#1 June 1st, 2015 11:25 AM

sondrine

Feel it through words

Scrolling through tumblr recently, I stumbled across this:

"Seduce me with words;
poetic lust and skillful tongue.
Tempt my sensual side,
since your hands aren't here to
trace my spine and learn the curvatures of my figure.
And you might not be able to hear me scream, or beg for release....
but I promise I will
if you use that
lingual magic on me."

And it reminded me of the beautifully crafted rapport on ISM. It certainly makes it unique, sensitive, intimate and incredibly sexy. I thought it would be cool to share some words that get my mind racing. Here are a few lovely snippets I've gathered...

"You should know…
between your legs,
lies a garden of
tulips,
And I can’t wait to kiss your
(tu)-lips,
Water you until wet,
And lay over you
like the Sun."
- Dean Steed

"I hope she kisses you with the entire universe in her mouth so that you wake up with stars on your lips and a smile that drips constellations."
- Y.Z

"Oh to drown in your mind.
I would, I know I would. To suffocate in your smoke.
I'd choke on you if I could.
Maybe I will"
- Marika Hackman

"Stay. There are snowflakes on my tongue I want to melt on your inner thigh.”
- Andrea Gibson

"I want
to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees."
- Pablo Neruda

I'd love to see the words that make your spine tingle and your sets your imagination in hyperdrive
Sondrine~

#2 June 1st, 2015 05:42 PM

trevor

Re: Feel it through words

What a wonderful topic you have started, Sondrine.  Brilliant.  I particularly love the Neruda quote.  Thank you and all who might add to this topic.

#3 June 1st, 2015 11:52 PM

polaroid

Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful thread Sondrine & for gathering & sharing words that make your heart race. I loved reading the words you chose & there have been some truly wonderful contributions from you both so far & I'll be thrilled & excited to read all the contributions to come : )

Here are some words I thought I'd share that I've always found really beautiful & moving...

"Here she comes
Silent in her sound
Here she comes
Fresh upon the ground

Come gentle spring
Come at winter's end
Gone is the pallour from a promise that's nature's gift

Let me breathe the colour of spring

Here she comes
Laughter in her kiss
Here she comes
Shame upon her lips

Come wanton spring
Come for birth you live
Youth takes it's bow before the summer the seasons bring

Waiting for the colour of spring"

('April 5th' by Talk Talk, from the album 'The Colour of Spring'. Words by Mark Hollis)

Ben xx

Find your truth. Face your truth. Speak your truth. Be your truth.

#4 June 9th, 2015 12:15 PM

sondrine

Ben how lovely ! I'm so glad you guys are into this, I hope there's more to come !

I've just finished my book and I'm looking for some saucier things to read... I generally prefer to read about sex in more abstract and poetic ways - not to exclude the dirty and explicit styles, because I often find those types of books to be a little trashy and cliché (à la 50 shades or the guidance counselor from 10 Things I Hate About You) rather than raw and enticing type I'd prefer ... any suggestions ?

engorged

#5 June 9th, 2015 06:05 PM

trevor

Sondrine, you likely have already read "Lady Chatterley's Lover" but if not it is an extraordinary novel by DH Lawrence.  From the 18th century, Henry Fielding's "Tom Jones" is delightful though not as explicit as some of the 18th century drawings and paintings of that same period.  "Fanny Hill" by John Cleland is another very funny 18th century novel full of sexual romp and satire but of course not explicit by today's standards of published works.  Do you know "Candy" the 1958 satire by Terry Southern and Mason Hoffenberg?

#6 June 9th, 2015 08:27 PM

trevor

And Erica Jong's "Fear of Flying" starts its hilarity from the first page with the memorable line: "...and my nipples stand up and salute the inside of my bra.."  Also, Phillip Roth's "Portnoy's Complaint" has much that is erotic and is terribly funny.

Last edited by trevor (June 9th, 2015 08:28 PM)

#7 June 10th, 2015 12:21 PM

sondrine

Thanks Trevor ! I'll give them a go and let you know how they appeal to me :-)

#8 June 10th, 2015 08:06 PM

trevor

Yes, Sondrine, please do keep me apprised of your appraisals.  Always interested in what you have to say.

#9 June 11th, 2015 08:00 AM

polaroid

Hello beautiful Sondrine. To help with your literary desires, I'd love to recommend the wonderful Anais Nin, one of my favourite writers, & have selected some quotes for you which I hope you'll like & which I'd also love to share with this thread. So sorry for selecting so many...I found it really hard to reduce my initial list to only a few as I love them all so much!! Hope they excite, delight & inspire : )

“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”

"What can I do with my happiness? How can I keep it, conceal it, bury it where I may never lose it? I want to kneel as it falls over me like rain, gather it up with lace and silk, and press it over myself again.”

"You cannot save people. You can only love them.”

“I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic — in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.”

“I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”

“Only the united beat of sex and heart together can create ecstasy.”

“You carry away with you a reflection of me, a part of me. I dreamed you; I wished for your existence. You will always be a part of my life. If I love you, it must be because we shared, at some moment, the same imaginings, the same madness, the same stage.”

"When does real love begin? At first it was a fire, eclipses, short circuits, lightning and fireworks; the incense, hammocks, drugs, wines, perfumes; then spasm and honey, fever, fatigue, warmth, currents of liquid fire, feast and orgies; then dreams, visions, candlelight, flowers, pictures; then images out of the past, fairy tales, stories, then pages out of a book, a poem; then laughter, then chastity."

“I take pleasure in my transformations. I look quiet and consistent, but few know how many women there are in me.”

"When your beauty struck me, it dissolved me. Deep down, I am not different from you. I dreamed you, I wished for your existence. I see in you that part of me which is you. I surrender my sincerity because if I love you it means we share the same fantasies, we share the same madness.”

“I want to hear raucous music, to see faces, to brush against bodies, to drink fiery Benedictine. Beautiful women and handsome men arouse fierce desires in me. I want to dance. I want drugs. I want to know perverse people, to be intimate with them. I never look at naive faces. I want to bite into life, and to be torn by it.”

"To hell, to hell with balance! I break glasses; I want to burn, even if I break myself. I want to live only for ecstasy. I’m neurotic, perverted, destructive, fiery, dangerous - lava, inflammable, unrestrained.”

“Sex must be mixed with tears, laughter, words, promises, scenes, jealousy, envy, all the spices of fear, foreign travel, new faces, novels, stories, dreams, fantasies, music, dancing, opium, wine.”

“I want to love you wildly. I don’t want words, but inarticulate cries, meaningless, from the bottom of my most primitive being, that flow from my belly like honey. A piercing joy, that leaves me empty, conquered, silenced.”

“With her eyes alone she could give this response, this absolutely erotic response, as if febrile waves were trembling there, pools of madness... something devouring that could lick a man all over like a flame, annihilate him, with a pleasure never known before.”

“How do I look to him?" she asked herself. She got up and brought a long mirror towards the window. She stood it on the floor against a chair. Then she sat down in front of it on the rug and, facing it, slowly opened her legs. The sight was enchanting. The skin was flawless, the vulva, roseate and full. She thought it was like the gum plant leaf with its secret milk that the pressure of the finger could bring out"

“I love the abstract, delicate, profound, vague, voluptuously wordless sensation of living ecstatically.”

Ben xx

#10 June 11th, 2015 12:51 PM

sondrine

Ben, I love them all ! Thankyou, I'm definitely going to pour over that one !

#11 June 30th, 2015 03:13 PM

Elsa_H

On the weekend I purchased my vey first book of poetry - it's a collection of selected and translated works by Anna Akhtmatova. I've always associated poetry and classic novels/authors with highschool reading lists a d developed a serious aversion to them for quite a few years. In the last 12 months I've realised how much I've been missing out on! Sondrine I'm obsessed with the Y.Z quote you shared - it conjures up some reall beautiful imagery for me and makes my heart flutter. Hopefully I will have some stuff to share with you all soon smile

#12 July 9th, 2015 03:02 PM

sondrine

Hey Elsa, I'm so glad you're obsessed with that quote. I'd love you to share some of the lines you discover in your new book and share them with us !

Ben, while Anais Nin can write some beautiful phrases, I found her work unsatifying and hollow. I read a few short stories from 'Little Birds' and 'Delta of Venus' (which I found in my father's library) and they bothered me. She selects her words well, (I loved that she referred to the vagina as 'her sex') but structurally, the stories lack something. There's depth, but it's not explored well, there's insight into the characters minds, but it's not explored properly. I discussed this with a friend of mine, who was also enticed by the quotes of Anais Nin, but disappointed by the full stories. They escalated too quickly and ended abruptly. They seemed rushed, as though she was trying to fit as many dirty, shocking things into the pages, leaving the stories somewhat hasty and crude, which distracted me from the snippets of lyrical phrases. I also didn't enjoy the themes of some of the stories, pedophilia, incest etc. However, I don't see this as a flaw in her work, I just personally couldn't get into it. I hope I didn't offend you with my honesty - I really appreciate the suggestion Ben, thankyou :-)

Sondrine xx

Last edited by sondrine (July 9th, 2015 03:07 PM)

#13 July 28th, 2015 07:13 PM

sondrine

"I want you to crave me. From my lips, up to my words.."
-J.E

"I want to kiss you good morning between your legs and taste your dreams of us"
-Vitor Hugo Mota

#14 August 6th, 2015 09:25 PM

sondrine

“My pen is my tongue,
And I can’t wait to
Write poetry
Through your moans”

#15 August 7th, 2015 01:24 AM

ashmedi

"Do I love you because you're beautiful,?
Or are you beautiful because I love you?"

~ Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

~~~ Judy Garland

Ashmedi is an ancient demon of rage and lust.
Rage is not my thing, but I must admit to committing my favorite of the 7 deadly sins for most of the contributors smile

#16 August 17th, 2015 06:39 PM

sondrine

Lovely quotes ashmedi !

Now for something that might shock you ... DID YOU KNOW ROALD DAHL WROTE EROTIC FICTION ?!

sb

I can say with confidence that it is one of the best books I've read. His work is so well done. It's intelligent and it's structured. Each story develops a character so well, you practically absorb their libido.  There's such a build, so gripping. Then, an incredible twist at the end, which leaves me conflicted - shocked or confused or angry, yet satisfied.

Unfortunately, I lent it to a friend and don't have the book to pick out a quote so here's one I found on the internet...

"...the two of us were millions of miles up in outer space, flying through the universe in a shower of meteorites all red and gold. I was riding her bareback... "Faster!" I shouted, jabbing long spurs into her flanks. "Go faster!" Faster and still faster she flew, spurting and spinning around the rim of the sky, her mane streaming with sun, and snow waving out of her tail. The sense of power I had was overwhelming. I was unassailable, supreme. I was the Lord of the Universe, scattering the planets and catching the stars in the palm of my hand..."

Read it ! Read it ! Read it !

Sondrine xx

#17 August 28th, 2015 10:14 AM

polaroid

Hey Sondrine.

You definitely didn't offend me with your thoughts on Anais Nin. I love your honesty & I found your thoughts fascinating & agree with so much of what you said. I think it's because of all the flaws in her writing, the problems with her often disturbing or challenging themes, all that's unrealised or rushed, underexplored or overplayed that makes the moments of beauty she's capable of writing shine all the more brightly against that backdrop, like finding particles of gold in the mud.

Here's some Sappho quotes I found recently that I really like & thought I'd share...

“Love shook my heart like the wind on the mountain rushing over the oak trees.”

“...gracious your form and your eyes as honey : desire is poured upon your lovely face. Aphrodite has honored you exceedingly...”

“you came and I was crazy for you and you cooled my mind that burned with longing”

"Whatever one loves most is beautiful"

Ben xx

Ps had absolutely no idea Roald Dahl wrote erotic fiction!!! I can't believe I've gone through my life such a fan of his work but not knowing this!!! That book surely must have got some kind of prize for the most surreal title/cover art combination in literary history (!!??) I really loved the quote you posted & I can't wait to find this book & read it now, knowing how amazing you made it sound!! : )

#18 August 31st, 2015 01:08 PM

sondrine

I LOVE the second quote - i'm going to look into it... and you should DEFINITELY look into 'Switch Bitch' !!!

Board footer