#26 May 7th, 2005 01:00 PM

zille

Re: Thank you, thank you!!!

Thanks, Jayhammer -- hearing that gave me the warm fuzzies!  I'll be shooting the reload (plus video!) shortly!  big_smile

~See more of me at http://zilledefeu.com

#27 May 31st, 2005 06:29 PM

jacqui

Hi Zille,

so how bout this shoot? your thoughts? sock it to me.

x
jacqui

#28 June 1st, 2005 12:23 PM

zille

Yay!  Let's do one with palm trees in the background, so members in cooler climes can enjoy us CA girls!  big_smile

#29 June 1st, 2005 02:56 PM

trebora

As one of those in the cold climes I know I'd like that.  Beautiful women plus greenery.  Lots of warm thoughts there

---
One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity
---

#30 June 1st, 2005 10:31 PM

wantingscott

Mcmurdo Antarctica???!!!???   holy cow!!! are you part of a scientific adventure?
please, tell us more. i am instantly fascinated....

Scott

#31 June 1st, 2005 10:56 PM

SCSIgirl

wantingscott wrote:

Mcmurdo Antarctica???!!!???   holy cow!!! are you part of a scientific adventure?
please, tell us more. i am instantly fascinated....

Scott

Not much different than a NY winter, is it?

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#32 June 1st, 2005 11:51 PM

wantingscott

well, lets see:
i have-
1. cable TV
2. running hot water
3. a Starbucks coffeehouse every 3 blocks

i'd say it's much different!!!  wink

#33 June 2nd, 2005 01:09 AM

trebora

Adventure, yeah...scientific, well if you consider us the lab rats I'd go along with that.

Like New york in the winter...hmmm....yeah its the same but completely different.  Weather wise its mostly cold and windy.  The windchill tommrow is supposed to be -62c/-80f.  But its a dry cold.  We dont get snow like in the States.  Snow here is like sand.  Really cold sand. 

In some ways its like living in a small town in the middle of nowhere.  The food is caffeteria.  You don't know what I'd do for a pizza right now.    The living arrangements are just like at a college dorm.  And not one of those nice college dorms like they have nowadays either.  We have 2 bars (1 smoking 1 non smoking)  Three if you count the coffee house.  They serve wine and suprisingly enough coffee.  We have a small store that sells essentials, snacks and such.

You have to remeber that familiarity breeds contempt.  This is one of the most amazing places to be and to me its like groundhogs day.  But then like tonight I was walking down to my workshop and the Southern lights were nice and bright and amazing to see and it took my breath away. 

If you want a good idea of what i would see once the sun comes back up in aug just watch empire strikes back.  This place is Hoth.

well I've been awake for close to 28 hours now and T3 is setting in (lack of sunlight makes you stupid...thats the unscientific way of putting it) so I'm off to bed

---
---

#34 June 2nd, 2005 01:40 AM

wantingscott

wow. i have a huge world map on the wall at my home office. i'll have to find your town...

BTW- what do you call yourselves down there "Antarcticans?"

#35 June 2nd, 2005 02:07 AM

trebora

Look south of New Zealand for the ross sea.  Mcmurdo is actualy on ross island

Actually most of us here are Americans.  We have a couple Kiwi's, a scot, a couple Brits, a Bermudian and an american who worked many years in canada to round out the commonwealth.  Scott base which is just up the road(relative term...I've seen backwoods roads in the mountains that have a better claim to the name) is the New Zealand base and they are mostly Kiwis with a few other commonwealth types thrown in.

If you want to completly biased workers view of here look at bigdeadplace.com
I'd start of with the welcome to the program link

---
---

#36 June 2nd, 2005 04:19 AM

wantingscott

hahaha!!!!
i'll go for the "Congressional Points Package"!!!

#37 June 3rd, 2005 05:13 PM

SCSIgirl

zille wrote:

Yay!  Let's do one with palm trees in the background, so members in cooler climes can enjoy us CA girls!  big_smile

Can I hold the camera???    I make a good tripod.....  :-}

"Apple of my Eye", "bated breath", "brave new world", "caught red-handed" - all coined by Shakespeare.

#38 June 5th, 2005 04:14 AM

Gimme_Danger

Well done Zille...you made the Art Prize!!! Wooo!!!

#39 June 5th, 2005 05:14 PM

zille

Thanks!  I'm so happy and excited about it!  I got so much awesome feedback (and since, have met such cool people) that this is really just the icing on the cake!

Lovely icing, however ... [grins]

#40 June 5th, 2005 05:15 PM

zille

SCSIgirl wrote:

Can I hold the camera???    I make a good tripod.....  :-}

Really, SCSIgirl -- are you that well hung?!?!  [evil teasing grin]

#41 June 5th, 2005 05:38 PM

Belgareth

zille wrote:

Really, SCSIgirl -- are you that well hung?!?!  [evil teasing grin]

Nah! He holds camera in one hand and plants two feet and one hand on the floor - at least I hope that's what he intended. If he can do as you suggest - he's got no competition from anyone that I've ever known!!!!!

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#42 June 5th, 2005 11:01 PM

markus_av

Zille,
   the pink nitey was a nice touch. very sexy!  there's something about the way a frilly nitey hangs on a woman that is so attractive to me. some of the sexiest pics are ones that leave a little (just a little, mind you) to the imagination.

regards,
Markus

#43 June 6th, 2005 02:04 AM

zille

markus_av wrote:

the pink nitey was a nice touch. very sexy!  there's something about the way a frilly nitey hangs on a woman that is so attractive to me. some of the sexiest pics are ones that leave a little (just a little, mind you) to the imagination.

Hi Markus,

Thanks -- and I was lucky, a friend of mine handed me the nighty and said, "Here, you need to shoot in this!" right before I did the ISM shoot, so it really all just came together amazingly!

I agree with you 100% -- leaving a bit to the imagination is just way sexier than letting it all hang out.  Many people do not seem to agree with us on this, so it is lucky that I am not at all shy, but I do like to always add in some shots for the people who like to have their imaginations teased and stimulated a bit...

#44 June 7th, 2005 02:15 AM

wantingscott

Belgareth wrote:

Nah! He holds camera in one hand and plants two feet and one hand on the floor - at least I hope that's what he intended. If he can do as you suggest - he's got no competition from anyone that I've ever known!!!!!

first- Zille- way to go!!!

second- i thought SCSIgirl was a girl. i'm having trouble guessing what genders are some members (not that it matters...) but the ambiguity is fascinating...

wscott

#45 June 7th, 2005 03:36 AM

SCSIgirl

wantingscott wrote:

second- i thought SCSIgirl was a girl. i'm having trouble guessing what genders are some members (not that it matters...) but the ambiguity is fascinating...

wscott

Somehow, "Scuzzy Guy"  just looses all appeal for me.

#46 June 7th, 2005 04:19 AM

wantingscott

so wait, under that reasoning, maybe i should be "labial", or something... wink

#47 June 7th, 2005 06:01 AM

liandra_dahl

wantingscott wrote:

wscott

She is a girl, isn't she, I think "somehow 'scuzzy guy' just loses all appeal for me" is tacitly implying that she is a girl, isn't it?

Ah, back to topic though, Congratualtions Zille on winning the art prize. Despite all the wonderful contributions May saw to ISM and ISM.com blurb writer claiming that there was tough competition, I think it was always a sure thing and you were leagues infront of any competitors. As for the frilly nighty being a last minute gift from a friend, I call that divine intervention.

#48 June 7th, 2005 06:09 AM

Belgareth

liandra_dahl wrote:

She is a girl, isn't she, I think "somehow 'scuzzy guy' just loses all appeal for me" is tacitly implying that she is a girl, isn't it?

Ah, back to topic though, Congratualtions Zille on winning the art prize. Despite all the wonderful contributions May saw to ISM and ISM.com blurb writer claiming that there was tough competition, I think it was always a sure thing and you were leagues infront of any competitors. As for the frilly nighty being a last minute gift from a friend, I call that divine intervention.

Welcome back Liandra!

Me thinks that SCSIGirl is a guy - at least that person addresses this forum in a male manner - but I could be wrong.

I agree that the frilly nighty was divine - whether by intervention or design.

[color="Red"]require "help.pl";[/color]

#49 June 7th, 2005 06:10 AM

Torstar

Maybe it's time the guys stood up to the plate.

And the third beast came forth from the ground

#50 June 7th, 2005 06:11 AM

Torstar

wantingscott wrote:

so wait, under that reasoning, maybe i should be "labial", or something... wink

Maybe it's time the guys stood up to the plate

And the third beast came forth from the ground

Board footer