#1 November 30th, 2013 10:38 PM

LeoBloom

Even the Mormons are doing it

Nice piece I came across in an Italian news site. Mormon women are getting fed up with being told what they can and cannot wear, and some of them have had themselves photographed starkers by a female Mormon photographer. You can see a selection here:

http://d.repubblica.it/beauty/2013/11/2 … HRESS-13#1

The overall effect is really sweet.

#2 December 1st, 2013 05:45 AM

brettk

Re: Even the Mormons are doing it

I love it. Great photos. And a tastefully made point.

#3 December 2nd, 2013 10:04 AM

viva

Super beautiful, thanks for sharing! Oh my gosh it is really good to hear from other folks besides our little HQ squad around here... at the risk of sounding desperate for playmates, is there any way this forum could evolve to make you guys hang around more often? We're willing to throw a hornswaggling balloon bash complete with candied apples and take-home mason jars with your names on them, just one example of the things we can do. But we're not desperate! Just please come hang out with us please ok thanks.

#4 December 2nd, 2013 10:14 AM

Laney
Administrator

Wow I didn't think I'd ever see Mormon women photographed nude, but here they are!

It's interesting to see how they express themselves physically, nearly always taking on very closed postures and taking up as little space as possible. It's such a polite, inoffensive way of saying "being naked doesn't make my body any less divine, or me any less in control of it". It's a beautiful way for them to gain a little more freedom and spread positivity in their community. I'm really glad it's happening. Thanks for the link!

brookebw-2-2.jpg

English link here: http://mormonwomenbare.com/

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#5 December 4th, 2013 05:11 PM

Woona

What a lovely project! This topic resonates within me and explodes in all possible outlets.  The intensity with which LDS culture controls women's bodies can pose an incredible challenge to those seeking to bare all truths. Choosing to trade shame for respect of the flesh is a life-altering choice. Being nude or clothed can be the difference between having support and being exiled.. between having a family and being homeless..      Big ups to all the souls shining bright enough to shatter the suffocating expectations and confines of religion!

#6 December 6th, 2013 08:51 AM

Laney
Administrator

Right on Woona! I love it when things explode in all possible outlets (teehee). But seriously, I always appreciate your thoughtful comments. Would you mind if we posted some pretty pictures of you on our facebook page?

Editor/Admin/Forum queen

#7 January 28th, 2014 10:18 AM

Woona

Thanks. Post away, Devochka : )  I'd like that

Board footer