#51 June 7th, 2005 06:13 AM

Torstar

Re: Thank you, thank you!!!

zille wrote:

Really, SCSIgirl -- are you that well hung?!?!  [evil teasing grin]

Like I said before.  (evil teasing grin)

And the third beast came forth from the ground

#52 June 7th, 2005 07:07 AM

zille

liandra_dahl wrote:

She is a girl, isn't she, I think "somehow 'scuzzy guy' just loses all appeal for me" is tacitly implying that she is a girl, isn't it?

Nope.  He is a guy.  He has done several threads in various topics about how his name is a tribute to this super hot "scuzzy girl" he used to work with.

Apparently, he is also rather hung ... [wicked smile]

liandra_dahl wrote:

Ah, back to topic though, Congratualtions Zille on winning the art prize. Despite all the wonderful contributions May saw to ISM and ISM.com blurb writer claiming that there was tough competition, I think it was always a sure thing and you were leagues infront of any competitors. As for the frilly nighty being a last minute gift from a friend, I call that divine intervention.

Ah, sweet Liandra, your words caress my brain (it would be ears, but I am reading this, and I don't know about you, but my eyes don't much like caressing...) and all I can do to thank you properly is to lavish compliments on you.  You adorable creature.  You ravishing vision of a graceful sylph.  You witty and well-spoken gem.  (And on and on....)

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#53 June 7th, 2005 12:54 PM

SCSIgirl

zille wrote:

Nope.  He is a guy.  He has done several threads in various topics about how his name is a tribute to this super hot "scuzzy girl" he used to work with.

Ah, sweet Liandra, your words caress my brain (it would be ears, but I am reading this, and I don't know about you, but my eyes don't much like caressing...) and all I can do to thank you properly is to lavish compliments on you.  You adorable creature.  You ravishing vision of a graceful sylph.  You witty and well-spoken gem.  (And on and on....)

Aw, Z, you blew my cover.....  so to speak.  Here I was going to lure Liandra into a "Crying Game" switch!!!!  Just because she IS so ravishing!!

But as long as the TRUTH is out,  I'll come clean:   I'm really a lesbian trapped in a man's body.  My shrink says I'll just have to live with it.  I ain't gettin no operations!!!

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#54 June 9th, 2005 09:17 AM

Torstar

If I were a woman I'd be gay

And the third beast came forth from the ground

#55 June 10th, 2005 01:34 AM

voyeur2

zille wrote:

I gotta say a couple of things seriously now. 
Liandra has a really sexy brain.  The most eroginous zone of all.
Zille has the sexiest folio I have seen on this site.
It would have been a crime if she did not win, after all the voting I did for her.

But the real question I wanted to ask - it might make an inneresting thread in itself:
As SCSIgirl (and a GREAT handle it is) does he get a different kind of response on his posts than he might if he had a clearly male handle? 
How many ppl here have posed as the opposite sex to gauge reaction or response? 
Were the reactions interesting?

Have I ever lied to you before?

#56 June 10th, 2005 04:53 AM

zille

voyeur2 wrote:

I gotta say a couple of things seriously now. 
Liandra has a really sexy brain.  The most eroginous zone of all.
Zille has the sexiest folio I have seen on this site.
It would have been a crime if she did not win, after all the voting I did for her.

Hehehe, (not LOL!) thanks for all that voting!  Winning the art prize made me so incredibly happy!

And, yes, what you say about Liandra is true.  I oft times find myself looking at her folios or videos and wondering which is sexier ... brain?  eyes?  brain?  lips?  brain?  sweet round ass?  brain?  plump juicy labia?  brain?  beautiful tattoos?  brain...?  It is a terrible dilemna!!!  [huge grin]

voyeur2 wrote:

But the real question I wanted to ask - it might make an inneresting thread in itself:
As SCSIgirl (and a GREAT handle it is) does he get a different kind of response on his posts than he might if he had a clearly male handle? 

Well, I think this question does not apply much to the women ... on the internet, it is mostly men pretending to be women (which I find an interesting turn-around to when women had to have male pen-names to be published!)  The only time I could see myself posing as a male would be to go into a gay chat room and have rugged gay sex (bath-house scene anyone?) with the other people in there (who might be gay guys, straight guys going gay for the night, other women who think gay man are hot, etc.)  I do love the internet for that reason!

#57 June 10th, 2005 07:24 AM

voyeur2

[QUOTE=zille]Hehehe, (not LOL!) thanks for all that voting!  Winning the art prize made me so incredibly happy!

fun aside - well its fun just writing here to this forum.  I have to say I am amazed sometimes by what I have seen here.  It's not the skin or shape of breasts, vaginas or anything like that. For me it ha always beenn about who the artist is, and who comes to the gallery.

So I read the forums and I read all the artist statements.  I look at most of the pics too.  You and LD have really followed your heart's desires in a courageous way.  It takes balls (in a metaphorical sense) to be who you are.

I celebrate your individual courage, and in the same way I admire the spirit of the other young women coming to this site to be themselves.  It has been an education to me, and a humbling experience too, when I think of myself and the 'radical dude' I thought I was so many years ago.

I am going to disappear this month, for many reasons.  But as Arnold Schwartzenegger said - "I'll be Back"

#58 June 10th, 2005 09:15 AM

zille

voyeur2 wrote:

I am going to disappear this month, for many reasons.  But as Arnold Schwartzenegger said - "I'll be Back"

Oh dear -- I hope all is okay!

I'll be one of the first to say, "Welcome back!" upon your return (since we never have enough nice, polite, well-spoken, thoughtful people!)

#59 June 11th, 2005 05:24 PM

SCSIgirl

voyeur2 wrote:

>>> sinpped for brevity<<<

I had to ponder this myself before answering.  Maybe a brief(?) history?  Back when the Internet was a military vehicle,  and the only micro available was the Apple ][,  a couple of friends talked me into joining an adult BBS  (whose name I forgot)  based in South San Jose.  I joined under the NIC of ScuzzyG.  The G was the first initial of my friend's name.

One of the regular buffoons on the BBS went by the NIC of Azreal.  He was very articulate and enjoyed belittling others. (Sound familiar?)  One day he targeted one of the women who had prompted me to join with some very chauvinistic banter.  Naturally, I flamed him.  I still remember his response:

"Hey, Scuzzy girl,  quit swinging your tits around like a fat dyke".  At first I was really pissed because he flamed someone who I love and respect and why had he drawn her into the fight?  After thinking about it I realized he couldn't possibly know about Scuzzy.  Then it dawned on me:  He thought I was a woman and the G stood for Girl!!  So I responed that 'maybe he could use a couple of 50-pound tits up the side of his head.  It might knock some sensibility into him.'

Well, it escalated from there and I quit the BBS.  After all: I have to go out into the world to slay dragons all day long.  I don't want to come home and fight again.  Life is for grins.

When I moved into Usenet,  I modified the name to SCSIgirl because it sounded a little more respectfull.  I will say from experience,  in the newsgroups,  I used both SCSIgirl and a more masculine nic. I received far less flames and jabs as SCSI than I did as a man.  And I'm doing this for fun.  No other lofty cause.

When ISM came along,  I decided to stick with SCSI so as to not offend anyone with my offhand and perverse humor.  The only one to ask was Zille in a private message.  I told her the truth right away and she still accepted my flowers.  I'm not trying to fool anyone,  just have a good time.

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#60 June 11th, 2005 06:14 PM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

I had to ponder this myself before answering.  Maybe a brief(?) history?  Back when the Internet was a military vehicle,  and the only micro available was the Apple ][,  a couple of friends talked me into joining an adult BBS  (whose name I forgot)  based in South San Jose.  I joined under the NIC of ScuzzyG.  The G was the first initial of my friend's name.

One of the regular buffoons on the BBS went by the NIC of Azreal.  He was very articulate and enjoyed belittling others. (Sound familiar?)  One day he targeted one of the women who had prompted me to join with some very chauvinistic banter.  Naturally, I flamed him.  I still remember his response:

"Hey, Scuzzy girl,  quit swinging your tits around like a fat dyke".  At first I was really pissed because he flamed someone who I love and respect and why had he drawn her into the fight?  After thinking about it I realized he couldn't possibly know about Scuzzy.  Then it dawned on me:  He thought I was a woman and the G stood for Girl!!  So I responed that 'maybe he could use a couple of 50-pound tits up the side of his head.  It might knock some sensibility into him.'

Well, it escalated from there and I quit the BBS.  After all: I have to go out into the world to slay dragons all day long.  I don't want to come home and fight again.  Life is for grins.

When I moved into Usenet,  I modified the name to SCSIgirl because it sounded a little more respectfull.  I will say from experience,  in the newsgroups,  I used both SCSIgirl and a more masculine nic. I received far less flames and jabs as SCSI than I did as a man.  And I'm doing this for fun.  No other lofty cause.

When ISM came along,  I decided to stick with SCSI so as to not offend anyone with my offhand and perverse humor.  The only one to ask was Zille in a private message.  I told her the truth right away and she still accepted my flowers.  I'm not trying to fool anyone,  just have a good time.

I can't say that my own experiences have been quite so hellraising but I did join a site about four years ago where the only available nic, with which I felt comfortable, was Charlie. I spent the first couple of months answering the most peculiar messages, until I realised that the rest of the site assumed that my nic was a diminutive of Charlene! I felt obliged to inform everyone that I was male and I was immediately flamed by a whole host of guys for making them look like complete idiots.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#61 June 11th, 2005 07:45 PM

voyeur2

Belgareth wrote:

I can't say that my own experiences have been quite so hellraising but I did join a site about four years ago where the only available nic, with which I felt comfortable, was Charlie. I spent the first couple of months answering the most peculiar messages, until I realised that the rest of the site assumed that my nic was a diminutive of Charlene! I felt obliged to inform everyone that I was male and I was immediately flamed by a whole host of guys for making them look like complete idiots.

I am a curious type of guy, and once was an OP on an IRC chat room called Sub Hospital.  Sa you can imagine there was a lot of scening, and a lot of subs showing up for 'treatment'.  We 'docs' and 'nurses' had our own specialties and it was great fun for a while.  As an OP I vetted incoming patients to try  them for age qualification, and actual sex was fairly easy to spot, as well as youth.  My view was if they could fake adult well enough to fool me, they were adult enough for our site.  Poseurs were as easy. They had a different attitude, and a different agenda, usually.  Being hetero, I handed the poseur males off to others who got off on abusing  trans sexuals.  I preferred dealing with women closer to my own age.  Richer minds.  More life experience, more interesting 'case histories' for Dr. Head.

#62 June 12th, 2005 02:55 AM

zille

voyeur2 wrote:

I am a curious type of guy, and once was an OP on an IRC chat room called Sub Hospital.  Sa you can imagine there was a lot of scening, and a lot of subs showing up for 'treatment'.  We 'docs' and 'nurses' had our own specialties and it was great fun for a while.  As an OP I vetted incoming patients to try  them for age qualification, and actual sex was fairly easy to spot, as well as youth.  My view was if they could fake adult well enough to fool me, they were adult enough for our site.  Poseurs were as easy. They had a different attitude, and a different agenda, usually.  Being hetero, I handed the poseur males off to others who got off on abusing  trans sexuals.  I preferred dealing with women closer to my own age.  Richer minds.  More life experience, more interesting 'case histories' for Dr. Head.

Ooooooh!   That sounds kinky!   big_smile

#63 June 12th, 2005 04:52 AM

voyeur2

zille wrote:

Ooooooh!   That sounds kinky!   big_smile

It depends on what you think is kink.  You might have wanted to drop in for a little treatment.  In my 'office' I tried to interview the 'patients' and find out what made them tick.  I made my best effort to come up with a scenario that rang their chimes  I found a very wide variety of kinks, and an astonishingly honest report on age, body size and type.  A degree of honesty I supposed was in part due to the anonymity of the process, but also I think an acceptance of who they were.  The poseurs, on the other hand tended to be 'perfect 38, 24 39 DD' and arrived in from the 'street' nearly nude and always shaved.

It sometimes was quite a trip, but I had a wide variety of 'scripts' prepared to enable one handed typing.

#64 June 12th, 2005 05:12 AM

Belgareth

voyeur2 wrote:

It sometimes was quite a trip, but I had a wide variety of 'scripts' prepared to enable one handed typing.

And you a SysOp - shame on you Sir. You are supposed to remain detatched, like our shining example of Head, who never gets involved, or aroused by anything on ISM :-D

#65 June 12th, 2005 08:44 AM

voyeur2

Belgareth wrote:

And you a SysOp - shame on you Sir. You are supposed to remain detatched, like our shining example of Head, who never gets involved, or aroused by anything on ISM :-D

Hmmm
SysOp - yeah, and that was early days.  But I had my shift as OP and my shifts as DrHead.  You can have your cake and eat it too.  As for Head, if there is no occasional arousal, then Head is a Robot in the Azimov tradition.  Head is actually an artist.  A much more refined place to be on the Wheel Of Karma / Wheel Of Life.

#66 June 13th, 2005 06:48 AM

SCSIgirl

Belgareth wrote:

SYsOp!!  Boy, there's a term I haven't heard in a coons age!  Not since BBS.  We're dating our selves.  Here's another long lost term:  remember 'baud'?  Somewhere in the dead stroage, I have an original Bell 101 modem.  150 baud, simplex.  That things gotta be worth something nowadays.

#67 June 13th, 2005 07:33 AM

Belgareth

SCSIgirl wrote:

SYsOp!!  Boy, there's a term I haven't heard in a coons age!  Not since BBS.  We're dating our selves.  Here's another long lost term:  remember 'baud'?  Somewhere in the dead stroage, I have an original Bell 101 modem.  150 baud, simplex.  That things gotta be worth something nowadays.

I did choose SysOp purposely, just to find out how many people in here would respond, other than v2 and our lovely contributors, none of whom are anywhere near old enough to remember.

What do you mean, baud is a long lost term, I still use it because there isn't another word which means quite the same thing. It is a measurement of frame speed, which is not the same as the data rate. A modern modem runs at 56Kbaud (Kbits/sec) but the maximum uncompressed data rate is approx 4.5Kbytes/sec. Oops, sorry I got carried away!

I wonder how many of you were into mainframes with 8k of ferrite core memory, punch cards and  teletype? Before you ask, the only valves I played with were used in amplifiers but I did start at a very early age!

God this must be boring the pants off everyone else, with the possible exception of Zille, who tells us that she has already removed hers due to the warm weather ;-)

#68 June 13th, 2005 08:24 AM

trebora

My first modem was a 1200 baud.  You actually had to put the reciever on the modem.  I remember PC repair using a multimeter, oscope and soldering iron.  I never played on a mainframe though.  Its funny when you think about it.  Someone 10 years older than me remebers PC's comming out.  Someone 10 years younger probably doesn't remeber not having a GUI.

The first computer I remember in our house was a VIC-20.  It was hooked up to the console TV in the living room (one of those tvs that made that clunk noise as you changed the channel and the remote was my dad telling me to change the channel) We had a tape drive to load programs,  it looked just like a regular tape recorder. 

Strange memory poping into my head.  Back in school when i was punished with writting some silly phrase hundreds of times and being able to convince my teachers that I should be able to do it on the computer so i could practice my typing too.  I actually got away with that a bunch of times. 5 or 6 lines of code to do it and then trying to make sure the printer didn't jam up.

I doubt you could get away with that nowadays.

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

#69 June 13th, 2005 06:19 PM

zille

Belgareth wrote:

(...)

I wonder how many of you were into mainframes with 8k of ferrite core memory, punch cards and  teletype? Before you ask, the only valves I played with were used in amplifiers but I did start at a very early age!

God this must be boring the pants off everyone else, with the possible exception of Zille, who tells us that she has already removed hers due to the warm weather ;-)

All I am wearing right now is a towel -- and oh, no, not bored at all ... this kind of talk gets me all hot and bothered.

My partner is lying beside me and has this to say,

"Have you ever worked on an HP 2000 (was it called a mini-computer?!) and if you did do you remember how much memory it had -- it wasn't much more than 8K! -- I remember them showing us the ferrite cores in the thing and everybody going 'Wowwwww!'..."

I have now had ferrite cores explained to me a great and intricate detail.

Excuse me -- I need to go have sex now!

#70 June 13th, 2005 06:27 PM

Manring

Yep, Belgareth, I started as a keypunch operator, entering all sorts of data for my high school, at an off-site location downtown in a room full of keypunch machines. Quite a long stretch of data management evolution since then, eh?

Belgareth wrote:

#71 June 13th, 2005 07:02 PM

voyeur2

Belgareth wrote:

I did choose SysOp purposely, just to find out how many people in here would respond, other than v2 and our lovely contributors, none of whom are anywhere near old enough to remember.

What do you mean, baud is a long lost term, I still use it because there isn't another word which means quite the same thing. It is a measurement of frame speed, which is not the same as the data rate. A modern modem runs at 56Kbaud (Kbits/sec) but the maximum uncompressed data rate is approx 4.5Kbytes/sec. Oops, sorry I got carried away!

Here is a bit of resume computing wise.  I worked on mainframes (IBM360) doing procedures manuals and accruacy surveys recarding the data input.  I learned BASIC on a PET mini, and my first PC was a Sinclair with the 16K memory upgrade.  My first real PC cost more than any other I have ever owned and ran on 2 floppies.  My first modem was 1200 Baud.  My first 'winchester' was 10 meg.
I used to have a steam powered 8 inch floppy drive, and yep old gear is collectible.

Thanx for the memories

#72 June 14th, 2005 12:21 AM

SCSIgirl

voyeur2 wrote:

Here is a bit of resume computing wise.  I worked on mainframes (IBM360) doing procedures manuals and accruacy surveys recarding the data input.  I learned BASIC on a PET mini, and my first PC was a Sinclair with the 16K memory upgrade.  My first real PC cost more than any other I have ever owned and ran on 2 floppies.  My first modem was 1200 Baud.  My first 'winchester' was 10 meg.
I used to have a steam powered 8 inch floppy drive, and yep old gear is collectible.

Thanx for the memories

They were steam powered????  No wonder the "add water" light kept coming on!

I still have a drawer full of 5-1/4s. I had bought a case 'cause I never thought the Sony 3-1/2s would ever catch on.

I have so many unfond memories of my second computer,  an ATT 286.  It ran nothing without jamming up.  Eventually 'WordPerfect' and 'Visicalc' made editions just for it.  And it only cost a delightfull $5000.oo.

#73 June 14th, 2005 12:24 AM

SCSIgirl

zille wrote:

All I am wearing right now is a towel -- and oh, no, not bored at all ... this kind of talk gets me all hot and bothered.

"Have you ever worked on an HP 2000 (was it called a mini-computer?!) and if you did do you remember how much memory it had -- it wasn't much more than 8K! -- I remember them showing us the ferrite cores in the thing and everybody going 'Wowwwww!'..."

OOooooo.....  I still have original Apple ][ ferrite rings for the hard drives.  They are just finger size too!!

Can I lure you with Ferrite?

#74 June 14th, 2005 02:48 AM

Belgareth

trebora wrote:

My first modem was a 1200 baud.  You actually had to put the reciever on the modem.  I remember PC repair using a multimeter, oscope and soldering iron.  I never played on a mainframe though.  Its funny when you think about it.  Someone 10 years older than me remebers PC's comming out.  Someone 10 years younger probably doesn't remeber not having a GUI.

The first computer I remember in our house was a VIC-20.  It was hooked up to the console TV in the living room (one of those tvs that made that clunk noise as you changed the channel and the remote was my dad telling me to change the channel) We had a tape drive to load programs,  it looked just like a regular tape recorder. 

Strange memory poping into my head.  Back in school when i was punished with writting some silly phrase hundreds of times and being able to convince my teachers that I should be able to do it on the computer so i could practice my typing too.  I actually got away with that a bunch of times. 5 or 6 lines of code to do it and then trying to make sure the printer didn't jam up.

I doubt you could get away with that nowadays.

I doubt that it could be achieved in the present day but the stunts that are pulled are just a crafty and no more subtle to anyone with any IT skills.

#75 June 14th, 2005 03:05 AM

Belgareth

zille wrote:

I have come across some strange aphrodisiacs in my time but never this subject. I can't remember a single instance of becoming "hot and bothered" by an old computer. However, Mr. Gates manages to achieve that effect all the time with an odd bit of software called Windows.

Of course I remember the HP 2000 series and if my recollection is accurate the first ones had 16K of non-volatile ferrite core and I am so pleased that ferrite core was superceded. The memory platens were built by hand and they had hundreds of oriental girls (men's hands were too big) threading three wires through the holes in of thousands of pin-head sized rings, just so we techies to have fun. At least the modern machines are built by machines.

I'm pleased to see that this discussion didn't take priority over a much more enjoyable pastime ;-)

Board footer