#1 December 17th, 2015 04:22 AM

momerath

zip file downloading

Hi Laney,
I don't know if it's just me, but the latest two updates won't let me download as zip files. I get an error message instead. Any folio prior to these works fine.
Any tips?
Thanks!

#2 December 17th, 2015 06:26 AM

mori910a

Re: zip file downloading

I'm getting it too: An error occured from gen0001 outputting mkdir /home/ishot/web_ism4//tmp_zip/5d8057638e0ff93ab27fde98438d7006

#3 December 17th, 2015 08:56 AM

Laney
Administrator

Thanks for letting me know, it's fixed now.

Last edited by Laney (December 17th, 2015 09:35 AM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#4 December 17th, 2015 09:37 AM

mori910a

Seems to be working OK now, thanks for the prompt action smile.

#5 December 17th, 2015 03:07 PM

momerath

Thanks, Laney! Appreciate your efficiency!

#6 December 18th, 2015 08:08 AM

mori910a

The download speed is down to about 60Kb today however.... sad

#7 December 18th, 2015 12:26 PM

ashmedi

mori910a wrote:

There are approx 20 to 40 servers between you and the ISM server... If any of those servers has a problem it causes a slowdown...
It is not an ISM problem and all you can do is ride it out til it self corrects... That could take from 1 to 14 days...
I am also running slow today, a week ago IFM was running slow, now it's better...   Patience is the only answer...
You could run a DOS command called TRACERTE but all that will do is pinpoint the possible IP address of the problem server... It won't let you fix anything, nor will it tell you how to contact that server or its admins to report it...   Patience,  and wait for it to correct...

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#8 December 19th, 2015 05:20 AM

mori910a

ashmedi wrote:
mori910a wrote:

There are approx 20 to 40 servers between you and the ISM server... If any of those servers has a problem it causes a slowdown...
It is not an ISM problem and all you can do is ride it out til it self corrects... That could take from 1 to 14 days...
I am also running slow today, a week ago IFM was running slow, now it's better...   Patience is the only answer...
You could run a DOS command called TRACERTE but all that will do is pinpoint the possible IP address of the problem server... It won't let you fix anything, nor will it tell you how to contact that server or its admins to report it...   Patience,  and wait for it to correct...

Hi Ashmedi,

I wasn't blaming ISM for the slow speed, just saying they were slow on the off chance they didn't know. Having worked 25 years in IT in a previous life, I know one of the biggest problems in correcting problems is when no one tells you there's a problem! wink

Mori

Board footer