#1 May 13th, 2014 03:17 PM

Fe3Cman

How did you discover ISM?

I was wondering the other day how you all came to find ISM. I'm kind of directing the question towards both members and contributors. Which leads me on to my next question, how does ISM "recruit" people to shoot themselves. I've never seen any advertisements for ISM, so is it solely word of mouth? Or do I need to get out more?

Ok so I'll start. In 2007 a friend of mine shot herself which led me to this site. Honestly, I initially came for the boobs alone. In particular her boobs given I kind of had a crush on her. Being 18 at the time there wasn't a whole lot else going through my head. Over time I began to see the site from a whole new perspective and here I am today. I really like what ISM has going. So back to the topic, I heard of the site through a friend.

Whats especially mind boggling is that ISM has reached so many corners of the world yet if it wasn't for a friend that contributed I probably would have never heard of the site.

#2 May 13th, 2014 07:40 PM

Elsa_H

Re: How did you discover ISM?

What a fun question! I found out about ISM on a summer night in January this year. I was a bit drunk and walking from one bar to another bar, in the pursuit of more drinks to get more drunk and I saw a little white poster with the words NUDE PHOTO SHOOT, or something to that effect, printed boldly across the top. There were a couple of other bits of information (nothing super specific) and web site details posted down the bottom. I took the number and proclaimed to my friends I was going to do it, for a bit of fun and something different. I went "well that sounds super fun and different and I really dig what these guys are trying to achieve in the world of erotica and the Internet", so I collected my camera and off I went. Now I contribute to ISM, BA and IFM (so stay tuned for some videos from me smile ) and it is so much fun. I thought it would be a one off, cheeky nude shoot, but it's like the more I do, the more I want to do (if that makes sense).

#3 May 14th, 2014 05:16 AM

polaroid

Great question!! Will be genuinely fascinating to hear all the different stories of how everyone (both contributors & members) came to find ISM:) I discovered it through being a member of Abby Winters which was the first site I decided to join years ago (about 2007 I think, when they were still in Australia). I joined AW because I really loved how the photographers & crew were all female, & being totally put off by the whole ethos of mainstream erotica this concept really impressed & intrigued me along with the way that the shoots evolved around photographing people in really naturalistic way, not just through abandoning the use of studios, make up & artificial lighting etc, but also by shooting people often in their own homes, surrounded by their own things, talking about themselves & allowing you a really beautiful glimpse into an individual's unique personality as well as her beauty. I loved how beautiful a message the variety of people of all body shapes sent about body confidence.

I discovered ISM because with AW being an Australian site then, a lot of their models also contributed to ISM & so was really intrigued by what ISM was when I heard about it & as soon as I found it I joined straightaway because it seemed to take to another level of inspiringness absolutely everything I loved about AW, about expressing your physical self as an evocation of personality & how that interacts with the setting someone chooses for their shoot, but mainly because, through contributers becoming the photographer themselves, it seemed to be the ultimate expression of positive body image & body confidence & how incredibly powerful a force for female empowerment sexuality & self expression can be when combined with those things. It's always so incredibly exciting when wonderful ISM people like Devochka & Traci contribute to AW. For example a big thank you to the utterly amazing & beautiful Traci for her wonderful AW shoot recently & for her AMAZING video which, along with the first one she did, I loved so much:) There's just something about the way she talks & the way she smiles that I think is just so engaging & fun & life-affirming & fascinating & the whole time listening to her you just have the warmest & biggest smile:) 

Fe3Cman I loved how you found the site through your friend's boobs (!!) but over time began to discover it from a different perspective, that illustrates so perfectly how powerful the message behind ISM is:)

Elsa I loved your story too, I'm even more in awe of your shoot knowing how you came to find that poster & how random it was that you stumbled across it:) The best things in life always seem to happen for the randommest of reasons...especially when trying to find more drinks!!:) The confidence you had to decide to go for it the very next day after seeing the poster definitely sums up the kind of person I'm trying really hard every day to be, to grab every exciting & life-affirming opportunity & totally embrace it & inspire others through it:):)

Ben

Find your truth. Face your truth. Speak your truth. Be your truth.

#4 May 15th, 2014 02:01 PM

Traci

I originally found out about Feck through just someone talking about it. I was just curious and called up. I found it really interesting and thought how cool it would be to be able to show just my normal self and feel happy with myself. I have a big scar on my stomach and I really wanted to get over thinking it was a problem. By the time I actually chose to take part, I was pretty alright with it, but I really want to bring awareness to the fact that people are not perfect. It was a really massive issue for me back in my teenage years, and it got me thinking, I don't want anyone to feel that they are less than perfect. You can still be just right really, all scars are stories, everything that has happened in your life has brought you to where you are today. And so, it is important for me to show my true self, not some fictional photo-shopped images, just me; scar, misplaced hairs, and my normal self (who may or may not enjoy an occasional slice of cake). I hope people see my images and see that I am not 'perfect' and can still do whatever I like, just like I hope they can. What I really mean is do whatever you want to do, no matter what.

And thank you Ben for your kind words smile That was so lovely to hear!

#5 May 15th, 2014 11:50 PM

polaroid

Hi Traci,

What an amazing story & so uplifting:) I can really relate to so many things you wrote. You're a really inspiring person & from the very first time I saw your photos I've always thought your scar is really beautiful. Truth & imperfection is beauty. The only perfection is uniqueness & imperfection. To be happy we must all learn to flaunt the imperfection. All our scars, physical & emotional, make up who we are. If only we could all learn to wear our scars like we wear a beautiful tattoo, as they are both as much of an expression of the uniqueness & thus beauty of who we are.

Ben

#6 May 16th, 2014 11:15 PM

Elsa_H

Traci, you're such a beautiful gal! No one should ever feel ashamed of scars; they show that you've lived, made mistakes, had experiences! I think they also can potentially be an avenue for education in some instances. I have a couple of clusters of scars on my legs (I'm not sure if they're particularly evident in my shoots, they're quite old and faded now), from a pretty difficult few years I went through when I was a teen. I used to feel quite embarrassed if anyone saw them, but now it doesn't bother me at all - if people ask how I got them I'm really open to discussing it and answering their questions because it's an opportunity for me to help breakdown particular stigmas and stereotypes surrounding mental illness and a lot of misunderstanding that goes along with it. Anyway, the point I was trying to make, is, scars are great!

And Ben, I read a rather cheesy, but relevant quote in a book or magazine not long ago that went 'If it makes you feel like you're going to throw up, it's probably a great idea to do it". A lot of the best things happen when you launch yourself out of your comfort zone. And if whatever it is that you tried doesn't end the way you wanted it too, that's totally fine, because it was still a chance for you to learn

#7 May 17th, 2014 07:31 AM

polaroid

Your scars are beautiful Elsa:) I had noticed them in your photos & like your gorgeous rose tattoo they're a beautiful part of who you are & an outward expression of how all that we go through in life, both the darkness & the light, makes us who we are. There is nothing more powerful & inspirational than what you just shared about how you use people's curiosity about your scars as an opportunity to help break down stigmas & stereotypes about mental health. I've seen people in my life I was very close to struggle with self harm & through being there for them & also as a result of my own struggles with depression & anxiety, have seen up close the damage & pain that results from society's often judgemental & deeply prejudiced attitudes towards mental health, but most of all frustration at how society always seems to avoid talking about mental health when there are such wonderful effects from simply talking & listening & in understanding people's experiences, which is why what you wrote is so important & amazing Elsa & why i'm so glad you shared it, & I totally agree with you when you say that scars are great!!:):)

ps i love the quote you gave!!:) the excitement of living on the edge of your comfort zone & learning to not be afraid to leap out of it whenever the chance comes is a great philosophy for life. Regret nothing dared, life is too precious & too short for regrets. I think it was Nelson Mandela who said about courage being not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.

Ben

#8 May 24th, 2014 02:30 AM

kohen

I was doing some alt modeling for another site and a girl on the site told me about this one.  I went and read what it was all about and was very interested because it was exactly what I was looking for with no luck prior.  I started out on Godsgirls, the girl who told me about ISM was also a GodsGirl but ISM is much more of what I had been hoping to find.  Now you can see ads for ISM on the GG website and I have seen other girls from GG migrate over here.  smile

"Art can never exist without naked beauty being displayed."-William Blake

Newest folio!
http://www.ishotmyself.com/public/view_ … ?g=quicken

#9 June 3rd, 2014 10:56 AM

Laney
Administrator

Hey guys! It's really interesting to hear everybody's stories. I was wondering about newer members - how did you find out about ISM? I'm curious to know if anyone first heard about it on facebook, twitter, vimeo or tumblr.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#10 June 10th, 2014 11:01 AM

Elsa_H

I also kind of want to know if Fe3Cmans friends boobs were as amazing as he dreamed, but I already know that's a silly question, because of course they were! All the ISM boobs are totally hot.

#11 June 10th, 2014 05:56 PM

Laney
Administrator

AMEN to that! I think we can all agree that boobs are great

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#12 July 27th, 2014 12:27 PM

Fe3Cman

I'm back! I let my account lapse while I was overseas but now I'm back in sunny Australia.

Thank you all for your responses! My curiosity has been satisfied. Devochka I had no idea ism was on Facebook, vimeo and other social media.. Might have to check it out.

Elsa, my friends boobs were much better than anticipated. Have a look I'm sure you'll agree, she's Gemma_j on ism.

#13 July 28th, 2014 10:08 AM

Laney
Administrator

Welcome back Fe3Cman, I hope you enjoyed your time overseas smile. Here's ISM on facebook if you haven't already checked it out: https://www.facebook.com/ishotmyself

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#14 July 28th, 2014 09:09 PM

Lena_D

Hello You ! It's been a long time since I had chance to find a drop of internet connexion !! So many adventures... Good to be back for a a moment smile
Love that topic! Good to know what made us having that discussion now !

For me it was by chance. I've tried and I've loved it. Now I think ISM : "oh look at that landscape!! I should come back and do an ISM here! I have to find ideas !!" Ahaha, so nice! And I speak about it to everyone ^^ I explain my little story and how good it is !

Then I've spent some time working in that amazing office. Lovely time with you guys! well, to do such a good job you need such a good team.

Thank you again for that life-changing experience. And be ready to see me again, it is not my last word wink
Lena

#15 July 29th, 2014 02:59 PM

Elsa_H

Welcome back Fe3Cman! I must say I did notice your absence. Where did you jet off to?

Lena, our stories sound pretty similar actually!  Now I also find myself planning shoots in my head when I'm out places - I went walking through some pine forests this weekend and I kept trying to work out how I could make the lighting work to do a shoot in them. And also how I could handle being naked in a freezing cold forest on a huge mountain.

Ps; I can't find Gemma_j! Only Gemma and Gemma C!

#16 July 29th, 2014 10:32 PM

Fe3Cman

Hey Dev! Thanks for the link. I had a great time overseas, any adventure is a good one!

Lena! Good to hear from you again, where have you been adventuring? Finally got to see your video and wow! I had to watch it twice, then once more. You have an amazing voice! And good choice of doing too!

Hey Elsa! It's nice to know my absence was noticed smile I've been all over the place! Phoenix Arizona for a training seminar on investigating air accidents which was beyond awesome! Then to the UK, now back in Perth.

Forests can be awesome for shoots in the right lighting, especially when there is light rays coming through the canopy. I also think misty or foggy setting in a forest would make an awesome set too!

Ahh thanks for pointing that out Elsa! She's just Gemma on ism, she was also on Abbywinters where she was Gemma_j.

Ash

#17 September 23rd, 2014 02:04 PM

Lena_D

Hey Elsa! I'm wondering if I haven't seen you IRL few days ago at the exhibition?! I just went back on your folio to remember your face and I thought 'Hey I've seen her not a long time ago !!!' or maybe my brain is being crazy again, it wouldn't surprise me I have to say smile You're right, our stories are the same and I think it was the best way for us, we're adventuresses! And you're right, most of the time I think about shootings, I'm so excited and suddenly I think : wait, the concept is to be naked, how am I going to do if its freezing/overcrowded/dangerous... And solving the problem is SO nice! And then you're even more proud of your folio, magic!

Ash, I'm very happy to be back in the 'civilized' world (where you don't have to drive a ute on a 20km dirt road to find a drop of wifi...) even if it's only for a little while. I've been travelling a lot in Australia lately, in the far country sides, learning a lot of new stuff about life and about me I have to say! That was pretty amazing. I'm very happy to learn that you watched my video and even more that you liked it so much! Thanks a lot for your lovely feedback it's very very nice of you! Did you go to see the adventure that followed on IFM then? I think it's one of my favourite, with the forest one! And you're right, the forest is just amazing to shoot in and I have to say that you opened my eyes : I've only done a IFM in the forest, not any ISM!!! Thanks for the new idea Ash big_smile

So good to be back around here, feel like home!
Lena

#18 September 27th, 2014 01:32 PM

Elsa_H

Lena, that was me! I thought I saw you too, but I wasn't sure because it was so full of people! It would have been lovely to meet you, maybe next time smile  It's great you've been enjoying your travels and even better to have you back smile

#19 November 19th, 2014 07:03 PM

Jeroen

Well...My search of natural women ended up here. I was always looking for pictures of unshaved girls. There is nothing more erotic than women with more hair here and there. It took me years before I decided to become a member. But a few months ago I finaly did it.
So girls: stop shaving and send pictures to the ISM website!!!!! ;-)

#20 November 20th, 2014 12:38 PM

Laney
Administrator

Welcome to ISM Jeroen! I agree, bushy pubes and body hair is so sexy. It's good to see you on the forum, I hope you enjoy it here smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#21 November 20th, 2014 02:10 PM

Laney
Administrator

Speaking of which I was just looking back over the archive and found Atalanta who has some of the most amazing hair I've ever seen!

view_image.php?g=aerate&f=e28d83ba31b8b96f87e56bb76dbd1.jpg&m=img

view_image.php?g=aerate&f=445ebcf7546022586407c6b6.jpg&m=img

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#22 November 28th, 2014 07:15 PM

Auburn_D

I first heard of the site from pictures that had the ishotmyself watermark on that had been posted on Tumblr. I was intrigued and checked out the site and then spent a few months working on a folio!

#23 December 1st, 2014 10:13 AM

Laney
Administrator

Man I'm so glad you saw our tumblr! Would you like me to put some photos from your folio on there? smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

Board footer