#1 November 9th, 2015 08:23 AM

trevor

Lively or not, here I am.

Alas, this forum is as lively as the nightlife in Mataranka.

#2 November 9th, 2015 09:43 AM

Laney
Administrator

Re: Lively or not, here I am.

Wow, of all the places in the world, I never expected you to have been to Mataranka! From memory, the only things awake at night in Mataranka are plagues of cane toads!

But I do apologize about my absence from the forum. I really don't mean to be rude. I'll start reading and contributing to it more.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#3 November 9th, 2015 02:08 PM

Skyhawk

Welcome back, Laney.
We were beginning to worry about you.  wink

#4 November 9th, 2015 06:11 PM

trevor

That will be so lovely and lively Laney.  Thank you.  I have indeed missed your sweet, kind and gracious presence.  I do think working in your office would be a dream.  At least from the outside, you seem like a very thoughtful, congenial and noncompetitive group.  Kisses from Rome to all of you.

Now for a confession, I've never been to Mataranka.  I could just as well have said "as lively as Rome in August"--which is when all Romans who can escape to the sea or mountains.  But I didn't think the reference would be as meaningful to you beautiful Aussies.

#5 November 17th, 2015 09:12 AM

trevor

I'm beginning to think Mataranka must actually be livelier.  Sigh.

#6 November 18th, 2015 12:56 PM

Laney
Administrator

Sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between editing, scheduling and uploading every ISM folio and image on the site, posting on the IFM forum and IShotMyself facebook page and all of the other things that fill my work days it's really hard for me to find time to post here. I'm also longsighted and have always strained to read the tiny text on this forum. Please forgive me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Laney (November 18th, 2015 12:59 PM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#7 November 18th, 2015 07:54 PM

trevor

Laney, dahling, please you have no need to apologise.  I at least am completely understanding.  This certainly was a lively day in the ISM forum and the liveliness ought not depend upon any one person.  Of course, two people can keep up a good banter and share ideas but then those two might as well just carry on privately outside the forum.  (Sometimes, I think it would be nice to have such a way to do that here but I understand the reasons why ISM might not consider that desireable.)  I think there would be more participation were there to be no monitoring of the contributions but that, I feel certain, would be a disaster to the quality of both the Forum and ISM. Such free-for-all forums and blogs usually are quickly degraded by mean, vulgar and hateful comments--even discussions for such innocuous, noncontroversial subjects as cameras.

In short, Laney, I am grateful for all the good work you do at Feck.  Icing on the cake are your contributions here... well, also your folio presentations (sigh).

Last edited by trevor (November 19th, 2015 04:07 AM)

Board footer