought you might be interested in this article about how walking stimulates creativity and clear thinking. I do my best thinking when I'm walking alone, I love it!

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/ … s-us-think

#5 April 19th, 2016 03:34 PM

sondrine

Hey Ivy,
Wow your folio is the coolest! Those fairy lights were such an amazing idea, they've made for some eye-catching and artistic shots, and you're absolutely gorgeous!

#6 April 19th, 2016 11:05 PM

Ivy_B

Aven Frey wrote:

Hi Ivy!

Great folio! As a fellow hiker I thought you might be interested in this article about how walking stimulates creativity and clear thinking. I do my best thinking when I'm walking alone, I love it!

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/ … s-us-think

oh awesome! thank you! Very interesting read. I'm like that too. I like to do creative work, like art and writing, mid-hike. Plus hiking is my favourite way to clear my mind smile

#7 April 19th, 2016 11:06 PM

Ivy_B

sondrine wrote:

Hey Ivy,
Wow your folio is the coolest! Those fairy lights were such an amazing idea, they've made for some eye-catching and artistic shots, and you're absolutely gorgeous!

thank you! big_smile

#8 April 20th, 2016 02:12 AM

trevor

Aven, how very nice to see you on the Forum.  It has been a long while.  I too think that walking is the most wonderful thing whether it's purposively for exercise or simply to get from one place to another.  I love that when walking alone one can feel essentially free from all other concerns, stress and pressures.  As I learned from living in the Netherlands, one has to concentrate very carefully on the road when bicyling but not when walking. When running, one is concentrating on one''s pain but not when walking.  When walking one can think and also be diverted by the slowly changing scenery.  If I've waterproof clothing I even like walking in a downpour.  I have the most wonderful memories of walking alone in the middle of the night on railroad tracks along Bellingham Bay in Washington State, looking out at the sea and the San Juan Islands, with a full moon shining above between majestic fir trees and scattered clouds racing in front.  In various cities, I have greatly enjoyed a long walk home after dinner with friends or a concert, opera, ballet or play.  Or walks in the Bay of Islands with the stars overhead ablaze--marvelling at how different the constellations are in the southern hemisphere from the northern.  Walking is such a joy.

#9 April 29th, 2016 12:13 PM

brethard

Ivy_B wrote:

My name is Ivy, and my folio just went live today big_smile I've been so excited about this. It was such a great experience! I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself smile

Ivy, your photos are amazing. Great complexion and tattoos. Terrific work.

#10 May 5th, 2016 08:18 PM

Ivy_B

brethard wrote:
Ivy_B wrote:

Ivy, your photos are amazing. Great complexion and tattoos. Terrific work.

Thank you!! smile

Board footer