#1 May 23rd, 2015 02:48 AM

trevor

Robin Goodfellow

I jest to Oberon and make him smile
When I a fat and bean-fed horse beguile,
Neighing in likeness of a filly foul....

William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Robin Goodfellow's Autobiographical Statement

I wasn’t born.  I just was.  One moment, nothing, the next, Robin Goodfellow.  Me.  An ageless spirit.  Oberon and Tantania too.  Our existence is not biography but episodes, stories, some connected, most not.  One thing is not much more important than the next.  Oberon is King and lord over the realm but we other spirits are free spirits.  I am with Oberon because it amuses me to amuse him.

As for this man, Will Shakespeare, humans may think he is a creative genius and for them I suppose he is but we know that the spirit of genius is really ours.  I jest to Shakespeare and make him smile when I play a prank in his head, sometimes when he is lying with a lovely maiden—and this takes his mind off the fair sex and makes him limp.  And then I laugh with mirth as he tries to swat me away.  Alas, Will loves us for the wit we give him and the credit the humans give him for it; so, we spirits are rarely in exile from him.  And, in truth, he loves his Puck best of all.  When not playing with the beautiful faeries or with Oberon or causing mischief with the general  population of humans, I often sit on Will’s left shoulder—and spill ink on his pages.

Trevor
(Also known as Puck)

Last edited by trevor (May 23rd, 2015 10:10 PM)

#2 May 27th, 2015 11:48 AM

artemesia

Re: Robin Goodfellow

Truly Robin Goodfellow you do not tell a lie. For as far as muses go, some are seen and some do play a fancy in the mind and hearts of men. Where as one moment you simply came to be, we nymphs felt the folly grow in us until the day when the sun shone in just the right moment, we threw off our clothes and ran to join you in the merry dance.

For truth dear Goodfellow and your elven kin, we do inspire each the other!

#3 May 27th, 2015 04:29 PM

trevor

Re: Robin Goodfellow

Oh my dear sweet Artemesia, thou art like a dew drop sparkling in the early morning sun, giving great joy to all who catch your lively dance and hear your nymphen laughter.  Thou dost indeed inspire...

Your honest Puck

Board footer