#1 June 22nd, 2015 09:35 AM

Laney
Administrator

New Image Viewer

Hi guys,

You might have noticed we have a new image viewer - if you haven't I suggest checking it out straight away!

http://ishotmyself.com/public/view_gall … ive_free_2

What do you think? smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#2 June 22nd, 2015 09:54 AM

sondrine

Re: New Image Viewer

yay!

#3 June 22nd, 2015 06:40 PM

sirgeorge

as an exmember i regret i cant see any of the photos anymore in actual size, just all of the submitted pictures in thumbnailsize

#4 June 22nd, 2015 07:24 PM

benjamoo

I wondered what happened first thing this morning when I logged on, that explains it!
Unfortunately new viewer doesnt seem to be functioning properly on mobile or tablet sad

#5 June 22nd, 2015 08:24 PM

ashmedi

Laney wrote:

What do you think? smile

When I saw that yesterday, I thought my system was broke... Restarted the viewer 4 times at different photos  wink
But I do like it... It provides much faster navigation and no scrolling up/down or side/side...
And if I want a better larger look at anything in particular, I can just download it...
Nice change in my humble opinion  wink

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#6 June 24th, 2015 10:30 PM

ashmedi

I noticed today the new viewer has been replaced by the old...  Was there a problem?

Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#7 June 25th, 2015 12:13 AM

sirgeorge

looks the same for me: just thumbnails, no previews, but all in b&w now sad

#8 June 25th, 2015 09:40 AM

Fe3Cman

It's gone back to the old one for me too. I really like the new one though, it seemed to have a few bugs but once it's fixed it will be great! Good job Laney and the ISM team!

Last edited by Fe3Cman (June 25th, 2015 09:40 AM)

#9 June 25th, 2015 10:14 AM

Laney
Administrator

sirgeorge wrote:

Hey sirgeorge, how about you turn that frown upside down by becoming a member again? That way you can enjoy all of the photos and the new image viewer (when it returns), and you'll be helping to make sure we can keep bringing you the content you love. The only way we can keep paying contributors and the staff who keep the site running is through your membership.

Last edited by Laney (June 25th, 2015 10:23 AM)

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#10 June 25th, 2015 10:19 AM

Laney
Administrator

Fe3Cman wrote:

It's gone back to the old one for me too. I really like the new one though, it seemed to have a few bugs but once it's fixed it will be great! Good job Laney and the ISM team!

Thanks Fe3Cman! We've returned to the old image viewer temporarily while we work on making the new one completely mobile and tablet friendly.

Did you notice any bugs other than the mobile compatibility issues?

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#11 June 26th, 2015 09:58 PM

sirgeorge

Laney wrote:
sirgeorge wrote:

Hey sirgeorge, how about you turn that frown upside down by becoming a member again? That way you can enjoy all of the photos and the new image viewer (when it returns), and you'll be helping to make sure we can keep bringing you the content you love. The only way we can keep paying contributors and the staff who keep the site running is through your membership.

take my words just as a feedback from someone passing by your site...

so far, you kept me interested by the mode 'everyday some pics', now i get just small thumbnails (though this gives a better impression of the complete work)
but why are these thumbnails gone on the next day?
i always regretted, that you dont offer just 1 picture of each contributor, if one does some research on your site within older contributions (i personally do remember faces much better than words)

i am not complaining, no, its just feedback

sure i know i could relog, i simply cant afford 2 of your sites, so i kept being a member of BA since 2005, as i am more attracted by sounds than pictures. but i loved the chance to see some pictures of contributors of both sites, just to get an idea of who is behind that 'funny face'

hope you will find a solution, satisfying your members as well as the random bypassers...

#12 June 27th, 2015 01:59 AM

ProfessorSM

I like the new viewer and look forward to its return when the bugs are worked out.

#13 June 27th, 2015 01:50 PM

Laney
Administrator

sirgeorge wrote:

take my words just as a feedback from someone passing by your site...

so far, you kept me interested by the mode 'everyday some pics', now i get just small thumbnails (though this gives a better impression of the complete work)
but why are these thumbnails gone on the next day?
i always regretted, that you dont offer just 1 picture of each contributor, if one does some research on your site within older contributions (i personally do remember faces much better than words)

i am not complaining, no, its just feedback

sure i know i could relog, i simply cant afford 2 of your sites, so i kept being a member of BA since 2005, as i am more attracted by sounds than pictures. but i loved the chance to see some pictures of contributors of both sites, just to get an idea of who is behind that 'funny face'

hope you will find a solution, satisfying your members as well as the random bypassers...

Hi SirGeorge.

ISM is a paid site, not a free site. Subscriptions are the only way we can pay contributors and Feck staff for their valuable work. Without them there would be no ISM. Satisfying random bypassers is not our priority, because why should we work to satisfy you if you give us nothing in return? Running an erotic website is not as profitable as you might imagine.

Thank you for your membership to Beautiful Agony. Considering you personal tastes and finances, it's understandable that you would preference a BA membership over a membership to ISM. If you would like to keep enjoying ISM content, I suggest buying a one month membership, say, once a year or however often you can afford, and downloading all the folios you want in that time. I'm happy to refer you to the folios of any BA contributor you like on the forum.

Thanks for you feedback,
Laney

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#14 June 27th, 2015 01:51 PM

Laney
Administrator

ProfessorSM wrote:

I like the new viewer and look forward to its return when the bugs are worked out.

Thanks ProfessorSM! We're working hard on it and it should be back soon.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#15 June 30th, 2015 10:57 AM

Laney
Administrator

The new image viewer is back in action! Feedback welcome smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#16 June 30th, 2015 03:06 PM

Elsa_H

I'm digging the new viewer, good work Feck team

#17 July 1st, 2015 04:56 AM

bolle30

I don't see the 'Save image as' option, not in Firefox and not in Chrome, is it just me or is that a general problem?

#18 July 1st, 2015 08:04 AM

ashmedi

bolle30 wrote:

I don't see the 'Save image as' option, not in Firefox and not in Chrome, is it just me or is that a general problem?

I just noticed that as well and was going to ask the question also...
Only option is to "Save Link as" and that saves an HTML file, not an image...

#19 July 1st, 2015 09:43 AM

Laney
Administrator

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, we're working on fixing it now smile.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#20 July 5th, 2015 12:25 AM

Skyhawk

I must report that I prefer the old image viewer.
The new one is more difficult to use on my tablet.
On my desktop I cannot see a full view of portrait oriented photos unless I modify my monitor settings.
Sorry.  smile

Last edited by Skyhawk (July 8th, 2015 01:31 AM)

#21 July 6th, 2015 09:59 AM

Laney
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback Skyhawk.

What difficulties specifically are you having with the new image viewer on your tablet? If you outline the problems in detail we may be able to fix them.

By "full view" of portrait oriented photos, do you mean that the photos aren't resizing to fit your screen or that you can't see the photos at 100% resolution? Which browser are you using?

Hopefully we can fix the difficulties you're having, in the meantime there is also the option of downloading the folios as zip files and viewing the images with windows picture viewer or the like.

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#22 July 8th, 2015 01:31 AM

Skyhawk

Laney,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I confess to using an out of date version of Opera.
When I switched to the current version my problems with image size evaporated.
I also have no problems when using Chrome.
Thanks again.  big_smile

#23 July 8th, 2015 10:59 AM

Laney
Administrator

Glad to hear it! big_smile

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

Board footer