#1 April 30th, 2015 06:23 PM

trevor

Musings / bra cups and Cupid

I love that the measure for breast size is denominated in cups, A, B, C, D, DD ("double D", it even sounds delicious)...and beyond.  It is so evocative and erotic---and amusing, with images of heaping and overflowing cupfuls.

In her cups and out of them... wonderful. T'would make a marvelous drinking song with its double entendre. 

I myself have no preference for any particular size and don't quite understand why anyone would.  I love them all from smallest to largest and in all various shapes. I once had a lover who described her small tits as "mosquito bites."  She couldn't have been more wrong; they were as sexy as any large breasts and she was highly aroused by them, as was I.

Which takes me to another age-old subject: can a man and a woman be merely friends?  This was the principle subject of the wonderful comedy, "When Harry Met Sally."

I would love to hear from members about their own emotions and about their observations of others when:

1. Neither the man nor woman has any desire beyond friendship.

2. Only one of the couple wants friendship while the other would like romance.

3. The two were romantically involved but now one wants only friendship.

I suppose one could also discuss the variations where sex is desired but not romantic attachment or the issue of non-exclusive romantic attachment.  To be certain, many books have been written (in all manner of nonfiction and fiction alike).

As for myself, over the years, most of my intimate friends have been women even when I may have wished for more than friendship, as in the second above enumerated situation.

Ideally, like doctors, we all should strive to do no harm and follow the golden rule, "do not do unto others as thou wouldst not have others do unto thee."

#2 May 5th, 2015 07:55 AM

artemesia

Re: Musings / bra cups and Cupid

Discussions on the weekend get-away touched upon this topic. Personally, I have a few male friends who I sense want more, and I have also had male friends with whom I wished to be more intimate with. Mutual respect has made the friendships work, and I also make sure I don't mention too many details of my personal relationship with them, because it would be cruel and unnecessary for them to know how well or not the current intimacy is working out.

I have a delicious friend who makes great comics, and one that sticks out in my mind (though I can't find it online to show it to you because despite being funemployed I do have other things to do) is one where he gives an insight into his perverted mind,it's titled 'How I give gays a bad name." He discreetly sniffs the waiters arm, he imagine's a friend's soul as wall paper etc. I has somewhat a history of unrequited or bad breaking up love stories and I love how the little mundane things - someone's smell or smile, some small gesture can be so romanticised.

Personally, I don't need anyone else, I have me. If I have a friend who I want but doesn't want me, I am quite content to do nice things for them, and have them do nice things for me, without thinking I have the right to fuck them - though it would be nice

This comic is a little bit unrelated but I love Sam, and I love his ideas, and his political background
tumblr_nlquytu4BY1ra83fro1_1280.jpg
from Sam Wallman
http://penerasespaper.tumblr.com/
Go buy his book 'Pen Erases Paper' and meet one of one my old unrequited lovers in it's pages.

Last edited by artemesia (May 5th, 2015 07:56 AM)

#3 May 6th, 2015 02:39 AM

trevor

Artemesia, you are a marvel and marvelous person; most importantly you are very nice.  Are you truly as jolly as your writing?  I suspect you have a loyal and abiding community of friends.

#4 May 6th, 2015 12:15 PM

artemesia

Haha, thanks trevor - that's a sweet compliment. I've got some pretty loyal friends, and a wide array of acquaintances who find the connection with me occasionally worth exploiting. My mates are rad tho x

#5 May 6th, 2015 06:08 PM

sondrine

You're right Trevor, it is a strange unit of measurement, equally erotic as it is amusing !

My favourite boob comparison has got to be the fruit bowl - melons vs mandarines, raspberries vs apples. I recently came across a great project by Charlotte Abramow called THE REAL BOOBS which takes this comparison further, using that classic fruit bowl comparison to inform people that boobs come in all shapes and sizes, not just juicy juicy mangos !

After much discussion, Laney and I have decided that mine would be closest to plums (with lighter areola)
plums
while Laney has rockmelons (positioned further apart)
melons

Personally, I'm not picky, boobs are boobs, I'll take them by the bowlful !
Sondrine ~

#6 May 6th, 2015 08:18 PM

trevor

Oh, how delicious.  Sondrine, I think you and Laney are so wonderful and absolutely delightful.  Thank you both.

Last edited by trevor (May 7th, 2015 10:00 PM)

#7 May 13th, 2015 04:59 PM

sondrine

Trevor, it is an absolute pleasure to come into work everyday and read such lovely comments from you - we often find ourselves at our desks chatting about 'the latest lovely thing Trevor has written.' Whether it be on the forum or a comment on a folio, you always have such a wonderfully endearing way of expressing your admiration. :-)

#8 May 13th, 2015 11:26 PM

trevor

Sondrine, indeed it is admiration from me to you and the others.  Isn't mutual admiration, like love, a wonderful thing?  Thank you, very much.  Let me add, that this forum is very special because it allows wide-ranging discussion--true discussion, not just monologues.   While I haven't made a survey of erotic websites or journals, are there any that have both erotic, highly charged comments along with discussions about vegetables and I don't just mean carrots and figs.  The contributors here are curious about a wide range of things, including subjects new to them.  It's really quite delightful.  Hmm, makes me wish that I could join in on your chats at your desks.  It seems like Feck is a very nice place to work.  The most important thing about a job is the people with whom one works.  (But I do believe I've said that here before.)

Board footer