#1 July 11th, 2015 07:02 PM

mori910a

Daily photo name wrong!

Hi,

I usually save the daily photos to remind me to go check the contributors folios; the name is coming out as "image.php" at the moment, instead of the date, looks like the PHP script isn't building the proper dated name any more. The dailies are a great idea btw, I've come across quite a few folios I must have missed when they were first published.

Regards, Mori

Last edited by mori910a (July 11th, 2015 07:04 PM)

#2 July 12th, 2015 02:43 PM

Laney
Administrator

Re: Daily photo name wrong!

Hi Mori,

I just tried it out in chrome and IE and there was no problem, the image saved with the date as the file name. Is this the first time you've seen this problem? Please try it today and let me know if it happens again.

I'm glad you like the dailies, we put a lot of effort into selecting nice photos so it's really nice to know they're appreciated smile.

Laney x

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#3 July 13th, 2015 04:21 AM

mori910a

Hi Laney,

it's been showing a file name of 'image.php.jpg' in Firefox for two or three days now, whereas I've just tried Chrome and I get the usual '2015-07-12.jpg'. The tab in Firefox actually shows the correct date version. I can't see any options I might have accidentally changed.

Mori:)

#4 July 13th, 2015 05:58 PM

Laney
Administrator

I just tried it in firefox as well and the file saved automatically with the date as the file name. I have no add-ons or extensions.
fTRWZZJ.jpg

BUT! I tried it again in two of my coworkers computers and the image saved as a .php file as you described. We're going to keep working on this to see what's causing it and how to stop it.

Last edited by Laney (July 13th, 2015 06:09 PM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#5 July 14th, 2015 04:37 AM

mori910a

Thanks. It's not a big deal, but having worked in IT for a long time I know it's always good to be aware when something small is wrong, just in case there's a bigger issue underlying it.

Mori. smile

#6 July 21st, 2015 08:21 AM

mori910a

Sorry to be a pain, but I've also noticed that today's Charlotte_O set actually seems to consist of "Fairygarden", Emi_Lacroix's "in the rushes", and "silk_touch" which doesn't seem to have been officially published yet. All very nice sets, just don't think you meant to do that wink.

Mori.

#7 July 21st, 2015 03:04 PM

Laney
Administrator

Oops! It's fixed now. When stuff like that happens, I usually notice within 10 minutes of getting to work, then three more people will tell me about it while I'm fixing it. But, you know, just more incentive to triple check my work, and it's always possible you'll be the first to notice it.

Our web developer is working on the daily image name problem in firefox. It's got something to do with Java... If you try it again the image should save as imege.php.jpg - not perfect yet but at least you can save the image.

Last edited by Laney (July 21st, 2015 08:43 PM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#8 July 24th, 2015 04:33 AM

mori910a

Eep! This is getting to be a habit. Cello_love has lost it's cello!

Regards, Mori wink

#9 July 24th, 2015 12:02 PM

Laney
Administrator

You can blame the video editor for that. Fixed now!

Last edited by Laney (July 24th, 2015 02:47 PM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#10 July 24th, 2015 02:30 PM

Laney
Administrator

Also isn't it great that the site works perfectly almost all of the time? I think I have rather more of a habit of doing things right, don't you?

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#11 July 24th, 2015 11:11 PM

mori910a

Oh, I think you keep it working great, it can't always be easy. I was actually thinking the habit was mine!

#12 July 25th, 2015 10:26 PM

Laney
Administrator

You're sweet smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#13 August 8th, 2015 06:08 PM

sirgeorge

Laney wrote:

I just tried it in firefox as well and the file saved automatically with the date as the file name. I have no add-ons or extensions.
http://i.imgur.com/fTRWZZJ.jpg

BUT! I tried it again in two of my coworkers computers and the image saved as a .php file as you described. We're going to keep working on this to see what's causing it and how to stop it.

it's not only the daily image, same habit on art prize and editors choice
tab or window shows the correct name, but saving leads to 'view_image.php.jpg' (art prize and editors pick)
or 'image.php.jpg' (daily image)

using firefox 39.0.3 on win7 ultimate

#14 August 21st, 2015 04:39 PM

sirgeorge

sirgeorge wrote:
Laney wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/fTRWZZJ.jpg

it's not only the daily image, same habit on art prize and editors choice
tab or window shows the correct name, but saving leads to 'view_image.php.jpg' (art prize and editors pick)
or 'image.php.jpg' (daily image)

using firefox 39.0.3 on win7 ultimate

problem seems to be fixed, thank you

Board footer